15 gallon buckets w/ cocco

• Thread starter Rick ross
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
O

organicfreak

amazing we cant just get along stop this bickering and get back on topic...
I dont have to be right neither does any1 else... why cant we all come together and see what works best... learn from others mistakes ISN'T THIS WHAT THE FORUMS IS REALLY 4?

It's totaly cool to disagree it's when the name calling/insults start flying there's a problem right?

o

O

organicfreak

Lol saw this pic of a guy digging a whole outside putting I believe a 300 gallon smart pot right in the ground..
Filled it back up with his own mix..

This seems sweet except if your in a remote jungle how do you bring in your own mix???lol..

not to mention I would love to see how long that takes to get a root to prune haha

o

B

brookstown

and IMHO if you cant grow 1.5-2.5 from a tree then you should NOT BE GROWING TREES..

thanks
o

Is there a journal of these monster trees? I hate a MF telling everyone how to improve thier shit and can never show a reasonable example.

Not that your lying, but .....

O

organicfreak

SERIOUSLY IT'S FREE INFO... TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT...
pictures /journal are great.. still easy to exagerate results..

I'm the kind of guy who love's to take ton's of people's opion's and mix them with other opion's and work out my game plan based on what I feel will work ..
do I bump my head sure ..
Don't we all?
But after trying I know if it work's or not..
Point is you won't know unless you try it anyway's anything you read can be a lie friend think about it..

but I can lie and make tons of lies up, but you'll never know unless you try it for yourself..

o

O

organicfreak

There's 2 ways to go about growing inside IMHO

1. MANY PLANTS,quick veg = few ounces per plant..

2. fewer plants, veg longer,= tree = alot of ounces per plant

Why is this so hard to understand/believe?

The thread subject: 15gal/coco

IMHO is a recipE for trees.. NO 1 quick vegs and throw's it into a 15 gal pot THAT WOUD BE FUCKING STUPID & VERY WAISTFULL.

BUT they would put a tree thats going to get tall and bushy LIKE TREE'S DO.
in 15gal pot This is a GREAT place to start..

oh AND smartpots have been used for over 20 years to grow TREE'S

o

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

i have herad alot about the smart pots, their way of pruing roots etc. , but i have said before and will say now.

when using coco as the medium 100% or with some added perlite a smart pot won't beat a regular pot/grow bag for yield. coco as the medium allows for yield
to be better then most soiless mediums like pro mix or soil for that matter.

isn't that the one of the main reasons folks like coco, and speed of course too.

L-Immortal

L-Immortal

Well another fish story here but, from personal experience I could use a 4.3 gallon air pot and keep up with your 15 gallon normal pot any day of the week. You just need to figure out how to anchor your pots and keep monster branches properly tied up so they don’t snap from the weight. I use the .8 gallon pot yes <1 gallon airpots with straight uncut canna coco setup on a dtw and have plants up to 6 ounces. Yeah you need to water 8x a day but growth is unparalleled and that tiny little airpot never ever gets root bound. Not for the 4 months its in the pot. 4-6 weeks veg and 8-10 weeks flower. 7-8 plants per light and 1.75-2.25 lbs per light with mainly kush dominant strains.

So basically I would suggest you run a 4 gallon airpot against your 15 gallon normal and I bet you will go with airpot. It just makes sense…

