10k uce 15xxl raspberry kush, GDP

• Thread starter hogan400
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AdvancedBioHydroponics

AdvancedBioHydroponics

The 2nd big change we made several years ago after trying almost all brands on the market was switch to a 2 part nutrient base called Shiva by Crop Nutrients. This stuff is like no other nutrient out there and is one of the ONLY formulas that is ammonia free!

PURE does not even come anywhere close to describing this stuff, you can run low levels of PPM like 400 max and provide FULL nutrition! Both parts A&B are as clear as water. The formula also contains proper amounts of chlorine (less than 2%). Also you use the same 2 parts for grow and flower cycles.

This is huge because what we found which was linked to our bacteria/water issues was that most all nutrients on the market use up to 25% (sometimes much more) ammonia based nitrogen to make the TOTAL percentage of there nitrogen content.

The only other formula we found was called Veg+Bloom as they offer a ammonia free formula for some extra cash.

Ammoniacal Nitrogen is not plant ready and must be broken down first by a special breed of bacteria called "Nitrifying Bacteria". These guys turn ammoniacal nitrogen into nitrate nitrogen which the plants can use. In this process of doing what they do they also cause a ion change that relates to low ph levels.

Now if a grower is trying to run sterile but there nutrient formula promotes bacteria growth and in fact MUST have bacteria growth to be processed then this would be counter productive, no?

Ammonia and UREA are fine for soil applications but can cause MAJOR problems in water culture systems.

What is more annoying is that nutrient makers do not seem to be aware of this at all, Advanced Nutrients being one of the biggest offenders as they STILL use UREA (mammal urine) for a nitrogen source in there formulas claimed to be made for hydroponics.

We tried the new CS Nutrients and were VERY excited at first only to find that they contain even MORE ammonia based materials (they even use a form of ammonia based calcium) than most in there formula specially made for the UC system?? Then they suggest using UC Roots which is a sterilizer? This type of logic in nutrient formulations must be corrected IMHO. Not trying to bash anyone or any products here especially the UC guys as we love those guys, just stating some facts here.

If nobody speaks of these "non popular" subjects how will things ever get any better right?

It seems there is still lots to be learned as far as what is best for water culture systems.

Anyhow once we installed the Ozone/UV treatment to our water supply and switched to this ammonia free formula Shiva, we stopped experiencing bacteria out breaks that were largely in part or "inspired" by the ammonia based content in our nutrient solutions.

The bigger point is that these "outbreaks" of biology produced to "fix" the ammonia based nitrogen content can spawn with them lots of troubles for the grower if the right environment conditions pre-exist (like water culture seems to create). Seen it first hand and it is UGLY!!

If you really want to run sterile, get rid of the ammonia based materials.

We also noticed that things like burnt leaf tips, loss of older leaves also all went away. We like to credit this due to the pure materials used in the base formula at correct ratios. I will never forget our very first test plant started from seed using Shiva 2 part base and our new "Hospital Grade" water, at the end of the test, the plant STILL had its original first two leaves that sprout at germination! I was amazed that they were still alive and still as green as the day the seed germinated! Keep in mind this was after 9 weeks of veg cycle followed by 9 weeks of flowering!

H

hogan400

I have thought about the ammonia in nutes, how it breaks down in the nitrification process. How it could effect performance in over abundances when no positive bacteria are present to break it down. All of what you say is very true. This is why bio buckets were one of the early systems to kill it once the 2 week nitrification window was applied properly.

I agree about discussion of non popular subjects for water culture, since so many are afraid of the new... reminds me of 10 years ago when one major discussion was getting 5lb plants outdoors on the regular "not possible". Tom Hill would argue that it was, and people would laugh. Now hes hitting 10+ per plant regularly and look how growers can get 5 without any skill when copying him. Also I know people that are getting 2+ per plant indoor on the norm with "basic" feed schedules and simple lighting "patterns" but most wont hear it...I really want my Uc to work for me, but having these bacteria problems give me pause.... several thoughts are always on my mind when it comes down to solutions"

1. Volume of flow for increased d.o beyond airstone use. people dont realize it but air pumps with stones are simply the minimum for hydro use.
2. Safe Ozone use application in water culture.
3. beneficial bacteria and better quality foods for indoor growing. Specifically water culture. Seems like you found a great product!

H

hogan400

The cloudiness is kinda holding its own with the Uv sterilizer on at all times.
Roots just wont grow a centimeter no matter what.

a strange thing however, my top off clouds up, my Uc clouds up but my main r.o holding rez has not for whatever reason? Its 75* and has a genx recirculating pump only. Maybe its gonna take longer? Its done it before... just not this time?

IMG 6894
IMG 6895
S

simpleone

The 2nd big change we made several years ago after trying almost all brands on the market was switch to a 2 part nutrient base called Shiva by Crop Nutrients. This stuff is like no other nutrient out there and is one of the ONLY formulas that is ammonia free!

PURE does not even come anywhere close to describing this stuff, you can run low levels of PPM like 400 max and provide FULL nutrition! Both parts A&B are as clear as water. The formula also contains proper amounts of chlorine (less than 2%). Also you use the same 2 parts for grow and flower cycles.

This is huge because what we found which was linked to our bacteria/water issues was that most all nutrients on the market use up to 25% (sometimes much more) ammonia based nitrogen to make the TOTAL percentage of there nitrogen content.

The only other formula we found was called Veg+Bloom as they offer a ammonia free formula for some extra cash.

Ammoniacal Nitrogen is not plant ready and must be broken down first by a special breed of bacteria called "Nitrifying Bacteria". These guys turn ammoniacal nitrogen into nitrate nitrogen which the plants can use. In this process of doing what they do they also cause a ion change that relates to low ph levels.

Now if a grower is trying to run sterile but there nutrient formula promotes bacteria growth and in fact MUST have bacteria growth to be processed then this would be counter productive, no?

Ammonia and UREA are fine for soil applications but can cause MAJOR problems in water culture systems.

What is more annoying is that nutrient makers do not seem to be aware of this at all, Advanced Nutrients being one of the biggest offenders as they STILL use UREA (mammal urine) for a nitrogen source in there formulas claimed to be made for hydroponics.

We tried the new CS Nutrients and were VERY excited at first only to find that they contain even MORE ammonia based materials (they even use a form of ammonia based calcium) than most in there formula specially made for the UC system?? Then they suggest using UC Roots which is a sterilizer? This type of logic in nutrient formulations must be corrected IMHO. Not trying to bash anyone or any products here especially the UC guys as we love those guys, just stating some facts here.

If nobody speaks of these "non popular" subjects how will things ever get any better right?

It seems there is still lots to be learned as far as what is best for water culture systems.

Anyhow once we installed the Ozone/UV treatment to our water supply and switched to this ammonia free formula Shiva, we stopped experiencing bacteria out breaks that were largely in part or "inspired" by the ammonia based content in our nutrient solutions.

The bigger point is that these "outbreaks" of biology produced to "fix" the ammonia based nitrogen content can spawn with them lots of troubles for the grower if the right environment conditions pre-exist (like water culture seems to create). Seen it first hand and it is UGLY!!

If you really want to run sterile, get rid of the ammonia based materials.

We also noticed that things like burnt leaf tips, loss of older leaves also all went away. We like to credit this due to the pure materials used in the base formula at correct ratios. I will never forget our very first test plant started from seed using Shiva 2 part base and our new "Hospital Grade" water, at the end of the test, the plant STILL had its original first two leaves that sprout at germination! I was amazed that they were still alive and still as green as the day the seed germinated! Keep in mind this was after 9 weeks of veg cycle followed by 9 weeks of flowering!

Hey bro, I've just looked up the Shiva a/b product, but couldn't find a label on it. So, if I wanted to use the A+B to get into the target range of the "standard" nutrient profile (100N-100P-200K-60Mg), how much of A+B would I need to use?

PrefersHam

PrefersHam

i cant wait for the response. i bet its no less than 1000 words.
peace,
ham

S

simpleone

Hmm, I just finished reading about what happened in QB's thread, lol. Now I know what you mean Mr.ham.

H

hogan400

I added the tea since it foamed up a little, and smelled of earth, and in my buckets I have some slimy build up on the side walls at the water level. The water has a funky smell and my cloudiness is still there.... On a positive note, roots are starting to grow and plants are looking greener and reaching for a little light.

Is this brownish slimy buildup normal?

H

hogan400

Last night I noticed the tea seemed to be helping my cloudiness and the roots were still reaching and looking very healthy even though there are only a few. Today the cloudiness is gone. The roots are still growing and the water looks like others have posted, and has a clear tint of brown to it.

My buckets have a light brown film on the walls, edges, and stones, but I get the feeling its the microbes or bene's attacking the bacteria in my buckets that may not be visible to the naked eye? Any one else see this film as well? I will load some pics of it later on.

Fingers crossed fer sure. I Kept this experimental 6 site going for a while now diagnosing every nute and idea recommended to no success. for the very first time in a while I have some results albeit not really an answer, but def the first growth of any type in my Uc since my last harvest in mid Feb.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
Hey Hogan, I did all the remedies in bottles as I have read that you have done. I wanted to, but skipped the whole UV stuff. Seems that with the easiest way to install, in line, you end up pushing water by the element too fast to do any real good.

I am having complete success with the tea. I would even recommend that if you are doing 48 hours, you should be feeding your tea again at 24(@75*, longer if lower). Capulator has a thread on this- probably many- with great info that will help you out.

PB

deacon1503

deacon1503

The cloudiness is kinda holding its own with the Uv sterilizer on at all times.
Roots just wont grow a centimeter no matter what.

a strange thing however, my top off clouds up, my Uc clouds up but my main r.o holding rez has not for whatever reason? Its 75* and has a genx recirculating pump only. Maybe its gonna take longer? Its done it before... just not this time?

is that sediment on the bottom of the bucket? in the 6895 pic?

H

hogan400

Deac, thats the sediment from the growstones and the lt brown slime and salt. This stuff is way darker and is much more visible now that the water is clean. I will shoot pics tonight.

H

hogan400

Scum photos.

After the last physan, scrub, bleach, disassemble, bleach scrub and flush and fill...
I didnt notice any funny residue, scum or slime. Just the cloudiness thats been plaguing me and the rot it creates.

After I added the tea, this brown film and residue showed up. I believe its the bene's coating and attacking the bacteria/fungus thats shittin in my Uc.
IMG 6901
IMG 6903
IMG 6904

H

hogan400

new batch of tea and aquashield. Im gonna order CAPs packs to add to it and help my coco run as well. Cap has been a big help with the tea for me so Thank You CAP!

H

hogan400

My water is still clear, and roots still growing.... Damn, im getting a little pumped and hope this is the needed solution. If so, EWC TEA every ride in my Uc!

H

hogan400

last night I added some fresh ewc tea, then a little nutes waited a bit, then some ph down. Bout 20 min later my water had became a little cloudy. Couple hours later, very cloudy. Any one have this issue before?

Dollar

Dollar

I dont know if this helps with my limited experience with TEAs. I have noticed that adding ph down or up (maybe killing the bennies) directly after tea addition seems to decrease the uptake from the plants in the following days. If I add the nutes, ph up or down much prior to tea addition, the plants uptake much more nutes in the following days. I believe the up, down kills the bennies, at least in my limited experience with TEAs.

H

hogan400

Yeah, +1 Dollar. Same here. I have figured out at this point its a bacteria that is in my ph down, or my ph down is bad, and causing all the stress and slime issues...

Tea is king in my troubleshooting and the only thing to work. AT ALL.

I used R.o water, and tap water.
Hydroton and growstones.
Zone, H2O2, Bleach, Uc roots, hydrofungicide.
Replaced all nutes, several brands!
cleaned scrubbed, bleached at 10+% even.
Physan20,
Complete disassemble and bottlebrush cleaning of poly lines.
Bleach flush of my chiller.
New airstones and lines, cleaned air pump filter.
All the cleaning and sterilizing was each fucking time I tried new babies. 3x
Basically the only thing to kill or stop my fungus/bacterial problem was

1 handful wonder worm
1 small scoop ancient amber
10ml aquashield
20ml hi brix to feed the tea
I am ordering CAPS benes' soon to add for additional proper love.
All per gallon of r.o water balanced to 6.0,

Brewed for atleast 12 hrs no more than 24 for me. Mine only foams a little but I feel its because my water has so much bad shit going on pre ewc tea brew IMO?
I added 1 cup per 2 gallons Uc system water volume for my first addition. 1 cup per 10 gallons twice weekly for maintenance dosages. Seems to be working well.
1 cup per 1 gallon diluted, and re-phed' to 5.8, then root crown fed every other maintenance dose, to hopefully kill any bacteria or shit in my growstones and interior of my root colony.

As of now its working flawlessly and 5 of 6 plants look 100% better, so much so, that I will carry this troubleshooting 6 site evo13xxl full term to harvest. The 6th is still in shock so I may replace it. I do feel these all could be replaced with better quality clones that are not trying to repair. However I need to see if damaged clones will produce healthy weight after such a bashing. That the tea is good for me and my evo the full run. Thanks for all ur help farmers!

h400 Is back and the 6 site looks waaay proper. Pics in a couple days.

Top Bottom