120-60-300-120-60-177.2 Nutrient Tutorial, or, My Thread Can Beat Up Your Thread.

• Thread starter dankworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Does anyone have a link to a place that sells HAFIA MAP online,

thump easy

thump easy

2this is cherry bomb they dont grow this big there round nugits Yo moma son 005 Happy 2 Deathwidow crossingdeath widow is this last one all diffrent i need to know??? the one under the light third one down was buba x buble gum x fire og 3lb the light glass fell on top of the canappy,i got a question for you guys?? the braineyacks, if i had a formula that alway gave me rediculars collas but they discontinued the line how could you dissect it to find the ratio and duplicate it again??? im serious as a dog.. the yeilds have never been the same i tried calling the reps and no they dont know the formula im willing to pay..and yes indoor all of it is indoor.. i tried it all nothing seems to get me back on those numbers?????Please P.M. me

Last edited:
oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
ok trying to make the MOAB, is the map that I'm looking for Mono-ammonium phosphate 12-61-0

Coir

Coir

ok trying to make the MOAB, is the map that I'm looking for Mono-ammonium phosphate 12-61-0
Looking at the MOAB label, 0-52-32, it would appear that there is no MAP in it since MAP contains nitrogen and they list this as "0" N. Straight MKP is 0-52-34 which would be much closer to what they are listing.

J

Jalisco Kid

Its all math,get your old formula from the bottle.Most of the food are listed righttheir with the salts. Assuming your were buying bottled water you need the net weight,not alsways on the bottle. Then you would use the amount of nutes you add to the rez. This will help get your ppms in each salt. This will get you in the ball park. There are some things that do not need to be listed. On some the % are for the minimum. Having turned in samples I have seen where some companies were well over the min.
Once you have the info you could play with the numbers over a few cups of coffee. It takes a little time to really dial it in. If this was a one time shot I would just crunch the numbers rather then learn to use a nute calculator. Plus I understand more when I see the values being put to use. JK
View attachment 362095this is cherry bomb they dont grow this big there round nugits View attachment 362096 View attachment 362097 View attachment 362098death widow is this last one all diffrent i need to know??? the one under the light third one down was buba x buble gum x fire og 3lb the light glass fell on top of the canappy,i got a question for you guys?? the braineyacks, if i had a formula that alway gave me rediculars collas but they discontinued the line how could you dissect it to find the ratio and duplicate it again??? im serious as a dog.. the yeilds have never been the same i tried calling the reps and no they dont know the formula im willing to pay..and yes indoor all of it is indoor.. i tried it all nothing seems to get me back on those numbers?????Please P.M. me

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@oscar169 the moab formula is in my jacks back thread.

Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

damn^^ where has @greenthumbdanny been lately? i still lurk his posts from the past. nice name drop JK:cigar:

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

thank you all for inspiring me! I have my salts on the way, they will be here Tuesday. Still taking notes tho :writing:

U

ugmjfarmer

I noticed that Canna Aqua Flores just about hits these 120-60-300 numbers, but is low on Cal and Mg. FWIW anyways. Probably a dash of Calimagic would fix it but add a tiny bit of N.

U

ugmjfarmer

Actually, this recipe hits these numbers too:

Floranova Grow 5ml/Gal
Floranova Bloom 2ml/Gal
Koolbloom Liquid 2ml/Gal
Calimagic 2ml/Gal
Armor SI 2ml/Gal
Hydro Deuce Deuce 2ml/Gal.

Close, the only things I need to calculate are the Ca, S and MG numbers for this mix. But the NPK is 120-66-300 and the remaining numbers are close to spec.

cephalopod

cephalopod

I know this is an older thread, but it's still a good one too me. I've been debating mixing my own for a while know and think I'm ready to jump in. I was wondering what readability/accuracy/tolerance I needed, .01 .001? I have been eyeing one of these...
41ewRm8uxpL.jpg
51wVZPpArpL._SL1023_.jpg

or are these overkill? Is a resolution of .01 plenty?

Coir

Coir

Seems a bit like overkill to me. I use an old triple beam scale. I have had it for over 30 years and it still works just fine. The smallest increment of any element I weigh would be 1 gram of molybdenum. I never make batches of less than 10lbs total weight so I have no reason to have resolution of less than .1 grams really.

cephalopod

cephalopod

Thanks for the insight Coir. I want to be able to do smaller batches so I'll probably go with one of these. I think they were about $220 and $280, but the way I see its one of the most important parts, next to quality salts. I can justify it to myself by looking at what I'd spend re-uping my nutrient line and then having a lifetime worth of salt on hand is a awesome thought too. I figure all for around $500-600.

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

I made the jump last year and will never buy salt water from the hydro store again! Great growth , no deficiencys and I ran 6+ months off of less than 200$ for 6-8 lights and gave some away and still have various amounts of salts left..

I use a .1 scale and make gallon batches. Smallest measurements are 10-20 grams for me.

GrowingINheaven

GrowingINheaven

keep overhead low.. fill your pockets. i have three scales. i payed less then a bill for all three and they all work great and i pull hella wieght like clock work

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Glad you bumped this (and the other two) threads, @oscar169
how did the diy Moab work out for you?

oscar169

oscar169

Farming 🌱
Supporter
Good, I'm just getting back into the salt mixing game again, took a break for sometime, and know I'm starting back up with the dry salts, Thinking about the Veg+ Bloom route not sure yet

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I can't give a fair assessment of the v+b, I tried the HD on a run in coco but had some issues, probably should have gone with the RO formula because my tap is really soft (0.1ec). They suggested starting with 0.2ec cal-mag then adding the vb to my desired ec but I'm thinking caco3 would have been better.

Working with the tried and true jacks formula at the moment and adding some mkp during flower, with a little bit of k2so4 at the end. It has worked super well for me thus far.

I am considering this @nMEEKS/YS formula:
this with 1c/cubic ft. Gypsum/coir seems to be effective, Meeks briefly mentioned recently that he's been killing it with this formula for years. Here's another shot of his explanation:

Top Bottom