1st Dispensary visit - Can we talk PRICE?

• Thread starter Jimson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

steelyeyes

It will be a long damn time before I can see any sense in trusting the state not to screw us over even if the laws change for the better. They sure don't seem to care about the best interest of the patients or protecting their interests one bit.

Tank333

Tank333

Wow, this thread has gone to a WAY different subject than where it started at! Lol.

Anyways, I've been in the medical community in the Seattle area for about 6-8 months now. I wanted to mention a couple of things here...

First, the cannabis farmer's markets are the absolute best place to get good meds. Straight from the growers to you most of the time. Cannabisfarmersmarkets.com, and nwcannabismarket.com are the websites for the two that I know of.

Second, yes, almost all of the dispensaries around here kief their meds before putting it on the shelf. They also offer crap to patients trying to donate. I bring meds up from southern Oregon that my wife's grandmother grows down there. Premo outdoor meds, never seen better that wasn't indoor. I don't kief it or anything, and these assholes insult me by offering me $1800-2000 a p!! I said screw them, and I use craigslist.com. $175 an o, and I only deal with patients. Its WAY easier than trying to get the dispensaries to give me what its really worth, or even a fraction of it. Man, gramma's got bills to pay, ya know??

Lastly, I want to address the legal discussion. If you know your rights, and assert them to your advantage, a proper medical patient will ALWAYS come out on top when dealing with LEO. I have had multiple encounters with the police since I have received my authorization. Everytime, I've informed them of my rights, had a polite discussion, and left none the worse for wear. Now, granted, if you come off like a dick, the cop's gonna do the same, and he WILL win. But if you don't give them a reason to get an attitude, you should be just fine. The second a cop mentions pot, I inform them of my medical status and that any further inquiries could threaten to violate my HIPPA rights. As soon as I mention that they could have any legal culpability, they back off.

There was something else I wanted to mention, but I totally forgot... lol.

W

willEum

Yeah price here has gotten WAYYYYYY out of hand. When I see meds that I wouldnt event want to smoke, let alone donate for going for 12-15 a gram I am shocked! and usually try to stay away from those places

If you are in north seattle/ shoreline check out a green cure... these people kick ass, all top shelf, all 10 a gram!

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

I been hearing $12-1500 but $800? Damn! :confused0054:All about who you know.:sad0047:
I really need to get out of Portland and go see the rest of OR.:nod

MarijuanaBaybee

MarijuanaBaybee

I been hearing $12-1500 but $800? Damn! :confused0054:All about who you know.:sad0047:
I really need to get out of Portland and go see the rest of OR.:nod

for realzzzz 800$ is buzzurk!must not be timeed/seedy or have pm on it or something for that price lol....but 1000$ flat is the lowest ive seen as far cali sungrown but mex sungrown 100$ is the cheapest p ive ever seen... most the outdoor ive seen heer in so cal goes around 2000$ n down but thats when u got headz comin tru with hokey bags of herbs :sun from the canada pipe line and wash/oreg/cali pipeline comin all the way down to the border of so cal with all that work some primo some not.

hybridvigor

hybridvigor

Wow, this thread has gone to a WAY different subject than where it started at! Lol.

Anyways, I've been in the medical community in the Seattle area for about 6-8 months now. I wanted to mention a couple of things here...

First, the cannabis farmer's markets are the absolute best place to get good meds. Straight from the growers to you most of the time. Cannabisfarmersmarkets.com, and nwcannabismarket.com are the websites for the two that I know of.

Second, yes, almost all of the dispensaries around here kief their meds before putting it on the shelf. They also offer crap to patients trying to donate. I bring meds up from southern Oregon that my wife's grandmother grows down there. Premo outdoor meds, never seen better that wasn't indoor. I don't kief it or anything, and these assholes insult me by offering me $1800-2000 a p!! I said screw them, and I use craigslist.com. $175 an o, and I only deal with patients. Its WAY easier than trying to get the dispensaries to give me what its really worth, or even a fraction of it. Man, gramma's got bills to pay, ya know??

Lastly, I want to address the legal discussion. If you know your rights, and assert them to your advantage, a proper medical patient will ALWAYS come out on top when dealing with LEO. I have had multiple encounters with the police since I have received my authorization. Everytime, I've informed them of my rights, had a polite discussion, and left none the worse for wear. Now, granted, if you come off like a dick, the cop's gonna do the same, and he WILL win. But if you don't give them a reason to get an attitude, you should be just fine. The second a cop mentions pot, I inform them of my medical status and that any further inquiries could threaten to violate my HIPPA rights. As soon as I mention that they could have any legal culpability, they back off.

There was something else I wanted to mention, but I totally forgot... lol.

1800 to 2grand for Outs sounds pretty good to me!

W

willEum

I just read this whole thing, and just had to say that price has gotten crazy up here!!! The consumers are paying 12-20 a gram but most co-ops will only pay 2400-2800 and in turn all the good growers are keeping their meds pretty private, and you see this influx of new growers that are growing decent pot all the way to shit pot, on top of all the shit pot that is already here. and then of course we always see lots and lots of b and c grade oregon, cali, canada outdoor every fall. It is a challenge up here to find really nice looking weed here and when you do it is usually 15-20 bucks a gram, or you smoke it and its unflushed.

