15K 16 site 32 gallon Monster !!!!

• Thread starter Bubblehaze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

gettogro

looks great, what strains are u running?
Do you think it will be an issue pumping elevated co2 levels into the root zone with the air pumps in the same room?

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Those trees look lovely Bubblehaze! DIY FTW!
Thanks shady I hope things keep going smooth

Looking very nice in there.. I am looking forward to watching these girls fill out... Well done..

Thanks man my biggest project yet hope they produce

I was trying to find all the kinds in there but some labels got moved so I won't know all of them all until I see some buds
I know we have
Jedi Death Star
Sour Alien Kush
Purple Head Knocker
and hopefully I thought I saw an LSD in there fingers crossed
I really suck at labeling shit properly

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

looks great, what strains are u running?
Do you think it will be an issue pumping elevated co2 levels into the root zone with the air pumps in the same room?

I put them there cause that is where the plug was.
I guess I overlooked that detail.
Do you think its gonna be a problem ?
You get so busy building I guess its easy to miss some things. Good looking out gettogr0.
I have been going by what I saw JackMayOffer write once (if I can breath in there there is enough oxygen for the plants)

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I have ran my air pumps both in and out of the rooms, honestly I have seen no negative results. As a matter of a fact my two biggest runs both had them in the room. I know that didn't have anything to do with it I'm just sayin... I have asked a few different people what they have seen by high co2 levels in the water but I didn't ever get a reply.. I'm still curious what negative affect I would see in my girls.? Would it resemble normal co2 burn? I always say I'm gonna take them out, I just never do.. haha

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

These girls started going crazy they already touching each other and they are drinking 100 gallons every 2.5 days

G

gettogro

Im not sure about the air pump in the room either, I have looked for some answers as well, but couldnt come up with anything definitive. I guess if someone had a lab quality DO meter to do some testing we could find out. I have seen many grows with the air pumps in the high co2 room, doesn't seem to have any adverse effects. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

55" centers can get small really fast. I have overgrown mine twice, it really hurts yield. Plants grow into each other and choke out the lights, so I had to raise them way above optimum height. At 55 centers I liked my plants to finish around 4x4, but that is strain dependent. The key is to get your flip size dialed in for your room and your strains. I'm about to try 72" centers with double stacked lights on my wifi, we'll see how that goes..

I have also heard that "if you can drink it, so can your plants" lol

g

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Im not sure about the air pump in the room either, I have looked for some answers as well, but couldnt come up with anything definitive. I guess if someone had a lab quality DO meter to do some testing we could find out. I have seen many grows with the air pumps in the high co2 room, doesn't seem to have any adverse effects. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

55" centers can get small really fast. I have overgrown mine twice, it really hurts yield. Plants grow into each other and choke out the lights, so I had to raise them way above optimum height. At 55 centers I liked my plants to finish around 4x4, but that is strain dependent. The key is to get your flip size dialed in for your room and your strains. I'm about to try 72" centers with double stacked lights on my wifi, we'll see how that goes..

I have also heard that "if you can drink it, so can your plants" lol

g

I over grew most of them for sure. I keep tying up the branches reaching for the light or blocking it out. Maybe 1/4 of them are ideal size but the purple head knockers and the sour alien kush are already 4+ ft tall so I think I over grew them we are considering throwing up a few horizontals like I say in one of your last grows if the get to tall. If they would have vegged more in vertical light they wouldn't have stretched so much. The next ones are vertical even in veg should get me better results.
Sweet on the double stack I always wanted to see how that would work. I am defiantly making the new uc I am building 60 or 60 inches. 55 would be fine with the right veg but the next plants I have for the new uc I am building are already 3 ft tall.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Man took some pictures with my new camera and they came out shitty. Gonna try again tomorrow. The girls are looking great not stretching as much I thought they would other than 6 plants I think they will be ok on the height. I have been tying branches to the cages to hold up the side branches that keep trying to get to the light. All I have to say is wow and I don't know wtf I was doing wasting my time with horizontals vertical seems to do me allot better.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
nice build. rubbermaid also makes those square cans. look in to US plastics they have them available to ship.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

nice build. rubbermaid also makes those square cans. look in to US plastics they have them available to ship.

Thanks for the heads up.
I saw the rubber maid ones they were grey so I was worried about the light. The Rubbermaid ones were also quite more expensive.I think like $15 more a piece. We are building another 12 site one and we are even using black pipe next time.

dirk d

dirk d

looking sweet bubblehaze! excellent job man that's a whole lot of love there.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Thanks for the heads up.
I saw the rubber maid ones they were grey so I was worried about the light. The Rubbermaid ones were also quite more expensive.I think like $15 more a piece. We are building another 12 site one and we are even using black pipe next time.

I dont think a little bit of light affects the roots as much as we think. In my MPB, there is some light leakage in the buckets and the plants do not mind at all. Roots are nice and healthy.

I would stay away from ABS pipe and just use the PVC. My concern is the black pipe making your chiller work too hard. White pvc and then cover it with some 3M adhesive spray and reflectex. that will keep the pipes dark, and insulated. If I coudl do it again thats what I would do. The light will heat that black pipe up, and the hot pipe will heat the water, become a home for pathogens, etc..

Anyway, you know what you are doing. The DIY UC you put up speaks for itself.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I'm all about wrapping my PVC. I even get the insulated 3/4in pipe covers, stuffs cheap and worth it.. It really did cut down on my chiller usage even compared to just buckets being covered.. I too thought about using ABS until I covered my PVC, cheaper with same benefits, IMHO..

LetsSeeYa

LetsSeeYa

Very nice set up my friend, i see these vertical grows getting bigger and bigger and your so right about the way to grow, if your looking for ''big'', lol. I was diggin your veg time, taking that risk to get them as big as you did, but the over grow you talked about will only add when you hang lights. I understand it wasn't your plan, but bro this lil set-up is going to ROCK. Im new to the vert growing and had the space just a few months ago and now looking to micro grow in an apartment now, lol. But still trying to pull of using my LED's in my tent, just more risky here, i was in the boonies. I guess thats why i was glad you went balls to the wall in veg for big ass plants, i missed my opportunity to try a vert grow so im glad to see you push it hard like this. Its going to kill man i know it is, thanks for the show man, il be watching this one for sure!

Thanks,

LSY

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I dont think a little bit of light affects the roots as much as we think. In my MPB, there is some light leakage in the buckets and the plants do not mind at all. Roots are nice and healthy.

I would stay away from ABS pipe and just use the PVC. My concern is the black pipe making your chiller work too hard. White pvc and then cover it with some 3M adhesive spray and reflectex. that will keep the pipes dark, and insulated. If I coudl do it again thats what I would do. The light will heat that black pipe up, and the hot pipe will heat the water, become a home for pathogens, etc..

Anyway, you know what you are doing. The DIY UC you put up speaks for itself.

I am glad light leaks haven't given you a problem. For me that was my problem cost me 6 of the best vegged plants I ever had. The only thing I worried on the black pipe was it says not for pressuer and I am not sure how much pressure is put on them. My 1 hp chiller is barely working now I don't think black pipe would change much.

I'm all about wrapping my PVC. I even get the insulated 3/4in pipe covers, stuffs cheap and worth it.. It really did cut down on my chiller usage even compared to just buckets being covered.. I too thought about using ABS until I covered my PVC, cheaper with same benefits, IMHO..

I was gonna wrap the pipes but the plants grew so fast they are completely shaded already. Next round gonna silver them up.The black pipe was the same price and the 3 inch t's are cheaper than the white ones over all it would be a little less for the black. If starting fresh.
Very nice set up my friend, i see these vertical grows getting bigger and bigger and your so right about the way to grow, if your looking for ''big'', lol. I was diggin your veg time, taking that risk to get them as big as you did, but the over grow you talked about will only add when you hang lights. I understand it wasn't your plan, but bro this lil set-up is going to ROCK. Im new to the vert growing and had the space just a few months ago and now looking to micro grow in an apartment now, lol. But still trying to pull of using my LED's in my tent, just more risky here, i was in the boonies. I guess thats why i was glad you went balls to the wall in veg for big ass plants, i missed my opportunity to try a vert grow so im glad to see you push it hard like this. Its going to kill man i know it is, thanks for the show man, il be watching this one for sure!

Thanks,

LSY

It was hard decision to go vert I already have over 30 shields so buying cool tubes to replace them was a big decision. Thanks for checking in.

We are making a 6 site 32 gallon with 60 inch centers with 8 k vertical bare bulb right now.
Can anyone give me the rule of thump for running bare bulb light to ac btu ratio numbers for the future? I know the vertical ratio's not the vert.
Its gonna be 8 k with a 30,000 btu and a 24,000 btu I know that will do the 8.
The room is actually being built for 12 so next run there will be 16 k in there bare bulb. Will the 54,000 btu be enough (2 split units).Sealed room of course 16 x 28 9 ft ceiling. If not I guess I could cool tube a portion of them.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I have a 5 ton on 9 1k's and it is just barely keeping up FWIW. I think you are supposed to figure 5k per bulb to be on the safe side.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I have a 5 ton on 9 1k's and it is just barely keeping up FWIW. I think you are supposed to figure 5k per bulb to be on the safe side.

I am gonna need more than or use some cool tubes. We have 16k on 5 tons but with the tubes and once you push them mini splits a little to hard they start giving trouble and cannot keep up.
Would 12 on 5 tons have to have cool tubes ?
Would 7 .5 ton from 3 mini splits 2-2.5 and 1- 2 ton do 16 bare bulbs ?
That would be @ 5625 btu per light

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
3 mini splits sounds good to me. I dont know abotu cool tubes because I haev never used them When I built my room I was told it is better to get more AC and run bare bulbs. You are not running a little closet over there, and I am pretty sure with 16k you can afford the extra AC and electrical bill. Then you dont have to walk around those tubes either. I am sure that can get to be a pain in the ass.

Z

Zensai

In my 6 site UC PRO (35g) setup I have 14k vert/horiz bulbs and 70" Centers is what we had to go with and even then you have to make sure they do not over grow into each other. I would consider doing 65" at a minimum.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

Thanks for stopping on guys.
I was hoping someone could answer a question that has been bugging me.

How high do I allow the plants to grow above the bulb in my vertical light before I move it up ?

Example: If the plants is 5 ft tall with cool tubes vertical . Were in relation to the plant should the bulb be in height?
If the pictures below show enough.
Is that about right on the height?

3 mini splits sounds good to me. I dont know abotu cool tubes because I haev never used them When I built my room I was told it is better to get more AC and run bare bulbs. You are not running a little closet over there, and I am pretty sure with 16k you can afford the extra AC and electrical bill. Then you dont have to walk around those tubes either. I am sure that can get to be a pain in the ass.

The bare bulbs aren't code so if we use them we have to cage them.(being the fire marshal has made his presence known.) I voted on cool tubes again. At least until I can buy a roof top regular ac instead of or on top of the min splits. With the cool tubes and 16 k vented I am running an average of 74 degrees getting to 77-80 depending on the outside temps. So in the winter I can add my extra 5 bulbs to our 16k leaving no space is left unlit.

In my 6 site UC PRO (35g) setup I have 14k vert/horiz bulbs and 70" Centers is what we had to go with and even then you have to make sure they do not over grow into each other. I would consider doing 65" at a minimum.

I agree on the spacing the next one is gonna be 60 inches . I want to do more but if I veg in the vert setup more (instead of the horizontals I used this time) I think that would be plenty room. Although these were vegged for 6 weeks on average I am trying to veg for 4 weeks 2 in a smaller vert room and two in the big room. All my plants didn't over grow some are perfect size. Shit the plants waiting to go in the 6o inch centers will have been vegging for 8 weeks before they flower. Its been a struggle keeping them reasonable size.

I tried taking pictures but it is hard the plants are so big and and it was dark but I have a few and a preview of some of the purple head knockers in there. Anything over the 4 ft cage is either purple head knocker or sour alien og. The shorter ones are Jedi Death Star.

DSCN3549

DSCN3547

DSCN3549

Here are some pics of some soils that are finishing

Purple Head Knocker
DSCN3562

G13 x Hash Plant
DSCN3560

Top Bottom