10x10 9600 watt LED grow

• Thread starter firstcontact
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

They look very happy man, good job can clearly see your not a beginner at this. And those genetics are insane, make sure not to waste those leafes, i would make cannabutter out of them. Edibles are something else, I love it but cant handle it, get so paranoid Im but to shit myself. But as I said dont hope for that 6-7 pound harvest, think more 2 pounds, anything above is bonus. Had you topped and vegged little more then maybe. Just to keep your hopes realistic and so you dont get dissapointed later. Sorry for repeating that I know me and @needshelpguy already meantion it :)
What nutes are you using? Also is that 9600w real powerdraw or is it this LED draws 200 w but equals 600w hps kinda thing? Because 9600w real power draw is overkill IMO for those plants.
And what do you do with the air exchange, how many times to you exchange the air in the room?

Yeah I agree but I would not be buying 50 for 20$ each when at the end of the day they are just little plants I would buy one and vege it out to get the rest but since you already got them they look great, but I agree to wait a couple weeks till roots are more stable until you top :)
I would done the same buddy, but thats because Im poor hahha :P But if you think how much time your saving by buying all clones at once compared to vegging couple moms 2-3 months, waiting for clones to roots etc it becomes reasonable, In that time you could to 2 big harvest and the clones pay themself. He just made a mistake of not vegging them enough for the clones to be realy affordable.

Edit: Also when you tag make sure the taggers name shows up and then click on it otherwise I get no notification that you tagged me or needshelpguy :)

F

firstcontact

They look very happy man, good job can clearly see your not a beginner at this. And those genetics are insane, make sure not to waste those leafes, i would make cannabutter out of them. Edibles are something else, I love it but cant handle it, get so paranoid Im but to shit myself. But as I said dont hope for that 6-7 pound harvest, think more 2 pounds, anything above is bonus. Had you topped and vegged little more then maybe. Just to keep your hopes realistic and so you dont get dissapointed later. Sorry for repeating that I know me and @needshelpguy already meantion it :)
What nutes are you using? Also is that 9600w real powerdraw or is it this LED draws 200 w but equals 600w hps kinda thing? Because 9600w real power draw is overkill IMO for those plants.
And what do you do with the air exchange, how many times to you exchange the air in the room?

I would done the same buddy, but thats because Im poor hahha :P But if you think how much time your saving by buying all clones at once compared to vegging couple moms 2-3 months, waiting for clones to roots etc it becomes reasonable, In that time you could to 2 big harvest and the clones pay themself. He just made a mistake of not vegging them enough for the clones to be realy affordable.

Edit: Also when you tag make sure the taggers name shows up and then click on it otherwise I get no notification that you tagged me or needshelpguy :)

Hey @OdlaFett thanks for that veg tip honestly! I'm going to veg my clones after 4 days of being in the medium then I'll veg them for 2-3 weeks after that topping sequence.

Also it's not a real 9600 watt draw lol that would be insane for a 10x10 But that's why I went LED. I use a combination of sorts. I'll PM everything I've run with as you've been very helpful.

I have fresh air from outside filling the room. i actually have fresh air coming into the room 3 times a week for a full day cycle.

So I buy clones because I can afford it but I have two mother's going MochixGelato41 and Planet Dosi. They will start providing clones for the runs in 2020 after this last purchase clone run.

I personally think I'll be north of 2 pounds when dry but I have taken away my 8 pound guesstimate. The next run I post will be a 30 pound run, and I'll dedicate it you guys for the tips. Hoping to top the clones when they arrive then veg them for 2-3 weeks in 24/0 before flowering. With the current set up I would like to be touching 30. I'm a soil grower but was considering hydro (coco) if that would increase my yields by at least 20%

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Dude its my pleasure, your very polite and Im learning aswell by discussing with you. I never tried LED and co2 but Im gathering knowledge by talking to other growers like yourself, tahts why Im asking some questions aswell. You clearly know what your doing and that shows on your happy plants. Just giving my tips since I made all the mistakes a grower can make in my 13 years of growing and have still alot to learn.

Nice to hear its not real 10000w haha now it makes more sense! And yeah I think 20 bucks for clones is fair price if you can shelf it out, you saving alot of time, but smart that you starting motherplants, gonna save you alot of money that way!

No need to dedicate anything to anyone but time for your plants! And when I hear I was some help to anyone simply thats makes my day! :)

I mean, coco is better, faster growing, less bugs, cleaner etc but sure you want to risk it with having 100 plants, 1K clone investment and no prior expirence with coco?
Make the next one with soil if you ask me, you know how, and have maybe 10 plants in coco and perlite mix, just to get a hang of it and to be able to make noobie mistakes without risking the whole crop. Coco is much diffrent than soil, more watering, need suppliment with calmag etc.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

yeah im loooking forward to seeing it, I agree i have just moved to coco and much more care if needed and im only doing two plants, growth is much faster though so if you are looking to move to coco eventually i would definitely do a few in coco

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

yeah im loooking forward to seeing it, I agree i have just moved to coco and much more care if needed and im only doing two plants, growth is much faster though so if you are looking to move to coco eventually i would definitely do a few in coco
You also got a grow journal going? :)

B

Badmf

I appreciate it! Haha I already wanted to post in the in original go but hella forgot...doing things while high.

