1st Dispensary visit - Can we talk PRICE?

• Thread starter Jimson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jimson

This is what is on my mind - "membership" charges and cost per gram.

Hey, I just returned from my first ever visit to a whatever-you-call-a-Washington-dispensary.

I was getting sick at work this morning - told my boss I had to get something for my stomach. I was on my way to Group Health to get some steroids when it occurred to me to make an effort to try one of the local shops.

Went home - got online - started calling places - wound up visiting Herbal Choice Caregivers in the Kent/Southcenter area.

Part of the reason I selected them is that they are the closest place that didn't want to charge me to become a member. They took my Dr's number and my name & DOB and 3 minutes later the receptionist was asking what time I wanted my appointment.

The place is tiny - located in a business office park. (I've been to places in North Seattle & Tacoma where I didn't go in because I didn't want to leave my car unguarded) The upfront lady was friendly, the bud-tender was a cute, round little girl (I'm an OLD guy) - when I asked a question about CBD's she left me alone in the serving room and came back with another young woman only slightly more knowledgeable about my particular needs. DON'T read this wrong - I got a lot of information on my little visit - I just did not get a specific answer to one question. The place wasn't neat but they have a guy doing some construction at the moment.

Again, my 1st visit to a store - but, I was impressed with the number of strains available. They had two varieties of clones on sale for $20 donation. Plus- they had Romulan which is precisely what I needed for my gut. I also picked up a gram of Purple Berry Kush (recommended by the ladies) and a brownie they say I can split into quarters - based on the fact that I don't toke everyday.

So - I left my first "dispensary" pretty satisfied (the Romulan seems to be working) but as a part-time grower, the cost per gram seems high to me.

In another year I will be one of the famous old-timers on a "limited income". Assuming there still won't be a cure for Crohn's or Decriminalization, :sick0004: I'd estimate I am looking at a monthly outlay of over 200-300 dollars. Herbal Choice prices are like 8-15 dollars/gram - the medicated brownie I bought was 10.

Are these typical prices in Washington? (If so, I recommend HC.)

Are most people PAYing to be a "member" of a coop or collective?

Thanks, I'd appreciate your views and any local info.

M

mpjm

Unfortunately all of the suggested donation prices are very standard...I generally rotate 3 collectives that I go to and all (and every other I've been to) is the same donation scale...The 3 places I go do not require a membership fee. If you go to collectives that is the price you're going to donate in this state...

One place I know of: Seattle Cannabis Co-op has good quality meds and I think they go down to $5 a g...They are defintely not the norm though.

W

weedies

Went to my first one the other day around 147th and lake city way and found the prices @ $10g and $15g and $20g with a mix of the bottom of all the bags @ $7g.

to much money if you ask me but if you just want a little nug of somthing deffernt every now and then it's ok.

They pay $3000 a lb for there top shelf stuff so it one hell of a mark up.

I

ibTheMan

i wouldnt bitch cause in michigan Any good weed from a dispensaries cost $25 $30 ah gram! and all there other smoke is $15 to $20 and its shit weed.

J

Jimson

UPDATE - re: the meds

MED: The romulan tastes different than what I am used to but it is potent and just a little quiets your guts.

HEAD: The Purple Kush is a knockout - almost literally. I usually wonder why folks seek the Indica stone but this seems to go right to your head where it then suffuses throughout the rest of the organism bringing a vibrant high that slowly (an hour?) changes to a more physical stone.

One more thing, both taste clean, well-flushed, white-ash. Some local farmers are doing quality work.

I will be splitting the highly touted brownie tomorrow.

bcnu :stonedsmilie:

N

NW Puffins

I went to my first one the other day. It was 10 bucks a gram and it was all Cali Outdoor. kinda wondered if most of them are like that?

M

mpjm

I went to my first one the other day. It was 10 bucks a gram and it was all Cali Outdoor. kinda wondered if most of them are like that?

Definitely not. Depending on where you went. That is not the case at the places I go to...

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

At Tacoma Cross they have decent meds, topping out at $12/g I believe. And check out their oils

I

InvisibleM

"Herbal Choice Caregivers in the Kent/Southcenter area." That's not too far from me.

I wonder if there is a list of all the dispensary's in the area? If you know a few other patients you could probably get some real good deals, and if you know a few growers even better deals and free weed at times....

K

Kipper

You just have to shop around, I've toured about ten or so in North Seattle and West Seattle and found that only a couple places charge a membership fee. Prices usually range from 5-15/gram depending on quality. Just take your time to tour all these places one day and you'll see a lot of differences. I've actually mapped them all out so that I could save time driving around and not double backing anywhere. If you want I can post it or email it to you. I just don't want to start dropping names and have anyone think I'm some advertiser or anything...

