ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Sweet purple wall bro can't waite to c how they turn out

Giddeon

Giddeon

Sweet purple wall bro can't waite to c how they turn out

Haha thanks, Its actually pink foam just haven't got the panda up yet been busy/lazy lol.

If you look at the side by side pic of my phenos the one on the left is definatly G leaning. I got some Jack Herrer x G13 and the smells of that nug with my flowering plants were almost identical.

Im taking smells from my breeding room thats about ready to pull down :)

Giddeon

Giddeon

Nutrients

So I have decided to try and switch up my nutes finally after a few good runs with the sensi pack. This time I will be going completely organic, running advanced nutrients Iguana Grow/Bloom, SensiZym, Organic-B 1, Piranha powder, Voodoo Juice, Roots Ex, Algen, and Liquid budswell for a booster.

I am expecting lower yields since this is my first ever 100% Organic run with hydroponics. I would like to see better flavor and quality of smoke though. If things really go bad I always can throw them back onto my sensi nute pack and hope to finish them out. If not oh well good time learning.

STAY TUNED FOR 13DAWGZ 100% HYDRO-ORGANIC EXPERIMENT

Giddeon

Giddeon

Ok I have done a little research into my bio filter that I will be using of this grow and I went with a 44gal brute garbage can with a 210 gph pump that allows for a 8.5 min retention time. I have had my entire organic nute pack running through the filter for 24 hours now and the water is totally clear, practically no color left from the nutes at all and the plants seem to be loving the mix.

Sorry no pix atm, I have lost the cord that hooks my camera to the computer.

R

RMCG

44g...

:nod

Can't wait for the pix.

Did you do the downpipe inlet and trickle back up through your media?

Did you add a T on the bottom with elbows for a 'vortex' or just a straight pipe?

Giddeon

Giddeon

44g...

:nod

Can't wait for the pix.

Did you do the downpipe inlet and trickle back up through your media?

Did you add a T on the bottom with elbows for a 'vortex' or just a straight pipe?

Yes I have a 1 inch down pipe and a inch and a half drain back to the res. The down pipe is just straight and stops about 3 inches from the bottom of the garbage can.

Giddeon

Giddeon

Only have some pics of my first filter that wasnt used and a couple of the inside of the new one, and then now the whole thing.

102 3571
102 3574
102 3575
102 3577
R

RMCG

Very nice.

In one of those pix, it looks like there is some missing media along the side. Make sure its packed tight as water flow will start to form 'channels' and taking the path of least resistance, which will miss most of your filter media.

Might want to make a few different layers too. Flat disks, tight roll of media, flat disk, loose media, etc, that will help break up any channels too.

Tap your inlet pipe/pvc with a hose barb and add an airline for a air injection venturi for a bit more 'performance'. Really anxious to see how this goes for you. Onward Pioneer.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
In my koi pond building experience, the slower you can run the water through that filter, the better.

If you have a local koi shop, they have a killer bio filter media that looks like cut up little section of straws.

Also, traditional gravel filters pull water down through the gravel very slowly, and then pump up in to the main pond.

http://aquariumprosmn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/filter.jpg

This picture shows using an air pump, but I usually see them with regular water pump.

If you wanted to save some space, you coudl also buy this:

I know it aint DIY, but these are the top of the line koi pond filters.

I am looking in to the same thing after my great experience with the bennies and EWC tea. I am also going to line the bottom of each mini res with a bio filter mat. I hear that when the roots hit this and the colony of bennies, the plant explodes.

R

RMCG

In my koi pond building experience, the slower you can run the water through that filter, the better.

If you have a local koi shop, they have a killer bio filter media that looks like cut up little section of straws.

Also, traditional gravel filters pull water down through the gravel very slowly, and then pump up in to the main pond.

http://aquariumprosmn.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/filter.jpg

This picture shows using an air pump, but I usually see them with regular water pump.

If you wanted to save some space, you coudl also buy this:

I know it aint DIY, but these are the top of the line koi pond filters.

I am looking in to the same thing after my great experience with the bennies and EWC tea. I am also going to line the bottom of each mini res with a bio filter mat. I hear that when the roots hit this and the colony of bennies, the plant explodes.

Undergravel filters (and sandfilters) are good for mechanical filtration, but I don't think they are the best for beneficial colonies. Could be mistaken though.

Alfalfa straw is what you are talking about, good stuff but breaks down pretty fast.

Giddeon

Giddeon

The can is pretty full and there are layers you just cannot see them from the top pic I grabbed a bunch of fish filters and shoved them in the empty spots that the big blues didn't cover.

Below 100% organic nutrient solution

102 3578
R

RMCG

The can is pretty full and there are layers you just cannot see them from the top pic I grabbed a bunch of fish filters and shoved them in the empty spots that the big blues didn't cover.

Below 100% organic nutrient solution

So clean, You could almost drink that water...

:)

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Undergravel filters (and sandfilters) are good for mechanical filtration, but I don't think they are the best for beneficial colonies. Could be mistaken though.

Alfalfa straw is what you are talking about, good stuff but breaks down pretty fast.

Not alfalfa. Made from plastic. I agree with you about the undergravel. My point was just to pull the water through as slow as possible. The key to bio filters is layering. I think G is doing that already.

G,

Are you pullign water from a pump at the bottom (water gettign pulled from top to bottom), or dumping it in at the top and letting it flow down via gravity?

Giddeon

Giddeon

Just doing some filtration before the nutes get to the plants.

102 3582
Top Bottom