This is a smaller run than expected (33 plants total). The one following will be 100 clones in 1 gallon woven bags. Also I didn't mind the current setup because I don't mind the electricity bill as it's LED and i didn't want the clones fighting for light as they only have a 2x2 coverage. Also didn't want to veg then longer for height issues and it being the first run. So with the same plan and the 100 clones vs 33 should should a massive difference in yield.
One gallons make more work for you as they dry so quickly, water polymers can help but damn near daily watering is required you can do it just keep an accurate mplant diary

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

One gallons make more work for you as they dry so quickly, water polymers can help but damn near daily watering is required you can do it just keep an accurate mplant diary
True, thats the downside. Some vermiculite in the soil would help. I would also skip perlite in this case. But he can squeeze in more plants this way. I feel people over hype the pot size requeriments, i grown many SOG grows with 1/2 and 1 gallon pots with great results. Watering only becomes a everyday thing the last 3-4 weeks of flowering.

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

@OdlaFett Might make one soon but check out my thread "is this bugs?" having couple problems with bugs any input appreciated I dont have much experience with bugs i usually just ride it out

F

firstcontact

@OdlaFett @needshelpguy would you guys train on day 24 of flower (day 29 of 12/12)

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Hmm if they were taller then yes but they pretty short anyways dont know if that would help you so much honestly, I would just try bringing the lights closer first without burning them ofc. What I done when doing SOG grows is harvesting the top cola then lower the lights and letting the bottom buds finish aswell

F

firstcontact

@OdlaFett @needshelpguy I dropped the lights from 28 inches to 14 inches above canopy (had em high for the stretch) I also heavy defoliated. Out of the 30 clones I gave roughly 14 a tie down. Most of the smallest ones and a few large ones

IMG 20191207 152153
IMG 20191207 152234
IMG 20191207 152205
IMG 20191207 152221
Last edited:
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Gonna be honest and say that I belive defoliation was in THIS case very unecessary and might do more bad than good. Too small plants for that and the fan leafes didnt block anything they had plenty of space and light coming from diffrent directions. I hope Im wrong though! Sometimes less is more and sometimes its best to let the plant do its job.

souf69

souf69

Focus on quality not quantity in strains that is. Second like quoted those pots are way to big for those weeds. Think of a plant as big as you can imagine in that room with all those lights on it, and then shoot for that. Find the best pheno you got and make it happen. We are mining enough soil everyday so no need to waste good soil or coco or let alone your cash. You can get your goal with one plant believe it or not.

Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

you will need quality led lighting if you want results like your talking about. Unfortunately what your running, just from the photos tell me they are older, inexpensive “grow” lights. Often rated as replacements for much higher wattage lighting. These are over rated, inefficient and lack quality diodes. Not being a dick just trying to let you know that you may not be gaining any efficiency with these. Many of these are actually less efficient and put out poor quality grow lighting. I suggest looking at HLG quantum boards. You can buy them direct from China and save a ton of you like, currently the top bin Samsung lm301h are the best on the market imo. . Love your enthusiasm, just think you Have the carriage before the horse and might want to get a few more grows under your belt and build some experience before you throw so much money at it.

F

firstcontact

@souf69 @Mr.jiujitsu hey, I wouldn't say these are cheap LED lights kit total was $1,000 for just lights. I will look into newer LEDs though as I have a friend at luxx. So I'll try one of their higher end LEDs out (I'll pass on samsung). I'll run the tent half and half to compare yields. Also I live in California, I'm not doing this for money I'm doing this to learn how to do larger runs as I am in the process of getting my cultivation license.

@OdlaFett so there actually wasn't a lot of bud exposure on the bottom half of the clones. Obviously me being here in person I know that, but just wanted to inform you. So the heavy defoliation was def needed. Also I usually heavy defoliate before week 4 flower, so in week 6 she will be a whole thicker lady.

Last edited:
Mr.jiujitsu

Mr.jiujitsu

@souf69 @Mr.jiujitsu hey, I wouldn't say these are cheap LED lights kit total was $1,000 for just lights. I will look into newer LEDs though as I have a friend at luxx. So I'll try one of their higher end LEDs out (I'll pass on samsung). I'll run the tent half and half to compare yields. Also I live in California, I'm not doing this for money I'm doing this to learn how to do larger runs as I am in the process of getting my cultivation license.

@OdlaFett so there actually wasn't a lot of bud exposure on the bottom half of the clones. Obviously me being here in person I know that, but just wanted to inform you. So the heavy defoliation was def needed. Also I usually heavy defoliate before week 4 flower, so in week 6 she will be a whole thicker lady.

You spend so much effort acting like you have a clue. Luxx does NOT have any LED lights on the market. Your welcome to stay away from Samsung, I mean they have the lead on LED efficiency but whatever. Thankfully your not doing this for money, or you would learn about bankruptcy as well. I personally look forward to watching you spend 2k on clones and come
Back with 1/2 lb of larf 🤣😂. I can’t figure out if this whole thing is a joke or what

Nugg

Nugg

You spend so much effort acting like you have a clue. Luxx does NOT have any LED lights on the market. Your welcome to stay away from Samsung, I mean they have the lead on LED efficiency but whatever. Thankfully your not doing this for money, or you would learn about bankruptcy as well. I personally look forward to watching you spend 2k on clones and come
Back with 1/2 lb of larf 🤣😂. I can’t figure out if this whole thing is a joke or what
I do so enjoy constructive feedback...I do agree with tho.....clones are cheap and easy to make..I only use led..I have 3 rooms all 6'×6'.. there's no way I could force any more than 4 plants in there..30-45 day veg.60 flower..I found that the viparspectra..parr. 600-700 work as well or better than any light I've used...for all around light..some do better for flower...I prefer to veg.in straight blue light..then switch over to white and red for flower.i shut the blue off..seems to have less veg.during this time.

Top Bottom