120-60-300-120-60-177.2 Nutrient Tutorial, or, My Thread Can Beat Up Your Thread.

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Donkdbz

there is postassium citrate, potassium chloride, potassium carbonate, potassium magnesium sulphate, potassium thiosulphate, potassium phosphite, potassium acetate, potassium hydroxide

J

Jalisco Kid

Mpk I rarely use, the K I use is like most. The only place I differ is I use food/reagent grade salts for my floral sprays. Sulfur is a timing issue, as is K nitrate. JK

J

Jalisco Kid

there is postassium citrate, potassium chloride, potassium carbonate, potassium magnesium sulphate, potassium thiosulphate, potassium phosphite, potassium acetate, potassium hydroxide
You are doing your homework, Look at flower production in Greenhouse's from US studies and especially studies in India. Look up terpenoid studies with aromatics in India. Suerte JK

J

Jalisco Kid

I use it in veg a little then I pound them before week 6 and after week 3 then fade it out week 7 of 10.

D

Donkdbz

Mpk I rarely use, the K I use is like most. The only place I differ is I use food/reagent grade salts for my floral sprays. Sulfur is a timing issue, as is K nitrate. JK

You say you only use salts from Haifa and Valagro. I cannot figure out how you are getting the 280K with the salts haifa offers without having sulfur through the rough. And if you say you don't really use MKP it makes it even harder. I do see DKP in there industrial section.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I use it in veg a little then I pound them before week 6 and after week 3 then fade it out week 7 of 10.
so how high are those peaks, and your typical max EC?

mine already ends up kind of high without spiking, and have often thought about reducing until mid-flower.

J

Jalisco Kid

I really do not like to give out real numbers as people cried that I have killed their plants. My ppms run daily max at around 850-950 ppm veg to 1250 flower with a few peak days somewhere around 1450 ppm. I add and subtract salts sometimes during the same week. Depends on my girls feeding habits at the time. Using different floral sprays on the same clones will help guide you quicker to that sweet spot.
You say you only use salts from Haifa and Valagro. I cannot figure out how you are getting the 280K with the salts haifa offers without having sulfur through the rough. And if you say you don't really use MKP it makes it even harder. I do see DKP in there industrial section.
I can by a lot of products available in mex but not us. I also use products from the US that is sent to me that are not for sale to the public. You can ask someone who say put some amino's in their product for just their pure amino's. same with fulvic,etc. Trade shows are forth going to. JK
Look up lab supplies,atlas in sd is a good source from what I hear. I used to give out my sources but I had my relationship damaged from people who can not even talk about the products they think they want.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

thanks, i meant specifically the peak sulfur ppms relative to those totals.

your numbers don't seem that high to me for a room with plenty of light and proper environment. in fact almost identical to what i ran for straight dtw chow without a hydro-section.

that said, i'm now on a quest to reduce total salts by eliminating excess (sulfur is one of my suspects, so maybe better to spike periodically like you rather than same levels throughout as i had been).

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Anyone using Haifa Polyfeed GG? care to share ratios/dosages that has worked for you?

D

Donkdbz

I really do not like to give out real numbers as people cried that I have killed their plants. My ppms run daily max at around 850-950 ppm veg to 1250 flower with a few peak days somewhere around 1450 ppm. I add and subtract salts sometimes during the same week. Depends on my girls feeding habits at the time. Using different floral sprays on the same clones will help guide you quicker to that sweet spot.

I can by a lot of products available in mex but not us. I also use products from the US that is sent to me that are not for sale to the public. You can ask someone who say put some amino's in their product for just their pure amino's. same with fulvic,etc. Trade shows are forth going to. JK
Look up lab supplies,atlas in sd is a good source from what I hear. I used to give out my sources but I had my relationship damaged from people who can not even talk about the products they think they want.

I have account with Atlas. The places I go in SD typically only carry haifa multi-k gg not much of they other stuff. If I want the other stuff I would have to order a whole pallet.

With 120n 70p 280k 120ca 60mg 99S my ppm came in around 800 then after fulvic and a few other additives 900. Are you 500 or 700 scale? I will probable spike my green cracks to 320k and leave the rest of the numbers alone and see what happens.

pork

pork

was trying to make a 250:1 concentrate today and was running into issues having the K Sulfate mix into solution. was pretty much at it's maximum solubility of 111 g/L, so I'm wondering if that had to do with it. But, I was mixing at well above 20C, where solubility increases. but regardless, i wasn't able to get the K Sulfate into solution. errggg...works fine when i make a 100:1 concentrate...

any tips out there?

D

Donkdbz

I just put mine into the solution and some falls out but I just shake the fuck out my bottle before I pour. Oh and I make a 250:1 too

J

Jalisco Kid

I have account with Atlas. The places I go in SD typically only carry haifa multi-k gg not much of they other stuff. If I want the other stuff I would have to order a whole pallet.

With 120n 70p 280k 120ca 60mg 99S my ppm came in around 800 then after fulvic and a few other additives 900. Are you 500 or 700 scale? I will probable spike my green cracks to 320k and leave the rest of the numbers alone and see what happens.
If you have an account there,you should be in good hands. he runs that place well and besides chemistry he can help you get some nice salts etc. I always use .5 conversation. If you like to drive south there is a shop in Mandadero where you can order haifa and Valagro,and local kelp and pgrs. They also have a shop on the old free rd to rosarito in TJ.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

Don't forget to dilute each salt independently, I have read that it is best to add Calcium Nitrate last. I dilute my salts into 1-5 gallons of water before adding to the reservoir. I have a pump laying on its side in a 5 gallon bucket for mixing. Do not rush anything. I add 20 ppms potassium silicate before any of the other nutrients(1 ml/gal Pro-tekt). I will be replacing that as well.

Remember that one gram of salts per liter is 1000 ppms.

-dankworth

Ive been combing through all your posts bro and id like to give major props for disseminating this gold to all the farm..

Forgive me if this is a novice question, but is it possible to mix up a large quantity of nutrient concentration in the begging of the crop cycle or is it best to mix at the point of feed?

J

Jalisco Kid

Ive been combing through all your posts bro and id like to give major props for disseminating this gold to all the farm..

utrient concentration in the begging of the crop cycle or is it best to mix at the point of feed?

I adjust my food week by week. At the begging of each cycle I measure out salts for each week and bag it. I also have jars of salts right there at the tank so I have enough to tweek it.

On Haifa you can just use their formula as it is a fairly rounded formula. you could then later as you learn about your plants buy some salts and tweek that formula. Polyfeed,aminos,and 26% kelp you would be good to go.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Thanks JK for the recent spewings of concise info explains alot.
MW

Chobble

Chobble

This thread is perfect, in every way shape and form. Good show gentlemen.

This is honestly the best thread I've ever found including set points etc. Thanks for the information and I will definitely contribute as I order more nutes.

Im going to read this whole damn thing ;)

Chobble

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom