14KW flip flop build

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

I got the gauges and the vacuum pump off ebay for about $150. I got both the minisplits up and working today. They are both 2400 btu, however the Friedrich is 18 seer and way smaller. The other one is an ECO air. It only cost $1000 delivered, about 1/2 the cost of the Friedrich we will see how they match up. I am building a little house for the condensers to live in, because I really dont want anyone to see or hear the compressors. Up here no one has an air-conditioner, let alone 2 for a garage.

I cant believe I actually went into a store and bought 8 pot plants. It is still weird to me. I got 4 Northern lights, 3 G13s, and a Chrystal Chunk for the first room, I also ordered some clones last week that will be ready on monday for the second room.
The plants I got were in dirt in dixie cups, So I put them into cocopots first to keep the dirt from getting into the hydro system. I got the idea from one of MRdizzles threads. I hope it works out ok.
SANY0060.JPG
SANY0058.JPG
SANY0054.JPG
SANY0062.JPG
SANY0055.JPG
SANY0063.JPG
SANY0064.JPG
SANY0065.JPG

F

fido

he could use those if he was using smaller size hole like 1in or 1.5in, but when you get to 3in , the curved surface bends at outside edge of the uniseals and causes a tiny leak

hit home depot for some "amazing goop" plumbing gel its in a purple tube, I had to seal up all my MPBs with it because my second room just wouldnt stop leaking

that goop works great!
my buddy told me about it.
fido

G

gettogro

I installed the carbon scrubbers today. I decided to use 2 8 inch fans and 2 8" 40 lb carbon filters. Used with a speed controler. They pull air from 1 room and exhaust it into the other. So both rooms are constantly exchanging air with the other. This will help keep temps constant in both rooms. As I will be running the lights on a flip flop schedule the heat from the lights on room will help keep the lights off room warm in the winter and help the ac's work less. I can see that the co2 generator will work a little harder. But I think its a good trade off. I am going to try to use 1 generator to run both rooms with the air constantly being exchanged by both rooms Im going to put the gen on 1 side and the control monitor in the other. It might use twice the co2 but the extra cost in propane should be offset by only purchasing 1 gen and 1 monitor.
SANY0081.JPG
SANY0083.JPG
SANY0084.JPG
SANY0086.JPG
SANY0085.JPG

I just got the ro booster pump installed. Its a must have here, I was getting about 30gpd now its more like 100+.
SANY0082.JPG

On the other hand The 8 plants I got didn't do to well. I wound up over watering them pretty bad stressed the shit out of them. So I scrapped them. I got my original clone order picked up today. They are in rockwool, About ready to transfer into the system. I should have both systems up and running tomorow.
SANY0067.JPG
SANY0068.JPG
SANY0069.JPG
SANY0070.JPG

I figure by the time these recover from my mess up the rockwool clones will have caught up. I got 600 hps I can use for a small closet grow for the stressed plants
:beer

B

budbrothers

Once again looks killer. Your probably gonna be wasting alot more co2 than you think. That generator will be running constantly. I think. Could be wrong. The good thing is that you can actually get rid of the ducting for you lights and have bare bulbs cause now the ac from the other room will be helping cool the lights on room.
Cons;
-you can't drop temp at night to help color change if running a purp strain.
-waisting co2
-expelling more heat from generator.

Pros;
-Save 1500 on second co2 monitor and generator
-no need for cool tubes= more lumens and more free space to move around.
- co2 expelled from plans while in dark will be transferred to plans with lights on. And vis-versa.

Let me kno if I forgot anything.

Sorry to hear about your plants too. Smart move on the startover. Healthy all the wAy.

F

FreshSteppin

that and the fact that co2 sinks so your air exchanges would both have to be on the floor.

budfriend

budfriend

Nice grow. You might have lumon shocked those little guys. Might want to harden them up first before you stick them in the big room.

Also on the room build did you drywall the room and then put the silver insulation up or just go straight insulation. Which insulation is that. I really like those rooms.

take care

B

bowlpacks

Nice bruh! Make sure you bug bomb and/or spray for bugs on those cuts. Mites are the main problem out here but since we started getting cuts from... you know... over there ;) PM has shown up from time to time. K+ Subscribed

budfriend

budfriend

sulfer burner = no pm. just cut it out when bud sites start to show.

M

mikediesel

Love to see a Grow started and Being WalkD completeLY THRU.....Nice work !!!!!!!!

liketosmoke

liketosmoke

gettogro You look like you got out of the getto with this setup, I will enjoy sitting in on this grow

G

gettogro

I got started on the veg room the other day, I got it pretty much wrapped up, 16 site UC "style" with 5 gallon square buckets, The uniseals worked great in this application.. I used panda and some tarp zips for the front, it seems to work well so far..
SANY00372.JPG
SANY00361.JPG
SANY00381.JPG
SANY00391.JPG
SANY0040.JPG
SANY0041.JPG
SANY00441.JPG
SANY00451.JPG
SANY00461.JPG
SANY00461.JPG
SANY00471.JPG
SANY00481.JPG
SANY00491.JPG
SANY00501.JPG
SANY00511.JPG
SANY00521.JPG
SANY00531.JPG
SANY00541.JPG
SANY00551.JPG
SANY0056.JPG
SANY0057.JPG
SANY00581.JPG
SANY0059.JPG
SANY00601.JPG

G

gettogro

I also got started on my diy cloner, Its a 10 gallon tote, some 360 sprayers and a cheapo pump.
SANY0061.JPG
SANY00621.JPG
SANY00631.JPG
SANY00641.JPG
SANY00651.JPG

so far so good

G

gettogro

I got some internet cameras in the grow rooms, They remotely pan and tilt. Not great picture but I can check the humidity, temps, and also check for floods, from any computer. It even works from my I phone.

pretty cool
SANY0075.JPG
192_168_1_126-19_50_23.bmp
192_168_1_126-01_53_37.bmp
192_168_1_126-13_32_04.bmp

R

redneck

Nice show ghetto. How much space is there between each bucket center to center?

4.D.

I got some internet cameras in the grow rooms, They remotely pan and tilt. Not great picture but I can check the humidity, temps, and also check for floods, from any computer. It even works from my I phone.

pretty cool

Wow Amazing, I am in the process of building a flip flop with Comercial. He thought about using those brute totes, but I adivised him not to because of leaks issues with uniseals. I have a feeling his mpb room is going to turn into a Brute room, lol. I hope our rooms go as fast as yours. Thanks for sharing. A couple questions if you have time. Where did you get your minisplits from? Where did you purchase your online cameras?

B

bwash77

Great thread. I'm designing a build myself and threads like this are helpful--Thanks!
-Ben

Top Bottom