1st Grow, Basic Questions

• Thread starter WickedTomboi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

Oh yeah Dunge theyr almost impossible to eradicate completely in a perpetual grow without stopping.and we all know how long it takes to get a perpetual harvest going properly from scratch so its more or less an unacceptable situation to stop.
aslong as you can keep killing the grubs in the soil in some way then it should be fine as the adults dont do damage,they just get stuck in your buds and stuff.infact they get every were.i drink alot of fruit juice and if i leave glass down for two mins BAM fungus gnat in my juice.fuckin pisses me off no end.does the gnatrol work well Dunge?i used to use gnatoff but they built up a tolerance to it in no time atall.

J

Jersey Fresh

Anyway lets get this thread back on track.
i dont know if anyone answered the molasses question but i,ll tell you my experience with it sofar.first off i grow in organic soil useing bottled organic nutes.i started useing mollasses 3 grows ago.i had been wanting to try useing some bennies in my root zone so i bought Great White myco & i read that molasses is good for feeding the bennies which inturn feed your plants.so in essence your feeding the soil not the plant kind of thing.wether the plants were getting any goodness directly from the mollases im not 100% but i would say some mollases was used by the plant aswell as the bennies.eitherway the results spoke for themselves.about 30 hours after transplanting the first plants into new soil with a little bit of myco sprinkled into the hole your root ball goes into(the myco works best when it has direct contact with the roots)and watering them with 1 tbs per gallon of molasses in water t,here was fresh white REALLY FUZZY roots popping out the bottom AND the top of the soil.i kept adding mollases at that ratio (1tbs per gallon)to every feed and i was really impressed.my buds got chunkier and everything.i done a side by side were i gave one cut the works myco,mollasses nutes and the other just bloom.the results wer amazing.the one with just bloom had half the amount of bud as the one that had everything.i think i got a pic of the results.yes i hav.the one on the right is the one that just got bloom.
hope this helps.View attachment 477474
The molasses has calcium, magnesium and potassium and sugars in it. I think it feeds both plant and micro beasties.
I just grew a white widow using fox farm products, molasses and super thrive. I can't wait for it to finish curing. I do have a question about it: for the last two weeks of flowering it should be kept in a totally darkened area, but what are it's water requirements during this period? I barely watered mine.

H

happy b

The molasses has calcium, magnesium and potassium and sugars in it. I think it feeds both plant and micro beasties.
I just grew a white widow using fox farm. I can't wait for it to finish curing. I do have a question about it: for the last two weeks of flowering it should be kept in a totally darkened area, but what are it's water requirements?.

Are you asking if the plant should b kept in the dark for the last two weeks?do you mean the last two days of flower?

Dunge

Dunge

Dark in flower?
Where did this come from?
I have read of people going dark for a day or two, but I always suspected it was to accommodate some other jam up in the processing, and done only because the grower was forced into it.
Say you didn't want to go too long in flower but your cure room was full.
A third party might see this, and think it's a thing to do.

If it is a thing, I'd need proof.

J

Jersey Fresh

Dark in flower?
Where did this come from?
I have read of people going dark for a day or two, but I always suspected it was to accommodate some other jam up in the processing, and done only because the grower was forced into it.
Say you didn't want to go too long in flower but your cure room was full.
A third party might see this, and think it's a thing to do.

If it is a thing, I'd need proof.
I definitely read it somewhere but I don't think it's a thing. I got fooled once! Anyhow, the end result was fairly good in spite of my blunder, but I'll do better next time. I just planted a couple of Blue Dream seeds. I want to keep them as mothers and practice cloning.

Azhden

Azhden

De Sjamaan (White Widow Web seed company) had a book out years ago that basically said to leave plants in the dark 24 - 48 hours before you harvest them (but after they "are done", strain goes 10 weeks, at 70 days it's in the dark, 72 you chop and hang), something about "UV/light rays breaking down resin glands on the plant", and "if the plant is in the dark it has 24 - 48 hours to grow a maximum amount of resin"...

I used to do it when I had an extra room to put the ladies into, now I just make sure to chop them after their night time sleep and before the lights get turned on... does it work or matter ?? who knows, but old myths/habits are hard to break for some of us I guess :)

Toaster79

Toaster79

As I was saying, why should anyone spend their time helping you if you won't even bother hitting the search button? Are you special?

Suggesting to buy a book and pointing out the search button is only a legitimate and helpful response, it's also in the forum rules have you read them? There's a pinned thread about it above, have a look.
And just because she is a girl, it doesn't mean you have to become her online bitch, it's not like you're getting blowjobs over this. Also, talking shit and then bitching to mods to remove my replies only puts you to shame.

I can understand Americans being prone to femdom, since in native tribes women were in charge and they were calling the shots, but not anyone from Scotland, you disappoint me.

You just don't get it do you? You keep shitting all over this thread and people around here, not only your posts are gonna get deleted .... You're walking on thin ice here. Your kind of attitude won't be tolerated and there's actually no need to.

C

c2603976

You just don't get it do you? You keep shitting all over this thread and people around here, not only your posts are gonna get deleted .... You're walking on thin ice here. Your kind of attitude won't be tolerated and there's actually no need to.
I really don't, how am "shitting all over this thread" and what kind of attitude?
P.S. when is Slovenia planning to join the Euro Union, are you not done being poor?

Bones69

Bones69

De Sjamaan (White Widow Web seed company) had a book out years ago that basically said to leave plants in the dark 24 - 48 hours before you harvest them (but after they "are done", strain goes 10 weeks, at 70 days it's in the dark, 72 you chop and hang), something about "UV/light rays breaking down resin glands on the plant", and "if the plant is in the dark it has 24 - 48 hours to grow a maximum amount of resin"...

I used to do it when I had an extra room to put the ladies into, now I just make sure to chop them after their night time sleep and before the lights get turned on... does it work or matter ?? who knows, but old myths/habits are hard to break for some of us I guess :)
I have tried this method first I left them in the dark for 24 hrs, then next grow 48 hrs and this is the difference I saw, NOT A THING!!! What I do to increase resin production is from week 5 of 12/12 I start to drastically drop the RH and using this method, I def seen a difference!

Latest posts

Top Bottom