11k Vertical Undercurrent Grow rockin Barney's Sweet Tooth X Soma's Rockbud

• Thread starter IPlay4Keepz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Sic show in here man! Great job with them ladies and not to tell ya what to do but maybe ramp them nutes up slow. When I read aggressive I got a little scared and have fried way too much stuff. I think hydro is pretty powerful and real easy to take up nutes. Congrats and great luck to ya, Ill be watching in the back. :)

EDIT. Just noticed the plywood floor. Watch out for that stuff bro I just had some plywood in a room go moldy. Sucked! I had to wipe it down with some bleach then used a product from the hardware store called kilzit. It Keeps mold down. Thought I might throw that out there for ya too.

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Waters the best nute of all

Nice set brother.

Daniel (CC) asked me to mention the plants look strong but are exhibiting signs of over fertilization, specifically the smaller leaf growth you're experiencing.....this indicates that water is in limited supply and restricts "water leaf" growth.

Plants slow their transpiration in dry conditions by reducing their leaf surface, in turn reducing transpiration rates, which conserves water.

Try cutting your nute strength by 1/3 and give them a few days to show you what's up. The lower ppm's will allow the plants to uptake more water, speeding up their metabolism and making you smile. :) ......later you'll be able to put the pedal to the minerals.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Sic show in here man! Great job with them ladies and not to tell ya what to do but maybe ramp them nutes up slow. When I read aggressive I got a little scared and have fried way too much stuff. I think hydro is pretty powerful and real easy to take up nutes. Congrats and great luck to ya, Ill be watching in the back. :)

EDIT. Just noticed the plywood floor. Watch out for that stuff bro I just had some plywood in a room go moldy. Sucked! I had to wipe it down with some bleach then used a product from the hardware store called kilzit. It Keeps mold down. Thought I might throw that out there for ya too.

Thanx 4 droppin by... i hear ya about bein careful with running the aggressive formula. i start cutting with RO water if i c i'm pushin em 2 hard. Theres plenty of room in this UC with 13g buckets. This cross is a nute whore so we'll c :icon_spin: -Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Good Call!!!!

Nice set brother.

Daniel (CC) asked me to mention the plants look strong but are exhibiting signs of over fertilization, specifically the smaller leaf growth you're experiencing.....this indicates that water is in limited supply and restricts "water leaf" growth.

Plants slow their transpiration in dry conditions by reducing their leaf surface, in turn reducing transpiration rates, which conserves water.

Try cutting your nute strength by 1/3 and give them a few days to show you what's up. The lower ppm's will allow the plants to uptake more water, speeding up their metabolism and making you smile. :) ......later you'll be able to put the pedal to the minerals.

Now that u mention it... the humidity is extremely low while lights on and i've been vegging them under 20/4. I'll definitely back off 1/3 since i'm dumping my rez as we speak getting ready 4 the first week of flowering. Thanx 4 d tip... Much respect -Keepz

Papa

Papa

Supporter
Just noticed the plywood floor. Watch out for that stuff bro I just had some plywood in a room go moldy.

Damn! good eye Purkle!
'any dampness on that and the mold will take off.
in fact, higher humidity will get it going . . . maybe under your buckets first.

Papa

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Update wit pics...

Ok these r my babies goin in2 their first week of flower. They r 20in tall, but over 2ft wide :anim_19: Definitely hav 2 say this UC is practically idiot proof...Nuff said here they go:
trees3.jpg

trees1.jpg

-Keepz

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Give them a flush!!! I like an 8 hr flush at 250 ppm it seems to really kick them in gear and you will see how much the plants need it after you do it..Keep it up bro JACK

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

2 Phenos...

As u might have read in the title this is Rock Bud crossed with Barney's Sweet Tooth. I was gifted an indica leaning pheno and a sativa leaning pheno.
I apologize 4 the quality of the pics. I'm using my i-phone. Here they are both in 1 bucket just 4 shits n giggles:
trees2.jpg

These r so u get an idea how wide they r:
trees5.jpg
trees4.jpg

-Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Will keep an eye on it...

Damn! good eye Purkle!
'any dampness on that and the mold will take off.
in fact, higher humidity will get it going . . . maybe under your buckets first.

