120-60-300-120-60-177.2 Nutrient Tutorial, or, My Thread Can Beat Up Your Thread.

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankworth

dankworth

Gonna get myself a houseboat.
With a garage. ;)

Edit- I am digging the 75 ppms magnesium proportionate to the formula in the title.
Up from 60 ppms.
Increase in stink right on cue.
Good times.
No K nitrate lately, would have been such a small amount anyways.
What up, kushtrees.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Dank, occasionally you come up with an idea that bears closer examination. A houseboat might just be the perfect place to build the ultimate sealed room water cooled grow operation, and all you'd need is a waterpump! Put a debris filter at the inlet and pump cool lakewater all through your system to your heart's content- heck, you could even cool the living spaces in the boat with the same system! No AC required...

Only drawback would be to make sure you're drawing water that's cold enough to work. Warm summertime surface water at someplace like lake McConaughy or lake Powell is in the high 70s or even low 80s- perfect for waterskiing, tubing and the like, but it's too warm for chilling growrooms. However, in most lakes there is a thermoclime (a horizontal boundary layer) about 10-15 feet down or so. Below this level is a layer that can be as much as 20 degrees cooler. In many deeper lakes, you can get multiple thermoclines and if you draw from deep enough, say 60 feet or so, you can reach water in the 40s in the middle of the hottest part of summer! Keep in mind that there is no need for a pump powerful enough to pull water straight up 60 feet; it never has to pull from further than the waterline, which is never far in a houseboat.

While the hose is over the side you couldn't drive the boat anywhere but that's okay; just wait until 'lights out', haul up your 'anchor line', and motor around. Lots of people have houseboats, and some of them can be pretty big. A sealed room doesn't need to stink and can be kept quiet, especially when it's in night mode. Most boats always have some kind of pump or motor running, anyway. A big enough boat will have a tender of some kind, like a skiboat or runabout, which is the way lots of people commute to shore anyway. Yeah... this is starting to sound inspired...

Water? No problem. Cooling? Covered. Decent humidity? Check... Most houseboats have generators for power, so no eyebrows get raised when you need more go-sauce. So power is not an issue. For those with some creative juices, you could even build a greenhouse on deck, covered in translucent plastic to hide the nature of the garden from aerial inspection. Leave the sides of the boat intact so no one sees the greenhouse from waterlevel... to keep such tall sides of the boat from interfering with proper lighting, just turn the boat until the sun is shining straight into the greenhouse- a house can't turn to follow the sun across the sky, but a houseboat easily could!

Okay, any volunteers for a lil high seas adventure? Avast, ye lubbers! All hands on deck for the hoistin' o' the colors, maiteys! Cast off the lines, and set sail on the 'emerald isle'!

ttystikk

ttystikk

I think I'm gonna sell my soul to a Mexican Cartel and tell 'em about the idea for a floating ganja factory disguised as a houseboat. That sounds like a good life!

dankworth

dankworth

N 119.4
P 32
K 302.8
Ca 146.3
Mg 75
S 201.2
and some micros

at 2200 ppms
img_1698-jpg.222484

evu80

evu80

unless those pictures are deceiving, those gotta be the leafiest and stalkiest colas i've seen for indoors. Like where's the branch? lol

dankworth

dankworth

unless those pictures are deceiving, those gotta be the leafiest and stalkiest colas i've seen for indoors. Like where's the branch? lol
She is a different one, that is for sure. Longer veg times, but not so bad when I use all my tricks.
Grows pretty fast in a hater bucket.
Lots of leaf! Long trim times.
There are branches in there somewhere.
She throws MAD preflowers under 24 hours.
So she gets stocky like that.
Couple of lower-wattage vert lamps hanging in the canopy are in the plan for the next round after this.
Why grow plant just to shave it when I can leave the lower stuff and light it up.
That is what I was thinking anyways.

Think it is time for some guano in Cap's teas.
Thanks guys for all the guano advice. Hoping for awesome new smells.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

lookin wonky as fuck in here. ....

what strain is that?

evu80

evu80

stick a 2 liter coke bottle next to it to give us a idea of how big it is already.

how long was the veg time and looks like you had to top each branch/cola to maintain that shape

Can you get GDP's to look like that

Btw, hows that calculation coming along for that formula

dankworth

dankworth

Veg time was a couple months. I handwatered these for months while I lost 20 lbs, so hard to tell.
I could get them to the right size in my environment to flower in 6 weeks or less if I could have everything go my way.
Can't get GDP to look like that probably. Maybe a little, but not like that.
She just grows like that.
Check pm about the calc.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Too much K!!!!!!!!

thats why they're all squat and shit

evu80

evu80

Veg time was a couple months. I handwatered these for months while I lost 20 lbs, so hard to tell.
I could get them to the right size in my environment to flower in 6 weeks or less if I could have everything go my way.
Can't get GDP to look like that probably. Maybe a little, but not like that.
She just grows like that.
Check pm about the calc.

thanks Dank, I sent a reply. If you have the time down the road take a look at the bloom formula.

How tall are they now from lid to top of the cola and how tall you expect them to do when theyre finished? I actually like squat/stumpy plants like that. I like doing fewer yet bigger plants and after 3 runs I found no reason to get them any taller than a few feet

dankworth

dankworth

thanks Dank, I sent a reply. If you have the time down the road take a look at the bloom formula.

How tall are they now from lid to top of the cola and how tall you expect them to do when theyre finished? I actually like squat/stumpy plants like that. I like doing fewer yet bigger plants and after 3 runs I found no reason to get them any taller than a few feet
From lid to tip when done will be 3 feet I am guessing, based on past behavior.
Would guess them to be like 2 or 2 1/2 feet tall now, would have to measure.
I dig this size and form, but a whitefire that stretched with fatass colas would fill up a screen faster. Might be fun to try.

Too much K!!!!!!!!

thats why they're all squat and shit
She assumes this form no matter what. I ran the cns-17 veg duplicate with the 4-1-3 values(on a jug) and she stayed stockier than the 3-1-4 copied from Cap/Jack's.
High light values make her stay put like that, as well as any root stress(handwatering until I got well enough to build the irrigation manifold).
When roots hit the water in my hater buckets, and the green light of the digilux MHs causing shade-avoidance behavior, she stretches.

If you look up any decent sized chemo crosses on the internet, they all tend to behave like that.

juggernaut

juggernaut

very impressive.

Does the formula make all the extra leaves or the strain?
Ease of trimming is very important to me

pork

pork

so i've been playing with this formula as well and seeing your variations across a few other threads...which has led me down (as i imagine, a similar query) of where the balance between synthetic [salts] and organic benes lie...it seems that the deciding factor is phosphorus levels that kill of benes more than others..60ppm even seems to be getting close to the axe for them...

have you been able to pinpoint which salts have a factor in killing off the microbes? if it really comes down to the phosphates, it seems like this mix would rock it outdoor too...i'm nervous using salts outside, and trying to find out a way...

hope all is well in chemo nug landia

dankworth

dankworth

very impressive.

Does the formula make all the extra leaves or the strain?
Ease of trimming is very important to me
Strain. Does more of that in response to stress. They went through a lot before flowering.
I fucking hate the trim time on this. Can't wait to run something else w/lower trim time and have a few of these for personal meds.

Thanks for the props. This was conceived and implemented while sick as fuck and on a broke-ass budget. This room will perform much better after a few reinvestment cycles. Lots of optimization remains.

But it is okay, considering.

Top Bottom