E

EACH1TEACH1

from what i have seen in washington the dispensaries have 45 dollar eighths for decent meds less $ for sub par. nothing like if u put a little time in to doing it, or having someone that you trust do it for you. a little love indoors and you will have comparible or better herb than the dispensary + you know its flushed not sprayed and so on.a couple partners of mine are starting a dispensary soon i would like to see you get fair priced high grade affective meds.

M

mistermark

OK, well im brand new to this and i have been to a couple dispensary's and the quality of the cannibus STINKS. I have yet to find any quality nugs. I guess in a pinch, anything works. I like quality smoke and im willing to pay for it. I would think others feel the same way too, but I dont know.

Electro

Electro

Good pot is really hard to grow and even harder to find, even in a medical marijuana state. I'll gladly donate $75 an 1/8th all day long for properly grown, flushed and cured marijuana...

wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

from what i read
average price is about $10 a gram at a dispensary, $283.50 per oz
from what i hear, they pay a grower $5 - $7 a gram if your top notch
$7 a gram is $200 a oz
waaaay back in the 70's, yea, the 1970's, a oz was $300 for good local grown
so, good luck finding a old school grower delivering for $200 per or even less
blame the co-ops and dispensaries for opting in the wallmarts of weed

fwiw

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
from what i read
average price is about $10 a gram at a dispensary, $283.50 per oz
from what i hear, they pay a grower $5 - $7 a gram if your top notch
$7 a gram is $200 a oz
waaaay back in the 70's, yea, the 1970's, a oz was $300 for good local grown
so, good luck finding a old school grower delivering for $200 per or even less
blame the co-ops and dispensaries for opting in the wallmarts of weed

fwiw

You speak the truth!

The dispenaries are going screw cannabis as we know it in this state.,
Grow your own, after dumping 1000's of bucks into seeds and electric costs and security,...right, I want to sell my resin dripping meds to the dispensaries for 200 buck per oz.
They will never...and I MEAN NEVER see quality meds from that price.

I know first hand they are buying outdoor Oregon and Cali weed. And most of it has been keifed before it reaches their hands and again after they get it.
Wonder where all the dispensaries get their hash?
You think they buy it from someone that sits there and just sifts his pot all day just to sell it as hash?
Get real!
They pay low for outdoor, keifed or not, then THEY(dispensaries) keif it again.
So patients when they go there just see bud that looks like bud but has be beaten to death for the crystals.

When the feds close the greedy bastards down,,..and we all know they will, just a matter of time, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know supply that sells for 7 bucks a gram retail CANNOT be grown with a 15 plant limit per person and keep with hard costs such as rent, utilities and supplies.
Yep, they are watching the obvious and when the feds crash their party, the patients will be left with NO meds and NO source since these greedy fuckers put all the old timers out of business by selling all the out of state outdoor crap.

Just a matter of time.....Ive heard of stupid stoners before, but the whole medical cannabis industry in the state is beyond stupid.

~Lem

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Just an FYI, there is a LOT, as in a full metric shit-tonne, of machine-trimmed bud going around. And these buds look not as though they've been merely kiefed, they look as though they've been raped of any crystal formation in total.

Also, I personally have, and I know an awful lot of people who also have full metric shit-tonnes of trim that we run for bubble hash, etc.

I've read frequently that dispensaries all over kief their bud, but if it's already been through a machine it's sort of been "pre-kiefed", or "kief-raped" if you will.

S

steelyeyes

Dispensaries suck. A guy, or gal, spends time to learn to grow fine meds and then takes 12 or 14 weeks of tending plants, paying power bills, and buying nutes and gets about half of what the meds are worth. They then move it out the door in a day or two and get the other half of the value in their sweaty palms.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Dispensaries suck. A guy, or gal, spends time to learn to grow fine meds and then takes 12 or 14 weeks of tending plants, paying power bills, and buying nutes and gets about half of what the meds are worth. They then move it out the door in a day or two and get the other half of the value in their sweaty palms.
And then it all gets confiscated by COPS. Don't worry, the dispensaries will get what's coming to them.

Out of curiosity, have you tried vending to a dispensary in WA? What is the standard donation there these days for a lb?

Have you been to or heard anything about the farmer's markets? Those sound pretty cool.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Last time i checked was $600 qt....

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Last time i checked was $600 qt....

Pfff, if that's the case, no WA dispensary will ever see my strains. Hope the farmer's markets are more fair. What kind of growers are letting their crops go for such measly sums? I feel sorry for WA patients buying from dispensaries. Something tells me they are buying beasters. No self respecting, skilled grower would ever drop a Q for $600. I'll ship it back east before that scenario plays out!

Sorry to kill the messenger, but that's bad news! You're not participating in that butt fuck system are you? Gawd, I want to meet those pathetic growers who are allowing themselves to get raped and shake some sense into them!

Top Bottom