K

kushhh

shit went dwn to the hydrostore today talked to the owner for a bit and changed my old school growing ways hand watering monster tree's 3 times times a day with that little pot gets tiring i used to run 5 gal plastics gettin 8 oz a plant all strains with a 2 month veg dried came to 6 zips a plant NOW I RUN stand alone DWC buckets till week 3 transplanted coco under 1,000's for 2 weeks in 3 gallon smart parts those fuckng things went from 2 ft to 4-1/2 in a about 12 days now there all so fucking big i gotta drop them in 7's talk about changing the size of my foot print =) so heres my question ARE YOU REALLY GONNA HAND WATER a 15 gallon BUCKET 3 times a day ? if you got a couple it wont be to bad but if you got 10, 20, or anything above that then you seriously gotta go with drip ! 3 hour watering's turn into 10 minutes for a costly pump and some lines but that cost can save hours that can earn you $$$$$$ !!! im not knocking the 15's thats originally what i wanted but..... think about it... I COULD HAVE 50-100 5 gallons/ 3 gallon plants popping 3 ounces - 8 or 3 7 gallon pots dropping 8-16 i went 30 7 gallons.... at the end buying 300$ worth of coco today sucked balls considering i only got 18 c.ft when SOIL COST 10$ for 3 FKN METERS....... 300 > or 60? i spent the 300 but if i dont GET 1# a plant then truthfully this shit wasnt worth it considering with 500$ which was the cost of COCO AND SMART POTS i could've got 50 plants.... and with the cost of the pump and lines paid for all the plastic pots i would've needed.... in terms of investment theres many angles to look at especially including the ammount of light one plants intaking vs. 10 others... commercial growers run hydro usually to cut cost/time and overall expenses of there overhead... if were all running 4 month cycles how are we saving anything ?? the only reason i went 7 gallon smart pots is cause i dont want 100 plants to achieve the same yield... IMHO plants can only absorb so much light and SO MANY OF THEM CAN ONLY ABSORB IT EVENLY RUNNING 15 GALLON POTS IS GONNA TAKE A LOT OF TIME WITH L-S-Ting.... and causes ALOT OF STRESS TO THE BRANCHES THEMSELVES so theres alot to think about when your asking about these huge ass buckets 1: do you have approximately 20$ for ONE PLANT ASSUMING YOULL REACH 1-2 POUNDS PER PLANT WITHOUT THE COST OF NUTRIENTS OR CO2 OR WOULD YOU DIVIDE IT WITH A MORE PROMISING ENDING ? Personally it ended me in a twist...i went for 15's left with 30x7 gallons with 18 cft of coco and 9 cf ft. perlite + a water pump and all linings for this drip system ended up being 610$ when i shouldve bought 50 clones x 5 gallon buckets.... for 140$ more... think about it... running a good soil at 3 cft i couldve got 50 plants setup for about 850 for everything INCLUDING NUTRIENTS .....

A

antimatter

Coco is expensive but not expensive enough for me to want to be watering 3x or 8x a day, once a day is as often as I want it or every other day is nice to. The amount of labor spent during clean up to dispose of the used coco is nothing compared to the piss off of having a timer or a pump fail (you still run your driplines just turn on the pump manually or set it on a timer if you have to go away).

Hopefull Stoner

Hopefull Stoner

kussh,
i had a hard time understsnding your post, even though imho u were making some since lol.

Antimatter,
i love a man that thinks K.I.S.S., cause that means even i can do it. plus you can re-use coco twice at least !

K

kushhh

@ antimatter thats true whats your take on dwc vs coco on drip systems im currently building a rdwc and am gonna split a ten lighter by running 20 5 gallon buckets rdwc and running 2 trays that have 20 a pop under 10 lights im figuring 60 for a 13x10 area n im kinda antsys about the results the reason i ask is cause ive never ran an rdwc just an aero and the quality was bomb but the yield sucked ass =( after reading multiple threads i have all the necessary equipment to build my own system and tommorow will be seting up the drip & dwc systems! thanks ! n happy 4th of july

C

cheech

At 2 per light you need to be in a large pot. Im up to 7gallon pots at 4 per light and im thinking 10g squat pots next time. My girls are sucking up water every other day. No way they could go any longer. I always like it every other day. If it takes longer the pots to big.

if you have to water your plants in 7 gallon pots every other day i have to imagine you are root bound, have a lot of perlite in the mix, or are using coco chips of some sort. i use 40/60 perlite/coco and water every 3-5 days in 7 gallon containers, depending on where they are in the flower schedule.

coco is just another soiless mix just like promix.. people act like it's a whole other arena with completely different rules.

A

antimatter

@ antimatter thats true whats your take on dwc vs coco on drip systems im currently building a rdwc and am gonna split a ten lighter by running 20 5 gallon buckets rdwc and running 2 trays that have 20 a pop under 10 lights im figuring 60 for a 13x10 area n im kinda antsys about the results the reason i ask is cause ive never ran an rdwc just an aero and the quality was bomb but the yield sucked ass =( after reading multiple threads i have all the necessary equipment to build my own system and tommorow will be seting up the drip & dwc systems! thanks ! n happy 4th of july

I don't run rdwc, im fortunate to be able to just toss the used coco in my backyard so its not to much extra work to get rid of medium and no sterilization of the pots necessary. With any sort of bucket system you will want to sterilize everything during your cleanup with 10% bleach this is extra work. In the end this hobby comes down to $$, and you can only fit so much bud per square-foot, stick with drain to waste unless your a gearhead who doesn't care about losing crops to random bullshit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom