12/12 grow from seeds: what do you think?

• Thread starter dutchman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

What I have seen now except the pics from Cees is NOT very promising....plants seem to be under constant stress with 12/12 and the people trying this out are all the time wondering waht is going wrong next. Definetley NOT a normal healthy grow. From 150 seeds only maybe 5-10 seem to like this procedure and grow healthy green. The rest looks weak, massive root problems, yellowing, red petiols, that means difficulties in nitrogen uptake etc.

Same in pictures from other forums about 12/12: unhealthy looking plants with a mediocre yield and always very red petiols and kind of yellowing....

No wonder: plants want to grow veg for a while and NOT to flower from the first minute on. They can not develop strong roots. So I can not recommend this.
I recommend gas lantern light schedule for what your talking about everything the same just add one hour of light in middle of lights off and when ready to flower remove hour of interruption

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

54 square 1 gallon pots fit in a 4ft x 4ft space, pull the big leaves, and automate your irrigation and it honestly doesn't get any easier.

Veg your seeds til your second true leafset if you want to be super boss.
you can also throw a coco mat under them at the end of week 3 of flower so your roots can follow the runoff.

seeds in the wild start flowering once the photoperiod is diminishing, so if you have strains that aren't flowering under the 12/12 shave half an hour off each end of the cycle and they'll get the point.

D

dutchman

I recommend gas lantern light schedule for what your talking about everything the same just add one hour of light in middle of lights off and when ready to flower remove hour of interruption
Ah, ok, you mean that with one hour in between, right....But itsn't that even more stress and even one step more away from nature? I don't know, it is really chicken farm....Here the people going back to seeds because it is ilegeal to buy clones in the shops now. Only in Austria it is still allowed. And just to spare some time they don't let the plants grow for a week or so but advocating 12/12 from germination on. Some seed companies advocate this to sell their seeds in bulk....

I do not want to argue but it seems to put the plants under life thtreatening stress. I have seen now very robust strains that are soooo touchy under 12/12. A little bit of wind and they turn yellow, a littel bit too much or not enough of anything and they are going to fuck up.

Each his own but this is not our way.

D

dutchman

Veg your seeds til your second true leafset if you want to be super boss.
you can also throw a coco mat under them at the end of week 3 of flower so your roots can follow the runoff.

seeds in the wild start flowering once the photoperiod is diminishing, so if you have strains that aren't flowering under the 12/12 shave half an hour off each end of the cycle and they'll get the point.

yeah that sounds better and it isn't real 12/12 anymore. letting them gro veg for a while....

D

dutchman

Do you have some pics of your 12/12 grow?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Ah, ok, you mean that with one hour in between, right....But itsn't that even more stress and even one step more away from nature? I don't know, it is really chicken farm....Here the people going back to seeds because it is ilegeal to buy clones in the shops now. Only in Austria it is still allowed. And just to spare some time they don't let the plants grow for a week or so but advocating 12/12 from germination on. Some seed companies advocate this to sell their seeds in bulk....

I do not want to argue but it seems to put the plants under life thtreatening stress. I have seen now very robust strains that are soooo touchy under 12/12. A little bit of wind and they turn yellow, a littel bit too much or not enough of anything and they are going to fuck up.

Each his own but this is not our way.
I don't like arguing and I still work on better ways of exposing alternate perceptions its exercise for the third eye

I n this scenario I will ask what stress is caused by this solid dark period when never in nature this occurs.... So in my efforts to replicate the moon I have evolved to less wattage flo's for the one hour interruption of dark period I have not experimented with any moonlight in flower period but that is next what I have done is weed out or cull light leak hermies or photoperiod hyper sensitive plants

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

My flower schedule has evolved to ten on and 14 off first month and 9 on fourteen off very nice for sativas and well with indicas but less yield overall the sativas make up for that in my scenario but I do have old pics of a twelve / twelve run somewhere ill try to find it but if you want to see my flowers in the application of what I been talking about check out gas lantern technique for vegg and diminishing light flower schedule for flowers peace and chicken grease

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

To me indoor growing is about replicating Mother Earth as best possible providing a desirable ecology for the cannabis I grow to flourish with the least amount of energy including watts and human time consumption the less time I spend with the garden the more time I have with friends and family including the Internet I luv me some Thcfarmer!

D

dutchman

I n this scenario I will ask what stress is caused by this solid dark period when never in nature this occurs.... So in my efforts to replicate the moon I have evolved to less wattage flo's for the one hour interruption of dark period I have not experimented with any moonlight in flower period but that is next what I have done is weed out or cull light leak hermies or photoperiod hyper sensitive plants

The point for us is, that 12/12 starts with a flowering cycle from the first day on. This is highly unnatural and the plants do not seem to like it. Plants want to grow veg for a while and not be forced into flowering even in the seedhusk. You may argue with sativa and their grow cycle but we both know that we do not use REAL sativas but sativa / indica mixes and the whole point is a bit phony. But each his own as I said......

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

The point for us is, that 12/12 starts with a flowering cycle from the first day on. This is highly unnatural and the plants do not seem to like it. Plants want to grow veg for a while and not be forced into flowering even in the seedhusk. You may argue with sativa and their grow cycle but we both know that we do not use REAL sativas but sativa / indica mixes and the whole point is a bit phony. But each his own as I said......

I don't think plants care whether they veg or not - most 12/12 growers I know don't veg I just got the tip to do it from someone who has a system in place for 12/12. He vegges them out for a day or two only when he knows he can add more root space. It's probably the sickest system you could ever run...he gets on average a pound off his 400 watt light every 9 weeks. No veg time. just pop em and go.

B

bckwht

im not 100% positive but when i did my 12/12 from seed grow, i think i even had the option to take a cut or 2 if i wouldve wanted..i forget most details of that grow as it was years ago but ive read about people taking there clones when they shave there girls up a lil in early flower..ive kept clones from plants that were 2 weeks into flower and didnt notice any additional rooting time

i may just toss a couple into my bloom room when i flip to try this again

D

dutchman

I don't think plants care whether they veg or not - most 12/12 growers I know don't veg I just got the tip to do it from someone who has a system in place for 12/12.

They can not develop good roots and become vulnerable.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

My first Question is why or why not just use auto's? To get more female seeds, just buy fems.

This may be great if you don't need to worry about plant count but for those of us who have limited plant numbers me thinks I'll just keep on trucking....

why grow a bunch when you can grow 2 plants that yield 3/4 to 1lb each under a 1000w. ;)

IMGP6742
IMGP6747

Nutts

Nutts

I grew one plant flowered right from seed and it was a waste of time. I think I spent two months or three growing a bong hit.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The interrupted hour is the thirteenth hour so that one hour in the middle of the dark prevents plant from flowering kinda like a full moon in spring hours of sunlight in spring is no more than twelve hours direct sunlight....

Top Bottom