14KW flip flop build

• Thread starter gettogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

Thanks guys, I got it filled up and of course the uniseals are leaking. They can be a real pain. I found that if I put a few rounds of teflon tape on the uniseal before I install it in the brute it seems to work fine, I got it all drained now and ill tape them up tomorow, hopefully that will do the trick.

I have another idea about the hydro design. During veg and the first week or 2 of flower. I want to use less nutes and less water. I was thinking that if I add another pump to run top feed lines. Then put a 3" ball valve on the 3 inch pipe coming out of the epicenter. When the ball valve is closed the return pump will empty the brutes into the epicenter. And the top feedlines will make the system kind of a large Krusty bucket. I could run it like that durring veg and the first week or so of flower using only about 50 gallons.Then when flowering kicks in open up the 3" ball valve and fill all the brutes with solution and run the system UC style with a 150 gallons of nute solution.

Just an idea, I think ill give it a shot if I can get the damn uniseals to stop leaking...
SANY00211.JPG
SANY00221.JPG
SANY00231.JPG

M

mrdizzle

that sucks they are leaking, I thought they may with the curve of the buckets. If you cant get it to stop I know someone here is using the strong box 27gal totes with the 3in uniseals

B

budbrothers

i know you will figure out how to stop them from leaking.
with those uniseals you may need some lube to help prevent scaring while assembly.

I had to word that carefully cause the word lube is in the sentence. lol i figured someone would have a dirty mind. well i guess it looks like it me with the dirty mind. lol

forknowledge

forknowledge

Looking good, to stop those leaks you can use aquarium grade sealant (silicone) which wont have negative effect on any live matter.

Im interested in your light formation could you tell us which pattern your using please.

A

antimatter

I have read that they do leak unless its a perfect cut and the right plastic, i'll stick with my spiggot bulkheads and flexible hose non uc for any of my fitting needs..

B

budbrothers

hey gettogro; what was the main panel rated at for the service to the house?
mine is 125 and i need 125 alone for my gro.. i was hoping you could help me figure this out.

F

fido

Thanks guys, I got it filled up and of course the uniseals are leaking. They can be a real pain. I found that if I put a few rounds of teflon tape on the uniseal before I install it in the brute it seems to work fine, I got it all drained now and ill tape them up tomorow, hopefully that will do the trick.

I have another idea about the hydro design. During veg and the first week or 2 of flower. I want to use less nutes and less water. I was thinking that if I add another pump to run top feed lines. Then put a 3" ball valve on the 3 inch pipe coming out of the epicenter. When the ball valve is closed the return pump will empty the brutes into the epicenter. And the top feedlines will make the system kind of a large Krusty bucket. I could run it like that durring veg and the first week or so of flower using only about 50 gallons.Then when flowering kicks in open up the 3" ball valve and fill all the brutes with solution and run the system UC style with a 150 gallons of nute solution.

Just an idea, I think ill give it a shot if I can get the damn uniseals to stop leaking...
SANY00211.JPG
SANY00221.JPG
SANY00231.JPG
hit up that thread about the homemade bulkheads and ehole's thread. forget the uniseals!!! try the bulkheads you make yourself!
i'll try to find the links for the threads and post them brah.

its worth a try. the guy who wrote the 'how to'' is using brute cans just like you are and his shit is outside and he has not had a leak in 2 years.
i'll be back with ep's thread link and the guys thread link too.

fido from philly

B

budbrothers

he cant use those cause its not a flat surface.

hey gettogro ask your electrician buddy if he wants to make some money. i need an elect panel. i can give him the specs. he can just pre wire it and ill run the mains. let me know.

M

mrdizzle

he could use those if he was using smaller size hole like 1in or 1.5in, but when you get to 3in , the curved surface bends at outside edge of the uniseals and causes a tiny leak

hit home depot for some "amazing goop" plumbing gel its in a purple tube, I had to seal up all my MPBs with it because my second room just wouldnt stop leaking

thetreegrowerrr

thetreegrowerrr

i cant wait to see this baby in action! Monsters are going to grow out of these brutes!

G

gettogro

he could use those if he was using smaller size hole like 1in or 1.5in, but when you get to 3in , the curved surface bends at outside edge of the uniseals and causes a tiny leak

Exactly the problem, Uniseals and round cans dont mix, I thought it would be ok because in the picture on aquatechs website is shows them being used on a round pail and on round pvc pipe.. I Decided to go with bulk heads on the other room with the 20 gallon brutes. I ordered the parts from the local electrical supply and will have them on tuesday..

he cant use those cause its not a flat surface.

hey gettogro ask your electrician buddy if he wants to make some money. i need an elect panel. i can give him the specs. he can just pre wire it and ill run the mains. let me know.

He went back to school. and isnt doing any electric work right now. These guys can help you, http://nowirenuts.ca/LOADCENTERS 1.htm

I decided to use 18 gallon totes to replace the wasted Brutes. Uniseals seem to work fine on the $5 totes. I got one system up and running tonight. Air pump, chiller and feed pumps are all installed. On the Undercurrent type pump I installed it in its own tote just incase it springs a leak It wont flood the garage, I have had that happen before..

In still waiting on the vacuum pump to finish the air conditioners, But everything is coming together. I think Im still on schedule to have it all up and running by sept 1..

SANY0028.JPG
SANY0029.JPG
SANY0030.JPG
SANY0035.JPG
SANY0036.JPG
SANY0039.JPG
SANY0038.JPG
SANY0033.JPG
SANY0034.JPG
SANY0032.JPG

B

budbrothers

ya i contacted them but they are taking forever to get back to me. can you pm me the details of your electrical system. im pretty much running the same set up as you just a little bigger. i would like to duplicate your electrical system if its what i think it is.

how are those totes holding up? i would have expected them to bow out more. they look strong. thanks gettogro

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Totes look like they're holding pretty good. I have had mixed results with those in the past, when it comes to bowing out badly.

What is that little control box, mounted to the wall, behind your air pump?

Keep up the great work!

-TF

B

budbrothers

Trichromefan it's the temperature control for his chiller.

G

gettogro

thanks for the tips on the bulkheads and the amazing goop. I got the other room built today, Hopefully the bulkheads and the sealer will hold up. Im going to let it dry overnight and put another coat of sealer on it tomorrow. I really hope it dont leak, I dont feel like tearing it all apart. On the other hand the k mart totes are working great. If they start to bow ill just put some pins through the lids and that should hold their shape . I just got the vacuume pump for the minisplits, and of course I need a special adapter for the 410 freon port. So that sets me back a couple days.
SANY0044.JPG
SANY0045.JPG
SANY0046.JPG
SANY0047.JPG
SANY0050.JPG
SANY0049.JPG
SANY0048.JPG
SANY0051.JPG
SANY0052.JPG
SANY0053.JPG

Still chuggin along:beer

J

jakew215

I just got the vacuume pump for the minisplits, and of course I need a special adapter for the 410 freon port. So that sets me back a couple days.

how much did that cost you, if you dont mind me asking? total diy right there. i like. i can pm you if youd like.

Top Bottom