12,000 watt grow (electric bill?)

• Thread starter diesel23
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

brookstown

OMFSM!!?!

How much are you charged a kwh?
I run about 5kw in total and my bill is about $250can... and that's along with the other usages in my 1800sqft house with 3 people.

What! come on, 250 with 6k watts come on man.

N

noone88

6k watts flowering, sealed room, co2, not very efficient air conditioning. Using approximately 4-5kilowatthours per month. Bill is $1,000 to $1,400. Located in a prop 215 major city.

Only concern is using too much power in terms of kwh. Power company might consider it a safety hazard especially if it's a residential area.

S

Spacecadet01

Yeah that's what I was thinkin...what's the k watt rate where you at Nman?

In Colorado a 10k grow will only run ya about 350-400 a month. If you add in all the other gear running its like 500-550 a month. Think the rate is .05 to .08 cents. I know people on the west coast are getting killed with your rates.

H

hytymez

im paying around 1000.00 a month for 3,600 watts.pg&e really screws you when you go over there baseline.

running a diesel generater might be cheaper.just will cost you alot up front.and more work to keep it running.

M

mrdizzle

What! come on, 250 with 6k watts come on man.

its canada, hydro power, dirt cheap

doubleds 24,000w ,6ton a/c, fuck ton of 1hp chillers, pumps, veg room and all that is like 1800 a month, its like 5times cheaper up there

I

ijuswannagro

dont worry bout pge just pay bill on time and dont get caught stealing they got 2 floors of lawyers in downtown i should know im a lineman for em

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

pge knows exactly why certain houses use extra power, they are more than happy to charge whatever the fuk they want for electricity, especially when you go over the 'baseline' usage. We have no choice when it comes to electrical service providers, pge has california growers by the balls, they do offer discounted rates for people with low income or medical needs, but you have to fill out paper work first. You'll have to verify your income or have a doctor sign off on your medical necessity for higher electrical consumption before getting any discount.

N

nor cali farmer

pg&e does not care as long as you pay the bill. for real

G

growhard

Too right, like any other corporation.... if it don't make money, it don't make sense. So sending the boys in blue out to your house does nothing but kill their best clients.
Stealing electricity is possibly the best thing you can do to attract attention. Here is why... they have a team of people that do nothing but chase down 'leaks'. Besides raising the price, it is the only thing they can do to increase profits. Most of these are their own fault from condensation leaks to many other problems. Apparently every grid has leaks, their job is to find out why and fix it. The leaks are easily read, it's not that easy to tell exactly where it is. The experts can track it down through voltage drops to the point where they can narrow it down to one or two addresses (depending on where you illegally tapped into the line). Once this has been done, the leak has been verified, but not found. Then starts the investigation that others have already covered. So yeah, pay your bill in full on time, every time and keep your mouth shut. My father had to kick a tenant out that invited him in to show him his few plants. The following week, my dad apologized to him before handing him an eviction notice. My dad had no problem with what he was doing, but the mere fact that my dad was aware of it, means if the guy got busted, the government could repo my dad's house. Thank God the laws have changed in CA since then... but it is still valid info for many other states.

fd3swidow

fd3swidow

it will cost you $2,100-2,400 a month. PG&e does not own any flags to put up

is it worth it.........12 lights=15lbs, 15x 3,800= 57,000, 57,000-5,000(pge)= 52,000-6,000(rent)= 46,000. seems worth it

3800 a pound??? wow i need to move where your at here is 6k a pound...

Cannastyle

Cannastyle

Great thread!

It makes me more comfortable running 6k in my basement.

fd3swidow

fd3swidow

i have a real good formula to calculate your bill monthly..its ( hrs x watts / 1000 x $kwh x 30 days) for example I run a single 600 mines is 18 x 600 /1000 x 0.11 x 30= $35.64 a month... comes in handy when your trying to calculate cost.

budfriend

budfriend

ask for the poor discount. i forget what it is called. all you do is ask and they send you a form. fill it out and it shows you what you have to make.

then you get a discount on your electric.

of course i have never done this

Olyver

Olyver

Depending what cycle, 18/6 or 12/12, you could program the 12 lights to not all be on a certain times. The first hour, start with 8 lights, then an hour later, 2 more lights on, then an hour later last 2 lights. Run all 12 for a couple hours, but stagger 1, 2, 3, or 4 lights off intermittently. The on and off and delay cycles are endless. On a 12/12 cycle, first 4 hours only 6 lights, then the next 4 hours, all 12 lights, then last 4 hours only 6 lights on, but rotate staggering the lights. This is great system if your greenhouse has 20 or more lights.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Good tip Olyver>>>you sure do some nice work bro:)
:passingjoint:

gtd

B

_BIG_YIELDS_

check this out around a year 1/2 ago the police went 2 sacramento pg and e or smud and took a average cost of every houses electrity bill in some neiborhoods, they averaged it out, for example say there were 1000 houses the average electrity bill was 300 per month the police than found all the bills that were alot higher than the average 300 and investigated why there bills were so high!!! they ended up raiding some grow houses because there bills were 2 high!!! so im allways still paronoid when im paying a high ass bill

devilrays

devilrays

Can the Sac police get a warrant over an electric bill? I would think more evidence would be needed...

Latest posts

Top Bottom