14KW flip flop build

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

antimatter

Personally I wouldn't bother running a flip flop on 14kw considering thats only pulling around 58 amps total at 240 volts + ac and misc.. if your house has a 200 amp service your fine.

G

gettogro

Well I got most everything I need to get started. I made a couple of changes. I decided to get 8 of the 8" can fans and filters instead of six 6" ones. I also switched to the 8" cool tubes as well. I mulled over getting a custom flip box made for a while. I decided that for my setup I wanted to just buy 14 1000k balasts and flip them with timers and relays. I looked at the custom flip box work and it is very impressive but I still to keep my options open on veg.

Its almost time to make the big move, Aug 1 getting pretty close.

I got a pretty good deal from HTG on the lights, ballasts and filters exc. I think I saved around $1200 on the deal. Seem like good peeps over there.

It looks like Im opening a hydro store around here
supplies_001.JPG
supplies_002.JPG
supplies_003.JPG

I cant wait to get started:time

Peace
g

B

brookstown

FYI, the Hydro connection in the bay has Quantom ballast with bulb and straight cordset for vertical lighting for $310! They order a couple hundred a month. Can't beat that deal. I got 15 Tues

J

jakew215

if it were i and i were still trying to stay legal i would knock out the wall get 14+ lights on 6 plants and harvest 5 times a year.

and have zero donut issues.

youll cover your power bill. buts its all in what your looking for. if you can grow 99 plants then dont bother with vertical. imo, but i dont think thats legal anywhere.

let us know of your plant limit and im sure these guys could direct you a little bitter.

and 4 tons of AC will not be enough. i would say at LEAST 50k btu or up.

ive heard between 3500-5000k btu per 1k light. now if you run cool tubes on all of them that will be a different story.

mini splits are the way to go though, from what ive been reading they are extremely more efficient but still dont cycle as often. and if you get dual zone + its that much better.

hope my newbie input could help. just from what ive researched lately it seems like your not messin around and your no rookie obviously so maybe i didnt tell you anything you didnt know. lol

good luck on the move. hope your making you way to the best coast called the west coast!

keep us posted.

G

gettogro

Ok Im here, moved in and ready to begin this project on Tuesday. We have to make a trip to the dump on Monday to get rid of all the crap left by the previous tenants. Making a trip to the depot to get all the building supplies and away we go. Since Im from the way south and used to the extreme hot weather. I might be going overkill with the cool tubes and the twin ac's. After looking at the monthly temp averages. I am starting to think I might be using the heat cycle of the splits as much as the ac. I was thinking maybee to have have ducting and a fan to connect the 2 rooms since one will need heat while the other will need ac. Using the heat from the lights to warm the room with lights off and vise versa.

Since i'm using 8 inch ducting and 8 inch can fans drawing extremely cold air from the outside and venting to the attic. May bee the glass on the cool tubes will be cool to the touch. Im not sure I only have experience in hot temps. Does anyone here have experience using cooltube in cold weather? I guess Ill find out soon enough.

col_030.JPG

Here are the avg temps where im at. Cold and low humidity

The fun starts very soon:cool0019:

J

jakew215

you cant be in cali. lol.

how many plants are you planning on running?

G

gettogro

Today was the first real day of building. My electrician friend busted out the service to the garage today. We were able to pull a #2 125A additional service and load center. :sun We parked my trailer in front of the work area all day, in case any nosy neighbors were watching. still trying to stay under the radar. I managed to get all the walls framed up and the seething tacked on. We will tackle standing up the walls in the morning with a fresh back...

For now its time to hit up local happy hour
:party0036::drunk:pizza
00218.JPG

00333.JPG
00127.JPG
00638.JPG
00927.JPG
00430.JPG
00533.JPG
00732.JPG
00834.JPG

Def not in so cal.

Planning on running 16 plants flower 8 in veg harvest every 6 weeks. (I think)

Rushoe

Rushoe

Shit homie very nice and clean set up best of luck with everything....

B

budbrothers

looks good. im curious why you didint just devide the garage and build a small electrical room. it prob would have been cheaper and you would have probably had more room. the only thing i can think of is you needed space for storage and/or extra sound proofing. either way this is a clean pro build.

how many btu are your a/c?

G

gettogro

looks good. im curious why you didint just devide the garage and build a small electrical room. it prob would have been cheaper and you would have probably had more room. the only thing i can think of is you needed space for storage and/or extra sound proofing. either way this is a clean pro build.

how many btu are your a/c?

Thanks bro, I wanted to use the whole grarage like you said, but there is a 3 foot wide shelves and benches around the back and one sides. I promised the landlord I would leave the garage in the condition I found it. Also I can disassemble the whole room in sections and move it to another location if necessary.

2400 btu friedrich mini split

x2 im diggin that. looks like foam insulation with a foil back.

Yep home depot specials

I got one side fired up today, Looking good so far
SANY0002.JPG

SANY0003.JPG

SANY0004.JPG

SANY0005.JPG

SANY0009.JPG

SANY0010.JPG

SANY0006.JPG

SANY0007.JPG

Cheers

M

mrdizzle

ut oh spaghettios that is nasty

is the air being pushed through the filters or is one filter sucking and the other getting pushed through

Top Bottom