16k Watts Over 24 Site Ucxxl13

• Thread starter desertsquirrel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Excellent start brah! I bet it feels good to put those girls into the buckets... :cool

turbo14

turbo14

Your all over the place bro,

Lookin good over here at the farm as well:)

turbo

dirk d

dirk d

wow desert squirrel that is a AAA room man. congrats on getting everything going. im sub'd. good luck on the grow.

P

Plinkerton

Hey Squirrel, curious about the fans you have on those hoods.

I'm running 8 Melonheads, and they're pretty sweet. I cooked a Vortex fan real quick, on the exhaust side, because the heat from 8 lights coming thru one exhaust fan was too hot. I had an 8" on the intake too, which of course was fine.

How many lights do you have per fan, etc? Are you running inlines?

Looks great by the way.

O

ogkushee

room is so clean and symmetrical. very professional setup ds

G

growbigtrees

Oh meow! Very sleak, thank you for the eye candy ~ Can't wait for the main show!

B

BavarianFarmer

Awesome man! I've got green crack going also. They are coming out of the cloner on thursday.

darlingmaster

darlingmaster

Would love to hear some details about your geothermal cooling system. :cool0044:

fluffygrrrl

fluffygrrrl

geothermal question

I'm interested in your geothermal system too. I've got 2 companies coming over this week to give me an estimate. I know I need about 15 tons of cooling for my grow room. Do you have any recommendations on what I should ask for?

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
keep em comin

lookin good brother man :passingjoint:

P

phup

Sweet set-up you have there DS. Super clean and pro.
I notice that your plants appeared as if they are heat stressed; I'm referring the ridges on the leaves. However, I am sure that the temps in your room are just fine. Leaf ridges appear to be common among good UC growers, as I've made the same observation on the plants of JMO, TK, etc. What is your theory as to the explanation of this phenomenon? The best I've come up with is the rapid growth in a UC, correlates with a drastically higher metabolic rate of the plant. In order to compensate for the extreme transpiration required for such growth the plant exhibits ridged leaves for the same reasons (increased surface area=increased transpiration) as when it is heat stressed. Does this seem plausible to you or do you have a better explanation?
Keep on killing it.

desertsquirrel

desertsquirrel

I notice that your plants appeared as if they are heat stressed; I'm referring the ridges on the leaves. However, I am sure that the temps in your room are just fine. Leaf ridges appear to be common among good UC growers, as I've made the same observation on the plants of JMO, TK, etc. What is your theory as to the explanation of this phenomenon? The best I've come up with is the rapid growth in a UC, correlates with a drastically higher metabolic rate of the plant. In order to compensate for the extreme transpiration required for such growth the plant exhibits ridged leaves for the same reasons (increased surface area=increased transpiration) as when it is heat stressed. Does this seem plausible to you or do you have a better explanation?
Keep on killing it.

Yes i do agree with you. The temps are fine your correct about that, but evapotranspiration is at an insane rate. We cant get the RH below 80% which, i think, is compounding the problem.

I think this topic is worthy of a thread and it sounds like your the guy to do it pHup.

UCHQ

UCHQ

THCFarmer Sponsor
Supporter
HQ Opinion

Keep on killing it.

Plants transpiring at increased rates seem to adapt by swelling the vascular system within the plant tissue. Inturn, allowing for more efficient transport of water, hormones and minerals through out the entire plant. This is much like the cardio vascular system developed by elite professional and olympic athletes.

This is also evident in the increased stalk girth as exhibited in DS's most recent banner harvest. Bigger roots, larger stalks, enhanced vascular system = why water culture works so well. Excellent root thread BTW!

Top Bottom