12,000 watt grow (electric bill?)

• Thread starter diesel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

diesel23

I am planning to do a 12,000 watt grow but I don't know if the amount of power that will be consumed would raise any red flags by PG&E. I'm in the Bay Area and with the way PG&E charges for power will it even be worth the grow? I ran 3 1000 watts and the bill was $300-$400 a month. when I added just another 1000 watts, the bill jumped to $700-$800. Any suggestions out there or should I scrap this big grow?

B

boxmunch9

it will cost you $2,100-2,400 a month. PG&e does not own any flags to put up

is it worth it.........12 lights=15lbs, 15x 3,800= 57,000, 57,000-5,000(pge)= 52,000-6,000(rent)= 46,000. seems worth it

T

TheNman

I am planning to do a 12,000 watt grow but I don't know if the amount of power that will be consumed would raise any red flags by PG&E. I'm in the Bay Area and with the way PG&E charges for power will it even be worth the grow? I ran 3 1000 watts and the bill was $300-$400 a month. when I added just another 1000 watts, the bill jumped to $700-$800. Any suggestions out there or should I scrap this big grow?

OMFSM!!?!

How much are you charged a kwh?
I run about 5kw in total and my bill is about $250can... and that's along with the other usages in my 1800sqft house with 3 people.

K

krunchbubble

Premium Member
Supporter
it wont raise any red flags, they dont care if your paying your bill. ive ran 100,000 watts and they didnt give a fuck...

T

the Rock

just make sure you pay your bill ON TIME ,ive got 3000W now and its a little under $500 a month(pge) but ive also got AC and other crap(washer dryer etc,etc)
when i was doing 6000W i called PGE and told them I was running a welding biz in my garage(i bought a couple welders for show) I was worried that sucking all that power would put up the red flags>> but I have never had problems with PGE=pay ypur bill on time

U

uwg13

it wont raise any red flags, they dont care if your paying your bill. ive ran 100,000 watts and they didnt give a fuck...

i think it really depends where you live. 100,000 watts will make u stand out bigtime lol

R

ReelBusy1

it will cost you $2,100-2,400 a month. PG&e does not own any flags to put up

is it worth it.........12 lights=15lbs, 15x 3,800= 57,000, 57,000-5,000(pge)= 52,000-6,000(rent)= 46,000. seems worth it

minus 6K for nutes
:)

Z

zoeronerer

i always payed my bill late in the bay........u have to make a payment arrangement in person but the people down there dont care at all. u know how many kids with a beard u spot down there on a monday with a 1500 dollar elec bill ? alot...the thing i would say is my roomates all stuck me with the bill and i cant pay it. complain and say yer house has electric heaters..........the other thing is if your in the bay the concentration of growers is huge. in sf u can sniff out or see orange light on almoast every block its silly...you are a needle in a haystack.......they might ask u if you want to swap out your meter cause they think yer numbers are high just say no.........i had a spot near hunters point that i payed 1500 a month in elec for for 5 years no problems........yer bill is already high....i wouldent worry u live a beehive of growers.....elec company could care less.

T

the Rock

i always payed my bill late in the bay........u have to make a payment arrangement in person but the people down there dont care at all. u know how many kids with a beard u spot down there on a monday with a 1500 dollar elec bill ? alot...the thing i would say is my roomates all stuck me with the bill and i cant pay it. complain and say yer house has electric heaters..........the other thing is if your in the bay the concentration of growers is huge. in sf u can sniff out or see orange light on almoast every block its silly...you are a needle in a haystack.......they might ask u if you want to swap out your meter cause they think yer numbers are high just say no.........i had a spot near hunters point that i payed 1500 a month in elec for for 5 years no problems........yer bill is already high....i wouldent worry u live a beehive of growers.....elec company could care less.

thats good to know that i can pay my bill late with no problems,and if i am really late they can come out and shut the power off so I can pay to get it reconnected

H

HighBreed

Hello fellow portlander.
When I had a 12kw room it was only $450 a month
but that was before they double the cost of electric.
They went nuts the past 2-3 years.
14% raise, 2some% raise, and kept going.
Now its about $350 for a 4kw flower room and 2kw veg.
Also Im not on time of use like when I ran 12kw flower.
I highly recommend night growing with your pge set to time of use.
Also we had no AC. Just a nice intake/exhaust set up.

PGE does not care about your electric usage.
Even none med growers arent getting much attention.

OHHHH do I miss my room.
15lbs???? nope, 20lbs.

Z

zoeronerer

hey man it saved my ass several times.....sometimes money isint just sitting there ....the bill is gonna be more money than your rent......that info is useful. i seen a kid in there with a 10000$ bill once he was squirming ......that could be you if you chunk this your room.......its always good to know the ins and outs of their payment system....if you really have it together why dont you just pull out the angle grinder and put the rubber boots and gloves on??????????????????? hmmmmmmmmm not everyone can always pay their bills on time..... and the blond lady with the glasses and long hair in the mission is the nice one for all you sf heads that have to march yer ass in there....

Z

zoeronerer

flirt with her if you have to. she extended my bill for 45 days once it was 1700 dollars ouch........

D

diesel23

Thanks for the info everyone. Here in the Bay Area PG&E charges an arm and a leg when you go over the allotted usage.

H

HighBreed

Oh didnt notice the bay area part.
Thought you were in Oregon.
My bad. Dont know the costs down there.
Sorry for wasting time.

B

boxmunch9

PG&E is setting up lower rates for off peak hours, its not till 2010 thou. if your household isnt making over 30,000 for 1-2 people you can enroll in the CARE program.

C

Cherokee

PG&E is setting up lower rates for off peak hours, its not till 2010 thou. if your household isnt making over 30,000 for 1-2 people you can enroll in the CARE program.

Be nice if this was Nation wide, flat rate here of 16 cents kwh !!

N

Nilzar

Any one have any experience with a high electricity bil with florida power?

B

boxmunch9

flordia seems to be the hottest state in the country as far as indoor growing, and has the harshest laws. I would be outta that state in a flat minute.

OOh man 16cent kwh i would kill my first born for those rates, we pay .40cents in the bay

Top Bottom