12,000 watt grow (electric bill?)

• Thread starter diesel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

krome

Any one have any experience with a high electricity bil with florida power?

i just moved out west after killing it in fl for a long while. i wouldn't personally worry about high power bills out there. pay your bill on time every time and you should not have a worry.

i consistently ran a power bill than was 3x higher than the average for the area with never a problem. i did get something in the mail once saying that my usage was high and they wanted me to sign up for one of those energy saver programs where they would come in and make all of your high usage things more efficient. i respectfully declined and just kept paying my high bills.

even had 2 places at once in the same name with very high usage and never had a problem.

i would personally worry more about smells and neighbors than i would the power company. unless you're jumping your power that is.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Hey Krome buddy how are things:) Killing it is for lack of a better term.. Blowin it up:mad0233: like no other:harvest:

Very well said. Pay the bill on time..No bubbles no troubles:) Its stays automated that way.. When you are late it ends up on somebody's desk so to speak.
:passingjoint:

GTD

G

GunnarGuchi

Be nice if this was Nation wide, flat rate here of 16 cents kwh !!

thats nothing
where im at they charge 40 cents or so a kw hour
im going to start up a 5000 watt max indoor room soon
i would gues it would be around 1000 dollar a month

homebrew420

homebrew420

Find an electrician and have them connect you "line side." That way your average monthly bill is$0.00. Or only use some of that free power not to draw attention. Connecting a sub-panel before the meter is very easy and is only moderately dangerous if a qualified person is working on it.l I have done a few of these in my carreer. and was paid accordingly, ha. could make your juncture a much more profitable one. here in CO it is fairly cheap running a 600w 24hrs for a month our bill went up $25. Good luck in all your endevours

B

boxmunch9

stealing power is a great way to turn a minor charge into a major felony. And the cool thing is when you get caught, they make you pay it all back plus fines and penalties

H

hbstoner

Find an electrician and have them connect you "line side." That way your average monthly bill is$0.00. Or only use some of that free power not to draw attention. Connecting a sub-panel before the meter is very easy and is only moderately dangerous if a qualified person is working on it.l I have done a few of these in my carreer. and was paid accordingly, ha. could make your juncture a much more profitable one. here in CO it is fairly cheap running a 600w 24hrs for a month our bill went up $25. Good luck in all your endevours

ya bad advice unless ur looking to get caught..

D

darookie2000

No, no, no, no, no. This is actually the best possible way to get caught in this area. You want to blend in, not stick out like a sore thumb. You are likely to get the book thrown at you for this because of the danger and bad publicity it has tied to it. If you want to get free power, get a set of solar panels installed and tie them to the grid. I wish I had the space for that but I don't.

BTW, PG&E has a sliding scale, so the more you use over your baseline, the more expensive it becomes. I haven't researched when they determine this baseline, but if you can increase your usage then, your bill might wind up lower in the long run. It's just a theory at this point, like I said, no research applied.

sdgrower

sdgrower

It is not worth stealing power. I was raided earlier this year by the DEA. They brought an SDG&E guy out to see if I was stealing power.
Just pay your bill and you will not have any problems.
Good luck bro

S

Spacecadet01

at 5 cents a kilowatt hr...how much would my elec bill be to run 15k system? I know someone on here had a formula on here..I just couldnt find it...

D

darookie2000

at 5 cents a kilowatt hr...how much would my elec bill be to run 15k system? I know someone on here had a formula on here..I just couldnt find it...

It's like $30/1000W light per month running 18 hours a day at that cost, so you'd be looking at $450 per month during veg and like $20 per light during flower, so $300.

homebrew420

homebrew420

You guys are right about all that. I have no doubt. Not sure how "on top of it" PG&E are out there.. Like I said in my personal experience that has worked great for the few I have helped out. An do you really think that 12,000w is going to be aminor offense? I can't imagine that. But to be fair I don't really know. Though I do agree if you can afford it then play it safer. Peace and good luck in all you folks do.

true grit

true grit

What are the rates like in CO? Considering making a move to a med state that hasn't quite blown up yet like CO....

L

livinglegend

i cant believe some people in cali are saying dont worry about it.
this concerns me greatly.

A

audia4king

is this really true could it be are you people serious im:RastaBong:

D

dodietyme

I have been wondern the same thing about electric cost. I just started with only 1k and my bill has been rising to $500. I am trying to figure out what the heck I am doing wrong. Because I want to add another 2k but at this rate its gonna come to a halt fast.

M

made402

I cant believe some of the killowatt prices you guys are posting. here I enjoy Energy Charge
(a) $0.0617 per kilowatt-hour for first 900 kilowatt-hours (KWH) used per billing period.
(b) $0.0457 per kilowatt-hour for all kilowatt-hours over 900 used per billing period.

I just wonder what I could get away with, My flower room has a 1k and a 400 in my veg. I want to add another 1k to my room just dont have the balls yet.

JH420

JH420

It's like $30/1000W light per month running 18 hours a day at that cost, so you'd be looking at $450 per month during veg and like $20 per light during flower, so $300.

That's just the lights though...on top of things like fans and pumps running alot, you are gonna need a serious AC setup that will use a shitload of hydro. I think I read somewhere that, once you figure out what the lights will cost you in hydro, you can double that figure to include everything else you will need for the room.

S

Spacecadet01

i read somewhere that if you figure 1600w per 1k light that would be adequate to figure for the rest of your gear running. either way you cali peeps are getting killed out there..wow

D

darookie2000

That's just the lights though...on top of things like fans and pumps running alot, you are gonna need a serious AC setup that will use a shitload of hydro. I think I read somewhere that, once you figure out what the lights will cost you in hydro, you can double that figure to include everything else you will need for the room.

That sounds about right, my bills have been insane since I started, and I'm not even using very big lights.

M

minnion

hi, I am looking to start a similar grow in the SF area and was curious of the electric bill as well. would 10000W grow stay under the radar as long as the bill is payed on time? Also, are these new smartmeter electric meters going to be a problem seeing as they can detect when you use the energy? If they see 10000W drained every day for the same period of time each day, will thery get suspicious?:scared0016:

Top Bottom