11/13 increases phenotypic expression

• Thread starter canadaseed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
canadaseed

canadaseed

I've read of a grow where a guy was battling some kind of root pest and noticed his best harvest came from him keeping the population down and once he got rid of them completely harvest weren't as good ?

Maybe because the plant realizes it's competing with other hosts it works harder 'just in case' tehy get the upper hand. It may even grow bigger buds thinking 'gotta gives this my all, no letting down.'

thought you might find this an interesting read it's exactly what you were talking about.. how plants communicate throughout mycorrhizal nets

from the article i linked^^ "In this case, the alerted bean plants deployed aphid-repelling chemicals and other chemicals that attract wasps, which are aphids’ natural predators. The bean plants that were not connected received no such warning and became easy prey for the pesky insects."

canadaseed

canadaseed

If you had a strain you wanted to give 'super powers' to. My question is if in a control setting u were to have lets say a 5 plant crop and you subjected it to an attack off some sort. In a controlled manner you would be forcing the plant to 'learn' new defense mechanisms. After 2 generations combating an attack is it possible to see a plant develop new cannabis or terpenoid profiles perhaps a new way if defending itself from the attack.

^^ the above article describes how lizards that were flown across the world and put into a new habitat evolved rapidly to adapt to its new environment. growing a larger head to eat plants and also a whole new intestinal track. Quite outstanding stuff.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

See the myco Being choosey is a phenotypic expression I can dig that....

And the terepene thing is in there it's been in there, like the question often asked how do I bring out the true colors or smell etc.....
This is it, it's in the code just waiting to be triggered.....This is why I label my container and recycle soil in same container to put same cuttings in soils they prefer........actually give there sister clone a chance to pick up where sister left off as far as the roots exuding substances into the roots to create a balance ....in a live soil plants will atleast attempt to balance ph and the roots exude food for bacteria and fungus.....gets me thinking

urban1026835

urban1026835

Congrats on your first kid man!! kids are awesome!! Ya i learned some stuff too subcool was cutting off DJ a few times?? or was that just me?? theres a few others kinda the same.. breeders talking giving tips. i like to just burn a fatty stream the video and do other things on the computer while listening... when i hear something interesting i take notes..
yeah i noticed the cutting off as well, strange dynamic to say the least...i also enjoy icannabis radio when i am doing my garden work.

canadaseed

canadaseed

@urban1026835 ya it's almost like sub has a tad bit of ADD and was so quick to grab the mic lol. good info from them altogether tho.. it's an interesting panel because they all have different philosophies about growing weed. I've never heard of icannabis radio im gonna check it out

urban1026835

urban1026835

@urban1026835 ya it's almost like sub has a tad bit of ADD and was so quick to grab the mic lol. good info from them altogether tho.. it's an interesting panel because they all have different philosophies about growing weed. I've never heard of icannabis radio im gonna check it out

They definitely have some good shows on there, the history of the chem & sour episodes were good.

salmon

salmon

Maybe because the plant realizes it's competing with other hosts it works harder 'just in case' tehy get the upper hand. It may even grow bigger buds thinking 'gotta gives this my all, no letting down.'

thought you might find this an interesting read it's exactly what you were talking about.. how plants communicate throughout mycorrhizal nets

from the article i linked^^ "In this case, the alerted bean plants deployed aphid-repelling chemicals and other chemicals that attract wasps, which are aphids’ natural predators. The bean plants that were not connected received no such warning and became easy prey for the pesky insects."

It debatable whether plants can actually 'think'at all. Even though they've been shown to communicate, it may be that they're simply responding to chemical and environmental cues, biological automatons if you will. But maybe not. More research in this area needed to say with any certainty either way.

~S

canadaseed

canadaseed

Good point @salmon the differece between coding in the universe and self-awarness. The plant kingdom can certainly communicate but is it self-aware? (concussions). I watched a doc on TVO some years ago they were saying that if u cut down a tree well the leafs on that tree will release chemicals that would warn the other trees not only that there's an attack but the type of attack. insect/fungal/bacteria/disease... The trees could even coordinate insect attacks... using the insects to their advantage.

studies on plant communication

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Another great link must read ....I still gotta go read that last link you put up
Good point @salmon the differece between coding in the universe and self-awarness. The plant kingdom can certainly communicate but is it self-aware? (concussions). I watched a doc on TVO some years ago they were saying that if u cut down a tree well the leafs on that tree will release chemicals that would warn the other trees not only that there's an attack but the type of attack. insect/fungal/bacteria/disease... The trees could even coordinate insect attacks... using the insects to their advantage.

salmon

salmon

There has been some fascinating research into plant communication in recent years. Personally, I would like to believe that plants have consciousness, but I'm not willing to make a statement on the topic to that effect without a great deal more research being done. It will never be an easy question to answer.

Here's another article you'll find interesting.

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n2/science/plants-may-communicate-by-sound-262406.html

And another. Note that when the authors say 'self-recognition' they mean this as a cellular level, not in terms of consciousness.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1461-0248.2009.01313.x/abstract

~S

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

@way2green would you share on the subject. With your education and experience...you agree with the lighting schedule and other suggested factors influencing phenotypic expression s,? :cigar:
Peace and CBG grease:asshat:

way2green

way2green

Wtf?

way2green

way2green

@way2green would you share on the subject. With your education and experience...you agree with the lighting schedule and other suggested factors influencing phenotypic expression s,? :cigar:
Peace and CBG grease:asshat:
I concur! Trees, trees, muthafriggin trees and kind Friggin bud will make the "Trees" totally infiltrate the subconscious expose its dirty little head until the "flux capacitor" just gives up to the tallest tree!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Pretty sure the moons cycle is strong enough to penetrate our grow rooms. you can probably emulate the light of it though with a faint 'push' light for a few minutes mid dark period.
I read that the moons natural cycle with the earth could actually cause continuous stress in rooms where the photoperiod runs at night as it confuses the hell out of the girls. Using the moons natural cycle wherever possible is important in several ways.
It's a full moon sow some beans!!!

way2green

way2green

Start spreading the beans Johnny Appleseed! Do you worry about the Lunar pull effecting your ability to see the trees because of the forest?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Start spreading the beans Johnny Appleseed! Do you worry about the Lunar pull effecting your ability to see the trees because of the forest?
Went over my head....I suppose that means I dont worry about that. Out of curiosity what are you talking about lol

Top Bottom