120-60-300-120-60-177.2 Nutrient Tutorial, or, My Thread Can Beat Up Your Thread.

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jalisco Kid

Okay well, being only slightly bronchial today, I was able to hash out those figures I was talking about. Here goes:

All measurments in g/L
Early Veg:
  • MKP - .44
  • Cal. Nit.- .52
  • Mg. Sulf. - .51
  • K. Sil. - .1
  • Ammonium Sulfate - .06
  • This gives us: 100-125-125-100-50-66.3 for N-P-K-C-M-S ppms
Veg
  • MKP - .18
  • Cal. Nit. - .79
  • Mg. Sulf. - .77
  • K Sil. - .19
  • K Nit. - .29
  • A Sulf. - .42
  • Giving us: 300-50-200-150-75-100
Late Veg
  • MKP - .21
  • Cal. Nit. - 1.05
  • Mg. Sulf. - 1.02
  • K Sil. - .19
  • K Nit. - .4
  • A Sulf. - .33
  • 325-60-200-200-100-132
Early Flower
  • MKP - .25
  • Cal. Nit. - 1.18
  • Mg. Sulf. - 1.23
  • K Sil. - .29
  • K Nit. - .38
  • A Sulf. - .05
  • 250-70-275-225-120-160
Late Flower
  • MKP - .28
  • Cal. Nit. - .92
  • Mg. Sulf. - 1.02
  • K Sil. - .29
  • K Nit. - .21
  • A Sulf. - .09
  • K Sulf. - .23
  • 200-80-325-175-100-175
As I stated above, I'll be using a plethora of additives, hormones, bennies, etc. to supplement these Macros and Secondary lists. I'll also be using EDTA Cal. and Mag. to supplement those figures as MgSO4 isn't 100% Magnesium, nor is Cal. Nit. 100% Calcium in its listed figure.

Any input would be greatly appreciated on these figures.

Edit: For the Ammonium Sulfate, I calculated only N and at the wrong figures...so I'll have to go back and re-hash that out.
200 ppm of N in late flower, I hope you are smoking that product and its not for the public, If you can I would look up a cached AN site from about 5 years back and look at their formulas and run that through a calculator.I am just a hack grower but I believe your ratios are a little skewed. And with K and ppms you need to use different rezs and try adding good amounts at certain times for killer flowers. JK
Citric acid is too weak to play with unless you hang out with your rez,or are mixing then feeding the whole thing.

Dirty White Boy

Dirty White Boy

I like foggers you just need the right kind, like the ones in my aero units.Who edited what of mine? My shit is for the masses anyone who wants the info all they have too do is ask. Suerte JK
I will give you my clones, my tanks, my nutes and still outgrow.

BIG PIMPIN! I NEVER mind sharing what I know.....but dont expect too get my yeilds.....

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

jfizzle, have you read the "cheap alternatives" thread yet? this one is all over the place, and maybe hard to find that reliable formula everyone keeps talking about (would give you mine, but it's not really 'proven' o_O:eek: ).

also good to realize lots of this work was done years ago on other forums, and the threads on this one are often referential.

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

I like that idea lex. I would for sure be evaluating cost and efficteness in such a manner. However if $50 buys me a years worth of vitamins, I will probably use them in microscopic quantities regardless lol. Just how I am.
And pork, thanks for chiming in! I'll be sure to check that out!

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Hey sorry jk and dank I wrongfully accused u of taking something off here. I mixed up my threads and do all of my stuff on my phone so I get shit messed up quite a bit. But yeah my apologies. And yeah I immediately reevaluated those numbers right away. I still want to use a bit of n thru first few weeks of flower but drop off quickly after that...like 100 ppm and 50 pm the last 2-3 weeks b4 flush. I'm pretty sure I'm pry gonna start w a 2-1-3 in early veg, 3-1-4 veg, 5-1-7 late veg, 3-1-4 early flower, 1-1.5-5 late flower...something like that anyways. I change my mind by the second lol. I just can't wait to start again!

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Btw what is chow mix? And what rate is the chow/coco mix it seems everyone uses?

K

kushtrees

Chow mix = hydroton/ coco. Most people like the 50/50 ratio I much prefer the 80/20 hydroton/ coco ratio. You have to water a lot more but damn do they grow a lot faster than 50/50

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Hey cap. How many Applications do u get out of ur Bennie packages? I like them And will probably be ordering them all next month.

depends on the size of package...

Why don't you get yourself some jr peters and start with just that? then you can start playing with hydrobuddy or cannastats and add raw salts as you go to "tweak" your formula, slowly phasing out the jr peters.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you can't be a great race car driver if you don't know mechanics.

Start simple. learn what does what through OBSERVATION of your own plants Not by reading here and there and compounding your research in to what you think is an optimal formula.

Start growing, then come back and ask questions based on what you see. Lots of people here will help you, but we wanna see pics and shit. Talk is cheap. There are reasons we all have our own formulas.... It takes time to dial in AND formulas are slightly strain specific. First and foremost... environment!!!

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
i use 70/30 on the chow. Most use 60/40.
The k placed at the right time in hi ppms helps out making more and denser flowers. If you experiment with your girls on the timing ,you would advance much faster using more then one rez.. JK

70 coco or 70 hydroton?

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Hey thanks guys. I appreciate the help! Jk u wouldn't happen to have any hints on what to look for that would tell me when its the right time for that k boost would ya?
Cap, I know things will only come full circle when I actually start growing but I'm just trying to learn as much as can before I start to avoid as many growing pains as possible. I learned a ton in my first 2 years growing and I have a huge thirst for knowledge. Ive already learned a ton thru u guys. I have no doubts in my abilities to mix my own nutes from salts. I obsess over my plants so I'll be paying close attention to their every reaction...and trust me I'll b posting pics whether its good or horrible. From my two years experience I've never gotten as much joy in life than when I was in my grow room tending plants.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey thanks guys. I appreciate the help! Jk u wouldn't happen to have any hints on what to look for that would tell me when its the right time for that k boost would ya?
Cap, I know things will only come full circle when I actually start growing but I'm just trying to learn as much as can before I start to avoid as many growing pains as possible. I learned a ton in my first 2 years growing and I have a huge thirst for knowledge. Ive already learned a ton thru u guys. I have no doubts in my abilities to mix my own nutes from salts. I obsess over my plants so I'll be paying close attention to their every reaction...and trust me I'll b posting pics whether its good or horrible. From my two years experience I've never gotten as much joy in life than when I was in my grow room tending plants.

I know that feeling, brother- it's nice to know you're doing what you were meant to, isn't it?

It's officially time to stop wetting your toes and jump in the deep end! The only way to discover the strengths and weaknesses of your approach is to get on with the trial and error. You WILL err; everyone does, it's part of the learning process. I promise, you'll trip up over something silly more than once- and you'll learn more valuable lessons from dealing with those situations directly than you will in a dozen years of dry research.

Clearly, you've an excellent grasp of the theory; now it's time for practice!

jfizzle2cmu

jfizzle2cmu

Just waiting for my vacation check and tax return :) as long as nothing goes bad I plan on putting plants in chow on Feb. 15!

J

Jalisco Kid

I spoke volumes, you just have to figure it out.JK

D

Donkdbz

If you have 2 rez's I would try 2 formulas. Your flower formula could use less P(60 ppm is good for your base) and more K as that is what will be driving your growth for flowering. That could come with your bloom booster formula if you are going to use one. I use something like 120-60-280 -60 in my flower going up to 325 ppm with my K for about 10 days around week 6. I then drop my mag and micros at week 6-7 also. JK

What do you run your sulphur at JK?

J

Jalisco Kid

I would use one rez for what you read about at university sites and the try something new. I found my girls like things that people like jorge and ed just don't talk about. They are little things but they improve bud sites and flavor. I care more to have a spliff that has killer flavor when smoked down to a 1/3 rather then going for the 10 lb plant that some lie about. JK

ttystikk

ttystikk

JK do you use any other sources of K beside mkp, kno3, k2so4 and potassium silicate?

LOL... what else is there... ground up bananas? Seriously, that looks like a pretty complete lineup for covering your bases to me!

Latest posts

Top Bottom