120-60-300-120-60-177.2 Nutrient Tutorial, or, My Thread Can Beat Up Your Thread.

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sdgrower

sdgrower

Whcih headband? If you are growing DNA genetics "headband 707" aka sour og or whatever they call it, I have found every pheno I tried to be on the leafy side come end of term.
I am growing a headband cut that a friend gave me about 3 years ago. It is not the 707 cut so I really don't know. I am basing my leafier statements based on 2 + years of runs using jacks, heavy 16 and gh 3 part. I have a pretty good feel for her and she likes jacks.

dankworth

dankworth

Whcih headband? If you are growing DNA genetics "headband 707" aka sour og or whatever they call it, I have found every pheno I tried to be on the leafy side come end of term. TOo much leaf. TOo much work. Id rather run Wifi, and just pick the fruit, dry it, and put it in a jar.

Be careful with Boron, too much and you will have a toxicity that will be very hard to correct. 1 ppm is fine.
I see Fatman running 10 ppms iron, 5 ppms manganese, and 5 ppms boron.
Any thoughts?

dankworth

dankworth

So Borax is 11% Boron.
.01 g/l=1.1 ppms boron.
I think I will supplement my .5 ppms boron with another 1.1 ppms, for a total of 1.6 ppms boron, and watch for effect today.

dankworth

dankworth

Screw that. We will do 3.5 grams borax in my 50 gal res today, giving us just over 2 ppms boron to add to the .5 ppms from my micros, for a grand total of 2.5 ppms or so of boron.
Fortune favors the bold stoners, except when they are retarded and fuck things up.
Which one will it be?

dankworth

dankworth

Alright, Cap, maybe I should take it easy on the boron.
2 grams borax in 50 gals will contribute 1.16ish ppms, + .5 ppms from my micro mix.
Just to be on the safe side.
1.66 ppms total.

Edit- What the fuck. No boron on the mulder's chart.

How did that Queensryche song go? The one about boron toxicity?
I am pretty sure they talk about ppms in that song. I need to check the lyrics.
http://t1.invalid.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTTjAG7Jpgyl1zAP4kB-K1X1bz4slU3o7_B7FxxGpwhstCw9fa

sdgrower

sdgrower

I see Fatman running 10 ppms iron, 5 ppms manganese, and 5 ppms boron.
Any thoughts?
Does Fatman grow cannabis? I heard that he doesn't smoke cannabis. There is a good chance I am wrong because I'm high right now.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Does Fatman grow cannabis? I heard that he doesn't smoke cannabis. There is a good chance I am wrong because I'm high right now.

He only grows wheatgrass and turnips. thats the legend I heard.

drknockbootz

drknockbootz

does anyone know where fatman is? I love reading his past post. He was stupid smart. Also has anyone followed his recipes or anything close to it?

ttystikk

ttystikk

does anyone know where fatman is? I love reading his past post. He was stupid smart. Also has anyone followed his recipes or anything close to it?

Yuk Yuk gee I wanna be stoopid smart someday, mamma! ;) Sorry, couldn't pass it up! Wish I knew more about fatman's work, I've seen a lot of people quote him.

evu80

evu80

Dank

to hit that profile means you gotta up the concentration of nutes, right? so what does your PPM/EC come out to once its all mixed and ready to be fed to your plants?

dankworth

dankworth

Dank

to hit that profile means you gotta up the concentration of nutes, right? so what does your PPM/EC come out to once its all mixed and ready to be fed to your plants?
A little over 1500 I think.
I adjusted slightly. I dropped some MKP to drop the P so that I could feed at 2000 ppms and keep P under 50, then compensated w/more K sulfate to get my K back.

evu80

evu80

at those EC levels, your girls don't show signs of nute burns or other stress related to over feeding?

dankworth

dankworth

at those EC levels, your girls don't show signs of nute burns or other stress related to over feeding?
No. Mine is a freak eater getting very well lit with CO2 and rh around 60% in wk2 flower, so she handles it very well. Lower rh and I would have to lower the food strength to manage the extra transpiration.
I have tried several times to find a way to get away with feeding her less, but she shows deficiencies every time I try.
My moms get 1300 ppms , clones get 750 ppms right off the bat.
Lots of overhead 1ks will increase their food needs considerably.
The chocolope I had(fuck chocolope) wanted around 20% less food or so.

I would not recommend this strength to anybody else. It is what I have to do in my environment to keep her happy.
G13 does the same shit.
They are both freak yielders, but the G definitely takes the cake on yield I think.
Though I see how this one can do 2.5 a light someday, with everything optimized.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Dank, for what its worth, I notice the same thing regarding nute strength vs. RH. The higher the humidity, the higher the EC. I think it has to do with how much water/nutes the plant is transporting up the stem.

dankworth

dankworth

Dank, for what its worth, I notice the same thing regarding nute strength vs. RH. The higher the humidity, the higher the EC. I think it has to do with how much water/nutes the plant is transporting up the stem.
For sure, direct correlation with VPD. I am ghetto water-cooling to supplement the AC to keep humidity up a little more right now.

evu80

evu80

For sure, direct correlation with VPD. I am ghetto water-cooling to supplement the AC to keep humidity up a little more right now.

mind sharing this technique with us? I'm in need of raising my RH cause its drier than a nun's cunt in my veg room and my plants look like shit. Too poor to spend a few hundred on a Humidifier atm

dankworth

dankworth

I am on a well. I pour water from the faucet in a shower into a 5 gal bucket constantly. Then I pump this cold water through 1/2" tubing to a heater core radiator that has been foil-taped and bungie-corded to the back end of an 8" blower from Harbor Freight.
Cools 2 or 3 aircooled 1ks plus ballasts. Put the blower on a timer, otherwise it gets too cold at night.

Top Bottom