15 mpb - 16k

• Thread starter mcattak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

RMCG

Yes exel makes a plug and play a/c..No HVAC guys around..I do have the condenser inside of the building...Probably work great for you...If you do need to remove the heat from the unit it takes around 1000 cfm to remove a ton of heat...

I thought it was 400-450 cfm per ton?

Either way, gotta have airflow to get the heat out.

M

mcattak

I thought it was 400-450 cfm per ton?

Either way, gotta have airflow to get the heat out.

That seems a little low...Were you able to remove that much heat with that cfm...I use 10000 cfm to remove 10 tons of heat...

M

mcattak

Hey mc, as long as your roots and plants are healthy I would think you can cut out the sm-90 now. Lost used sweet without any adverse effects and I'm planning on adding some the last couple weeks of my cycle. I still haven't heard dds chime in on synthetic carbohydrates for the mpb, but after using them for so many harvests in different systems, I can't imagine harvesting without them.

I am obsessive about the roots thinking they can go to shit at any time...12 days from chop 1000 ppm going to do a rez change sat...800 ppm PBP soil and sweet...

chrometrichs

chrometrichs

I share the same paranoia concerning root health, I haven't been using anything like sm-90 but lately I've noticed some browning within the root zone, so I'm going to flush with a lil h2o2 and add sm-90 into my next res change. I will definitely be cutting out the sm-90 the last week of flush though, no way IMO can a root born illness destroy the crop at that point, at least none that I've ever seen. Since your changing your res weekly and keep a clean room, you should fine bro....

R

RMCG

That seems a little low...Were you able to remove that much heat with that cfm...I use 10000 cfm to remove 10 tons of heat...

I guess it depends on ambient air in your space, but ~400cfm/ton is pretty standard HVAC practice.

M

mcattak

I share the same paranoia concerning root health, I haven't been using anything like sm-90 but lately I've noticed some browning within the root zone, so I'm going to flush with a lil h2o2 and add sm-90 into my next res change. I will definitely be cutting out the sm-90 the last week of flush though, no way IMO can a root born illness destroy the crop at that point, at least none that I've ever seen. Since your changing your res weekly and keep a clean room, you should fine bro....

-Cutting out the sm 90 about 14 days..Then using low nutes (PBP Soil and Sweet).I check my mesh screen at the end of the 4" return to look for the slime...
-I do notice a little slime in the mesh screen every rez change ..Like half a teaspoon...Is that normal???...
-Figured if I did get something it would only affect the flush...

Thanks

mc

M

mrdizzle

janus talks about root browning in his thread. Its a natural as the plant starts pumping out the buds. I think the slight browing has more to do with nutes coloring in most cases. I also noticed if you look at the roots in the water, they look darker, but when you pull them out into the light they are much whiter

Excel air sugguest I think 500cfm per ton if I remember correctly from their website but more cant hurt right

M

mcattak

PH dropping like a rock last week of flower...Think I remember hearing about it happening but never experienced it myself...

Is it bad or just what happens as the plant starts to die...

H

happyinmendo

Is the pH drop without nutrients? Its probably simply a lack of a pH buffer.

H

happyinmendo

Do you have any light where your water return is? It is probably algae, or bio slime, hopefully not though.

H

happyinmendo

Is the reference to the 1000 cfm of air withdrawal from the room using air exhaust fans instead of an air conditioning? You are just exchaning air? What do you use for air intake and how large of a hole? What type of filter?

M

mcattak

Do you have any light where your water return is? It is probably algae, or bio slime, hopefully not though.

-I guess I figured with either of those problems the ph would be going the other way (UP)...
-It very well could be algae or bio slime considering I stopped using sm-90 or h202 about a week ago...
-Will add h202 later today...Only about a week away from the cut down so we will see if pathogens will hurt at this point...
-If I do have bad stuff in my system does that effect ph both ways???

Thanks mc

M

mcattak

Is the reference to the 1000 cfm of air withdrawal from the room using air exhaust fans instead of an air conditioning? You are just exchaning air? What do you use for air intake and how large of a hole? What type of filter?

Nope I have the condenser unit inside the big room but outside the flowering room...To get rid of that heat i use about 1000cfm per ton of air conditioning...

HG23

HG23

Hey Mc,

How have things been working out your last week of flowering? Did the h202 make any difference with your ph dropping issue?

M

mcattak

Hey Mc,

How have things been working out your last week of flowering? Did the h202 make any difference with your ph dropping issue?

I have no idea what made the ph act so funny...Picking up a couple of the yellow tops I did notice some algae...Maybe that was it....

mc

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Using tap water may be a tough issue to deal with when it comes to determining what type of problem your plant may have. Tap water can have whatever it wants in it and I always struggled using it. It usually has chlorine in it for the first 24hrs plus I like a baseline of 0 ppm before going to work. For 200 bucks you can get some assurance that you are starting off right and can then diagnose problems from there. Its tough make the RO switch but get one with auto shut off and buy a float. It's nice to walk in to a tub of nothing but freshness waiting to carry your mix down the line.

Top Bottom