10k uce 15xxl raspberry kush, GDP

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudGoggles

BudGoggles

I add A mix up the drum a little with my mixer then right away add B and so on with the rest of what ever goes in the mix. It only takes me about 15 min to mix the entire batch but I do whip it up between each additive
Add your zone last into the mix then when everything goes into the system its fully mixed up and ready to go
Good luck
BG

S

sourkush91

I would check all of your nutrient bottles... I have mad many nutrients go bad... I have seen lots of different brands have shit floating in them such as mold and other shit... Lots of advances stuff has gone bad on me so i tossed out prob 20 bottles i had laying around that i dont use... Just recently running house and garden i found mold growing on the inside of the cap of the bottle so i trashed them too... sometimes you can even smell the difference in a good nute and a bad one... I work at a grow store and from experience i can pretty much tell if it smells normal or not... just something to check for

H

hogan400

sourkush91, thanks man. I been wondering if my nutes are a problem?
Today I looked in my 32gal rez I been using daily for hand watering and it was cloudy. I only used 1 ml gal of magi-cal and 2ml per gallon of Dm A waited for it to mix, and then Dm B. Today its beginning.. My d.m has a minty smell where my old ones had a normal chem/water smell. Partner at the shop said its new and they added it a little while ago. So in my main rez I mixed up Ioninc grow and well see what happens. I may add zone to this new batch.

WTF.

B

Billz401

Hogan Why don't you just ditch the zone & h202 all together & just grab some h&g roots excel? I've ran it for 3 runs now with the whole h&g line & some cal mag...never had a slim issue or cloudy water...i keep my res temp at 65 to prevent root rot & I also add everything straight to the epi center...add A wait 15 mins add b wait 15 mins set ph to 5.8 & add all additives...I must say that even tho my ladies aren't perfect I've never had the issues u speak of..never had a root issue at all...I think most of my issues come from running different strains each run & just trying 2 dial them in instead of just mastering one strain...I'm not a vet at this jus throwing in my 2 cents lol...good luck bro!

H

hogan400

I appreciate the info, I do have a Eco commercial 1/2 ton chiller inline and my temps only vary if I want them too. In our area, a lot of rdwc and undercurrent people are having the same problem. We think it must be a fungus. Ill know in a week when tests come back. This has been a poor experience for me. It's tough when you get excellent advice, run tests and it don't help any. Very frustrating. I started growing in 99 so I have a good base of experience. Just new to uc, not water chemistry. Very disheartening!

B

Billz401

When we started we was having problems with our tap water but once we switched to RO no problems...this is only our 3rd grow ever & we used under current every run...I wanted 2 give up on it plenty of times...very frustrating lol...I hope u find out what's going on With your water & continue with ur UC

H

hogan400

Tonight I ran some additional water into my rez thats cloudy, and these little fluffy, kinda feathery, downy looking pieces of mold or fungus were knocked loose from somewhere. They floated around in the rez. Looked a little like it was snowing some kind of spore?? Anyone seen this before?

I added a Uv to the rez to test it overnight and see if it clears? Im glad its at its worst, so this test may give me an answer one way or another. WTF is up? I use a chiller, r.o, and have ran zone, h2o2, and many other products. Same results each time..

H

hogan400

Here is the fluffy pore or mold thats growing in the rez. Uv did not help. N
IMG 6876
othing has. Im tossing this can since its consistently doing this. However my Uc and my main rez is now clear using new ionic, however roots still dont seem to be reaching into the water yet?!

H

hogan400

What you cant see is this is growing on the bottoms, and sides in small random fuzzy little patches. I use a powerhead, keep it closed so no light gets it. It also has an air stone.

St3ve

St3ve

Yea dude that crazy. I've not seen anything like that in my rez or epi or anything.

Although, I'm a believer in fresh tap water so that probably helps.

H

hogan400

Used both tap and r.o.... today after 1 week of h2o2 my Uc finally clouded up. I was feeling pretty positive like I may have beat this. EWC next and seems to one of a few last options.

smokie

smokie

Do you replace the 3/4 black return hose, i do, mine gets all ugly everything looks clean and that for some reason cakes things on it.

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

Hogan400- Im a betting it is some kind of bacteria or fungi in the source water. Hang in there buddy, I am sure when the test come back you will get some answers and be back on track!

Hey Deacon1503- you run Heavy16 nutrients? Do you like them?

H

hogan400

Deac, the pump is for the Uv Im running on the test rez. Aqua brand hanging Uv. Nice quality unit and didnt do shit. lol
Smokie, I made a custom bottle brush cleaner to run through all my black vinyl tubing. Cleaned it with with bleach and a scrub. Looked nice and new.

ADVANCED BIO, I appreciate your insight and experience. Shady budgoggles, crssttii, along with a few others have really offered some opinions and ideas, even though didnt solve "my" problem, were still very quality answers and help!

ttystikk

ttystikk

I re-read this whole thread, and it seems to me that two things haven't been tried; beneficial tea, and driving the water temperature all the way down to 60 or 62. Did I miss it, or are these things on the schedule but haven't been tried yet?

H

hogan400

ttystikk, no ewc tea yet. Im getting it goin tonight or tomo. However I did drop temps to 60 but slowly brought it up when they kinda stalled out. The last batch of cuts it took longer for the bacteria to show up because it was colder and cleaner, but it eventually did. Whether at 60 or 65 same results. The first rd of my cuts went in as med size plants ready to go 8 days after my harvest(16" tall), secong rd was 12 days after those died, 3rd round 11 days after those died. Then a complete tear down. 3 days drying time,and I used 6 of the best cuts left to try a small 6 site system and troubleshoot stuff.

The only thing left is tea, and ozone treatments and wait for test results to create a real action plan. I still feel the only action plan will end up being the tea. Honestly, what other real options do I have? I am at a loss. My other real issue has quickly become costs associated with replacing nutes, sterilizers, pumps, Uv, air stones, tubing, diff cleaning products like a gallon of physan20 and bio kleen, cool scrubby goodies to clean corners and tubing with... shit has kinda taken its toll on me. I appreciate you taking the time to read the whole thing over! sometimes fresh eyes can point out things that I may have forgotten or overlooked. I know when close friends are having problems they have me come brainstorm and peep their shit just for that reason. So thank you.

AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

I feel very confident that if you install a proper UV/Ozone treatment plan for your source water all these problems will vanish and you will need no other additives like Zone and the like (except for cleaning and what not).

Lots of growers are under the assumption that water temp is what causes root rot which is not accurate at all. "Pathogens" in the water causes root rot, period, not water temperature. We tried temps all the way up to 76F with NO issues at all (68F is a great water temp to shoot for).

We use what is sometimes referred to as "Hospital Grade" water. I had my doubts that it would make that much of a difference about 4 years ago, but I was dead wrong as it not only solved all our water issues but saved a bundle in money that is not needed to constantly replenish all these supplies like Zone and others which you are seeing first hand.

Ozone is an effective method to inactivate harmful protozoa that form cysts. It will kill almost all known pathogens on this planet.

The main disadvantages of ozone is that it leaves no disinfectant residual in the water. This is actually a ADVANTAGE when used in a hydroponic system and is why Ozone is safe for treating drinking water.

One thing you may read about Ozone is that is produces as a by product a suspected carcinogen called "Bromate". BUT, it is also known that water SHOULD contain trace amounts of "Bromine". Have read where this data fact gets a bit twisted up you could say.

Top Bottom