N

NW_GDP_REP

EXACTLY!!! These guys think trying to lowball us and have us take your measly 24-28 an elbow, you are NUTS!!! That's why we live in a place KNOWN for having some of the best herb in the country, yet we rarely see it, cause the good growers have their middle finger up to the med community. I do to at that price, I'll keep it or save it for the market, where I am the guy getting what i should for my meds!!!

S

steelyeyes

Right now down here in southern Oregon there is so much medicine that people can't find homes for it all. I have heard of pounds going for 800.00 to 1,200.00. Of course it's always like this right after harvest. But a few years ago pounds were worth 3,200.00 what a drop in price. I understand that dispensaries have to make their money but when you go on the weed maps and look at different dispensaries menus and see 16.00 grams in Washington and then look at menus in California and see them for 20.00-25.00, I start thinking that perhaps I should move out of state and open a dispersary myself. Of course I don't want to leave paradise for someplace like Seattle or LA. So whats a humble grower to do? What is crazy Tank 333, is dispensaries thumbing their noses at awesome, good out door medicine. Some of the finest green bud is grown right down here in my neck of the woods and other states such as Washington should feel blessed to get their hands on some of our wonderful meds. Sometimes those jaded Seattle, indoor closet growers really get on my nerves! Anyway, guess I am just doing a little venting myself. Sorry don't mean to offend anyone.............

Funny thing, they don't pay as much for outdoor stuff because outdoor soil grown meds aren't as high in quality as well grown indoor hydro. We've done both and had some fine looking plants but the difference in trichome levels was noticable.

S

soundman

Now that am back in SoCal I will say this. The med scene is much better IMO in WA than cali. I use to vend to a couple spots in Seattle. I had no problem selling for 3,200 a pound. I just dropped 1/4 or 1/2 pounds. I only picked places that retailed it at 10.00 a gram. To me that is/was fair. My stuff was far from beasters.

I have a hard time with people making a living selling med pot.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I use to vend to a couple spots in Seattle. I had no problem selling for 3,200 a pound. I just dropped 1/4 or 1/2 pounds.
How long ago was this? Since you just posted in a cali thread you had been a member of a club there for over a year, I'm assuming it was a while ago. Donation rates are 18-25 on average here now. Still going out the front door for $10-15/gram. Good thing the patients are getting just as sick of the dispensaries as the growers though and seeking out grower direct relationships. Dispensaries are shooting themselves in the foot here.

S

soundman

How long ago was this? Since you just posted in a cali thread you had been a member of a club there for over a year, I'm assuming it was a while ago. Donation rates are 18-25 on average here now. Still going out the front door for $10-15/gram. Good thing the patients are getting just as sick of the dispensaries as the growers though and seeking out grower direct relationships. Dispensaries are shooting themselves in the foot here.

This was the end of Oct 2008 to the fall of 2010. So somewhere around a year or so. It was to Seacow and Mahalo Greens. Seacow was the best but started changing when the original guy moved onto putting time in with the Cannabis Defense Coalition. I kept getting 3,200 because my stuff was requested by customers and they would wait for it if it was not in yet.

vRikuu

vRikuu

I got a nice gram of OG Sweet at Collective Awakenings. But they are insane for asking for $250 an OZ. I can get cheaper on the street.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

I got a nice gram of OG Sweet at Collective Awakenings. But they are insane for asking for $250 an OZ. I can get cheaper on the street.
I think you are insane for thinking $250 an oz for quality Cannabis is too much. I agree, you should just keep buying it on the street. Not like you can tell the difference, right? Go down to pioneer square and get some of that KGB bro.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

P.S. I take all the negative criticism I've been saying about "dispensaries" on these forums the last year back. I've learned that there are still some good ones, that work on low overhead and reasonable profit margins who treat growers right and patients fairly. I became pretty cynical living/growing in Colorado the last few years. Totally different scene there.

And to all the other growers I talked to who got it in my head that 18-25 was all I could expect come harvest, you need to step up your game sons. That's just sad. First place I went I got my full asking price and a verbal agreement to take my entire crop every harvest.

Anyway, my bad dispensaries. Live and learn. Peace.

Budzillah

Budzillah

Keep your meds in your own state! WA has some of the best maryj in the world! Always have always will. We dont need outsiders schwag shit jamming things up here. Go send it to the inbreds that live in Montana.

N

Nadroj

Keep your meds in your own state! WA has some of the best maryj in the world! Always have always will. We dont need outsiders schwag shit jamming things up here. Go send it to the inbreds that live in Montana.

Show some fucking respect. I was born in Washington and absolutely love it there, visit practically every year... i have lived in Montana for 16 years and have experienced buds from all over the Northwest. Montana grows just as good of herb as Colorado, California, Oregon and Washington... you said you lived in Billings during the mmj boom? You apparently had no idea where most of it was grown. You should have checked out Bozeman, Missoula, Kalispell... shit even Butte has good herb! I have seen Oregon and Washington buds here in Montana... sometimes it makes me laugh that people are willing to risk their freedom just to bring some outdoor mids back here... it's just not worth it to me!

Here's some Imported Oregon Outdoor Black Widow and OG... very stony buds
DSC00899

DSC00908

Id much rather smoke Montana indoor like this God Bud and Strawberry Kush
DSC02654

DSC02671

Top Bottom