14KW flip flop build

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

Hey,

Nice build out.

What type of fastner do you use to be able to remove the insulation sheeting if you need to.

Inuit

SANY0015.JPG

I used drywall screws and fender washers

Very nice, I hope your cool with your landlord for what your doing because that is no ghetto setup for a rental.

Yea I got lucky and found the coolest landlord ever. I was very honest and upfront with everything from the beginning. I promised him I would stay within state law, and not do any damage to the property and I would leave it in as good or better condition than when I moved in. I already had to haul a whole trailer load of crap left behind by previous tenants to the dump, He was happy about that. We agreed that I could build anything in the garage I wanted. I did how ever have to pay 6 months in advance to ease his conscience. Which I was happy to do given the circumstances. The house is awesome, private, and 6 minuets from my favorite Ski Lift:)

Yea, when I first came to CO, fuckers out here were bitching about all the out-of-staters coming here. But the few locals I've met that actually CAN grow good shit, they have no complaints. CO is full of bud these days, but there is still a lack of REAL quality. If the locals could meet the demand for quality, there wouldn't be room for out-of-staters like me to grow the good shit! No one is complaining about Scandinavians coming here and taking all our good neurosurgery jobs...LOL

Plus, I'm from Florida...you can't hate on any FL growers, we are the most persecuted motherfuckers in the country...thats why there are a ton of FL growers in all the medical states...25 plants in FL is felony trafficking and a mandatory minimum of 5 years...or I can have a much higher legal plant count in the west.....hmmmm...what would you do? Not to mention the east coast just sucks in general, the people are dicks, the weather sucks, and there are no real mountains....I ain't ever goin' back!

Funny, Thats exactly what happened to me on the other website when I was researching the move, everyone who lived here was like "dont come here, Locals only". Whatever, I come from swfl as well and to be allowed to grow 30+ plants within state law is a god send....

very clean setup! question, did you get that chiller off ebay? I was looking at a 1/2 hp chiller that looked just like that! im curious as to how it performs. let me know. :big_boss:

Yea same chiller, Ill let you know how it works pretty soon..

The blue in the vents is a ac filter that helps to keep dust fron being sucked into the cool tubes

SANY0016.JPG
SANY0013.JPG
SANY0014.JPG

The ventilation Pulls cold air from the garage, runs through the lights then vents through the attic and the can filters, I know its reverse the recommended air flow for the charcoal filters, but Ive done it this way before and it seems to work fine..

I finally got all the rest of the lights wired up and its now running on all 14 cylinders.

Halfway through taping up the cool tubes I realized I forgot to put the bulbs in :smoke
SANY0014.JPG

SANY0018.JPG
SANY0017.JPG

Next up all the hydro and pluming
:beer:beer

S

sfzoo

hey gettogro, thanks for the detailed pics.

how much of a drop in temps can i expect running cool tubes, as opposed to bare bulbs? i'm topping out at 82f with 3k running, i have 4th i'm trying to fire up but can't due to temps.

thx

B

budbrothers

very nice set up gettogro. thanks for your time. im inspired. sent you a pm

B

budbrothers

curious why do you have the filters in the attic? isnt the air being sucked from the garage to the attic? not from the room?

also how are you going to seal the brutes? uniseals?

A

antimatter

your gonna fill those brutes up I bet no root clogs for the win.

I

Inuit

Hey,

Thanks for the reply about the fender washers.

Are those Brutes 30 or 42g?

Shaping up to be an awesome show, thanks for sharing!

Inuit

G

gettogro

curious why do you have the filters in the attic? isnt the air being sucked from the garage to the attic? not from the room?

also how are you going to seal the brutes? uniseals?

Well technically in theroy I dont need the can filters in the attic at all because it is supposed to be a sealed room. But I know that having negative pressure in all the ductwork in the GR It is going to have some leaks, and any leaks will pick up the smell from the GR and spit it into the attic and then out side "not good". So by creating a constant - pressure threw out the garage and the simi sealed GR, it minimises the chance of any odors from escaping. I learned this growing in close nosy neighbor situations.

thr brute miniseals is a good one. I love to keep a tight shift and efficient workplace, I love to make lists, usually first on the list is to make a list. and today I had what I thought was a pretty tight list. Wouldnt you know it I get home from the hardware store get rolling on the gettoponics. And I dont have any sandpaper to clean up the 4"hole saw cuts. So im stuck, Cant install the uniseals, so I got high............

BTW uniseals are very happy on any surface (doesent have to be a square 13 gallon food storage box)

uniseal.jpg

Hey,

Thanks for the reply about the fender washers.

Are those Brutes 30 or 42g?

Shaping up to be an awesome show, thanks for sharing!

Inuit

They are actually 20 gallon mini brutes Home depot specials. Im giving them a try, I saw someone else use them with success. seemed local and cheap, $20 with lid......

Im still feeling kind of weird, with this seemingly covert mission building a top secret contraption in the garage...

I have to constantly remind myself I am following the state rules.......

Well so far so good...

Thanks for checking out the show. Im sure people here will help me out when I get into a jam later... I havent grown anything in 6 or so years. While the names have changed the game is still the same...

Peace
g:rasta:

Oh hea...

Pato Banton live monyana

B

budbrothers

very nice im impressed. cant wait to see the damage you can do.

does that mean the fans are pulling air from the attic threw the carbon filters and expelling it outside/in the garage?
or is it pushing it into the attic? i could have swarn i read this already. sorry if you answered it already

B

budbrothers

I hope you didnt buy your RO filter already. it will run both rooms and ur veg room. it tends to be cheaper this way too. the only thing i could recommend for anyone who is gonna purchase it make sure you get the float valve that is 3/8 pressure fit. otherwise you will be looking forever for a float that will work.

igrowhydro.com has all the fittings.
i bought a merlin garden pro the big one 750gallons per day.
i got it for 328 shipped to my door. the only thing that is different than the actual garden pro by merlin is the sticker. everything else is the exact same. it went up in price just a few bucks. i love it though. its the shit. i have 3 stories at my house and it works for all 3 i put a splitter on it and ran it through the walls.

here is the link http://www.uswatersystems.com/shop/...Reverse-Osmosis-System-%2d-700%2d800-GPD.html

M

Monkey OG

I like the idea of using brutes I might have to give that one a try, plus lots of root space ftw!

G

gettogro

Yea I already have one, I didnt find out about the merlin til it was too late. If the one I have doesn't cut it , I will defiantly be getting a merlin...
SANY0023.JPG
SANY0024.JPG
SANY0025.JPG
SANY0026.JPG
SANY0001.JPG
SANY00021.JPG

Im running a 1/2 air supply lint inside the 3" Hydro pipe. I think it helps to give a cleaner look. And having the air submersed in nute solution will cool the hot air coming out of the AP-100.

C

cheech

Im running a 1/2 air supply lint inside the 3" Hydro pipe. I think it helps to give a cleaner look. And having the air submersed in nute solution will cool the hot air coming out of the AP-100.

very cool idea

M

mrdizzle

I love it when someone starts a grow thread, and then actually builds that shit out and does it up with the quickness. eye of the tiger brother

R

RMCG

Brilliant Idea with the airlines inside.

6 yrs out of the game? Still innovating...

A

antimatter

looks like you got it set up to run a 1 hp regenerative blower for each room

Edit: Now that I look at it I don't think a regenerative blower would run optimally with the 1/2 all along jk mentioned they work better when you run
1 1/2" pvc then you can step down to 1/2" for each bucket.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Pato Banton live monyana

I do not sniff the coke, I only smoke sinsimella!

Sweet grow so far! I have checked out those roughneck cans at homey d's many times. Love the sano air lines! Go on with your bad self!

Top Bottom