Papa
Yeah... the fucked up part is i have the poly. But i was so excited 2 c how the system worked, I ddnt take in2 consideration how much of a pain in the ass it was goin 2 b 2 take apart the pvc. Its a lil different using soapy water 2 squeeze them in but once their in even soapy water has difficulty gettin em out. Any moisture that damages the plywood would have 2 come from ambient humidity because these Uniseals r NO FREAKIN JOKE!!! LMFAO my cousin swears he blew his ass out tryin 2 take em apart. I know... super burnout maneuver :joint:
It'll b fine 4 1 grow and i'm puttin an Evo in there next anyway. This UC model duznt exactly fit this room idealy either. I dont know if u noticed the angle at which its running :stonedsmilie: Yeah me n my cuz just slappin shit together as usual -Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Thanx 4 the tip!

Give them a flush!!! I like an 8 hr flush at 250 ppm it seems to really kick them in gear and you will see how much the plants need it after you do it..Keep it up bro JACK

What kinda process do u go thru when u flush? Do i fill the system with tap water, ph it and let it run for 8 hours. Dump the rez and add nutrient solution?
Or add RO water, let it run for 8 hours and then start mixing in the Aquaflakes in the proper order?
Or do i run a product like Clearex thru the system for 8 hours and then dump?
All suggestions r welcome since this is my first vertical grow and first time growin in the UC. Thanx -Keepz

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
WOOOOOW BRO!!!! Much respect UC killin right now!!! doin a killer job bro now i jus need to save up 50,000 to get our goin!!! haha keep it Dank. HDK

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

WTF... 50 stacks?!?!

WOOOOOW BRO!!!! Much respect UC killin right now!!! doin a killer job bro now i jus need to save up 50,000 to get our goin!!! haha keep it Dank. HDK

when it was all said and done i didnt spend over 10 grand 2 put this grow 2gether. of course thats not counting rent and utilities, but if u need help sourcing anything i'd b more than glad 2 help -Keepz

PS i buy my 1k horti super hps bulbs for $63 at www.mdhydro.com if any1 is interested.:smiley_joint:

R

Raphael

I sure am enjoying the show Keepz keep it up bro check out my pics of some of what I have going on some Blue Dream.

I like rdwc a lot have not seen a system with faster growth...when the res temps are 68 and there's tons of DO they just explode!

Can't wait to see this big bud go boom haha

B

brookstown

Sorry if you've already answered this but how is your AC holding up to all the lights? 3 tons enought for 11 lights? Warm or cold climate?

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Sorry if you've already answered this but how is your AC holding up to all the lights? 3 tons enought for 11 lights? Warm or cold climate?

With the Sentinel chhc-1 and 50lb co2 tank i keep the room at 1600-1800 ppm. So if the temps rise to 85-89 degrees during peak hours its not a hassle.
I'm in MI and i run my lights at night from 7pm-7am. I have a sealed room so i dont know if being in cold weather makes much of a difference. -Keepz

T

the_gooniez

danm this style is killin the farm. thats right:free-character-smil

B

brookstown

So if the temps rise to 85-89 degrees during peak hours its not a hassle.

That's kinda what I thought, seems kinda unsized but if it works that's all that matters. I just set up a room the same size and I had to get a 5ton just to keep it around 75ish

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

CO2 debate

That's kinda what I thought, seems kinda unsized but if it works that's all that matters. I just set up a room the same size and I had to get a 5ton just to keep it around 75ish

I'm pickin up a 10 ton unit when i expand after this grow is over and i know im pushin it with 11k and a 3 ton unit, but i want to get experienced growers' opinions on some info that is out there... This is a post of mine on another thread:

If this is all misinformation, by all means let me know:

http://www.marijuanatipster.com/tiki... Temperature

According 2 Ed Rosenthal's book, "Co2, Temperature And Humidity: How To Use Co2 To Increase Growth In Your Indoor Garden And Greenhouse"
As long as your root zone stays around 62 degrees ur canopy can be "around" 85-95 degrees if enriched with co2:
But what the hell does Ed know. From my observation my garden with 11k gets to about 89 degrees when the mini split gets tired after running constantly right around 6am. I'll definitely drop the temperature the last couple weeks of flower, but havent seen anything 2 make me believe i should drop a couple lights 2 get it at 80 degrees when i figured the extra lights=extra weight if all other factors r kept in check -Keepz :anim_30:

Top Bottom