12 or 24 hours of light for Auto?

• Thread starter 1diesel1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff member
Supporter
24 hrs light more beneficial for an auto plant?
image.jpg

Moshmen

Moshmen

Side by side after side by side - tried 24, 20/4, 18/6, 12/12 and they will run and flower on any cycle, I’ve had best results with 18/6 in my tents. What’s with the auto D ? A gift? Just runnin one-because?
With all those good genes you got floatin around , y this one auto ? Lol

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff member
Supporter
A gift, and yes just because.
Am not impressed!
Buddy of mine gave me 3 seeds from Amsterdam. I popped em all gave one to him for his summer OD and one to a fellow farmer to compare notes.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well yeah! They can do alright but nothing compared to what u got goin on ! Lol but I am Interested to see ya finish one and what the results will be? Have fun man happy growin!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I've only done a handful freebie autos and they all had to go into the flower tent on 12/12 or 11/13 whatever the hell it was back then but I think I would do 20 hours of light (20/4) if I had the option

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

Hey diesel. I'm running 24hrs. They do grow faster, but it's not ideal. nutrients would need to be adjusted for that cycle, I have yet to figure it out. I'm getting good bud though, nice terpenes.

fatconeskills

fatconeskills

e
I ran mine at 18/6 full cycle and had real good results from greenhouse seeds auto northern lights.

I have read a few times test autos did best at 20/4.

And i have seen growers on forums do great at 24 hrs but i like to let plants sleep.
exactly, I feel like lots of nice things happen in sleep so it feels unnatural to keep a 24 cycle, but I don't have a timer nor is the darkness I provide pure darkness.

Moshmen

Moshmen

I ran mine at 18/6 full cycle and had real good results from greenhouse seeds auto northern lights.

I have read a few times test autos did best at 20/4.

And i have seen growers on forums do great at 24 hrs but i like to let plants sleep.
Course I’m new but I’ve ran all those cycles and 24 is how I started, but I agree they need a little rest period to recover and promote growth plus with 18/6 I’m able to be lights off at peak electric useage time. Aka most expensive. So after 6 months of trial and error I’ve settled for 18/6

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Course I’m new but I’ve ran all those cycles and 24 is how I started, but I agree they need a little rest period to recover and promote growth plus with 18/6 I’m able to be lights off at peak electric useage time. Aka most expensive. So after 6 months of trial and error I’ve settled for 18/6

Can be hard to keep up with 24 hour cycles. I didnt like it for photo veg plants either.

Top Bottom