1st Grow ever. Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeks and White Widow from 13th Axis

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I leave for a big part of the day come back and look what all you have going on! 🙂 Advice from some of the very best! Rock on Lil Grower you got this! I just know soon we are gonna have a smoke night, you me an Zombierider, have to throw Aquaman in the mix too. Just a PS for you, I control the gnats via my watering practices.
Right? Zombie tagged Aqua and I won the lotto of herb knowledge 😁 Earlier this morning I was kickin rocks over my current grow and now I'm like sheeet with yall by my side it really isn't possible not to succeed. I'm frikkin fired up ready to say later forever to playing chemist twice a day with these liquid nutes. Finishing the 2nd half of flower with MasterBlend should give me a jump start on using dry nutes and then I'm going to try "The Recipe" with my next grow. I'm leaning towards a drip system like the one from CocoforCananbis DIY.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I have been doing this for over 30 years, and I never fail to learn something every single grow. I have a mystery this grow. That Future One cultivar is a nine to eleven week cultivar, I’m at week six and it’s ripening fast! At first I ignored the bigger than usual nitro burn off as it’s super healthy, but today I had to go poking about. All the pistils are at ninety five percent color, so that led me to look at the trichs, they are sitting at thirty percent milky! A lot of people would be happy about the accelerated ripening, not me! I wanna know why!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have been doing this for over 30 years, and I never fail to learn something every single grow. I have a mystery this grow. That Future One cultivar is a nine to eleven week cultivar, I’m at week six and it’s ripening fast! At first I ignored the bigger than usual nitro burn off as it’s super healthy, but today I had to go poking about. All the pistils are at ninety five percent color, so that led me to look at the trichs, they are sitting at thirty percent milky! A lot of people would be happy about the accelerated ripening, not me! I wanna know why!
Check the buds lower on the olant if they are all clear then its likely from light/heat. Maybe grab a cheap IR temo gun and check leaf and bud temps from top to bottom could also help guve you and answer.

longer strains will tend to start to shiw orange pistils then toss out new white ones out of nowhere and that can happen a few times during flower.

if thier not swelling or done swelling id say its likely more pronounced under the lights up high on the plants?

on too of the IR spectrum warming the plants produce heat ad a byproduct of excess light so they kinda go hand in hand and that can lead to what you might be seeing.

These new LED are light beasts

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

I shoukd add that is plant, leaf and bud temps not air temps
She’s completely dark on the lowers. I have good control of my temps etc. that’s why I’m so darn confused! Some are saying perhaps it’s a fast pheno.. I’m saying if it is it would be the first. I run 71 at night and 77 to 78 during the day and right now holding 35-40% humidity. No foxtailing or burn to indicate a light prob, no self made seeds, looks healthy and is for sure fattening. Just a darn mystery!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

She’s completely dark on the lowers. I have good control of my temps etc. that’s why I’m so darn confused! Some are saying perhaps it’s a fast pheno.. I’m saying if it is it would be the first. I run 71 at night and 77 to 78 during the day and right now holding 35-40% humidity. No foxtailing or burn to indicate a light prob, no self made seeds, looks healthy and is for sure fattening. Just a darn mystery!
Plant temps though not air temps.

One other thing that comes to mind is ethylen. are you in a basement, have other finishing plant’s around or running co2 burners?

anything that has a flame?

ethylene is common in inefficient burners and is a plant hormone that will greatly speed up ripening

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Plant temps though not air temps.

One other thing that comes to mind is ethylen. are you in a basement, have other finishing plant’s around or running co2 burners?

anything that has a flame?

ethylene is common in inefficient burners and is a plant hormone that will greatly speed up ripening
Got ya on air temps vs leaf temps, not in a basement, no co2 burners. Everything you have suggested makes perfect sense, so far it just does not apply. I’m going to push it at least two more weeks so I can give it plain water. I like to harvest at a hundred percent milky, don’t know she will hold out that long.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Got ya on air temps vs leaf temps, not in a basement, no co2 burners. Everything you have suggested makes perfect sense, so far it just does not apply. I’m going to push it at least two more weeks so I can give it plain water. I like to harvest at a hundred percent milky, don’t know she will hold out that long.
Yeah im scratching my head. Wish i could be more help but if i think of something else ill hit ya up.

lol now i may not sleep. But im gonna try to forget this before bed or take some gravol. Things that stump me keeo me up at night, brain wont let go

you know the kid that has to know why all the time, bless my parents who out up with that during my childhood.

wheres the gravol

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Yeah im scratching my head. Wish i could be more help but if i think of something else ill hit ya up.

lol now i may not sleep. But im gonna try to forget this before bed or take some gravol. Things that stump me keeo me up at night, brain wont let go

you know the kid that has to know why all the time, bless my parents who out up with that during my childhood.

wheres the gravol
Awwww heck Aqua don’t loose sleep over it! Worst case, it just ripens quicker. I took a clone from this one and I’m going to pop another seed, just to see what kind of time it takes. Sure does smell good tho! Like a skunk at a fruit stand lol. I was that “but why” kid too, wonder my parents didn’t choke me out. 🤪

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

@CannaGranny I just have to say that you have the best name of anyone here, and your plants are beautiful. Maybe all your sage knowledge just made her finish faster. 🤣
Well how darn nice! Thank you 🥰 My most prolific knowledge has got me into more trouble than not lol. I do want to know why and about every little thing. Downside, I drive ppl nuts, upside, I got some killer medicine 😍 Thanks for making me smile 🙂

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Happy 420 out there peeps! Hope you all have an awesome day.

Just checked the girls out and the more I look the more I realize this issue I am having seems not only cultivar specific but pheno as well. 2 chem cookies and 2 white widows fed the exact same since sprout. The 2 white widows seem much healthier. Nice solid green leaves with just a bit of tip burn. 1 of the Chem Cookies has a bit of the orange-ish rust spots but the other has them kind of everywhere. Seems more prevalent in larger and older fan leaves but in some places I can see small leaves nearest bud sites where it is happening. Oh well all I can do is just baby them a bit till friday and then try the MasterBlend. The widow I named Charlotte looks healthy enough that I am wondering if I should even be switching nutes? I assume completely switching nutes at this stage may cause for there to be an adjustment period but would yall do it if were you or would you say it is worth an extra $50 and I just keep the new bottles of AN that came so that I wouldn't be caught with pants down.

1st video are the widows Charlotte and Candy.
2nd is chem cookie named Cookie
3rd is chem cookie Coco

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just checked the girls out and the more I look the more I realize this issue I am having seems not only cultivar specific but pheno as well. 2 chem cookies and 2 white widows fed the exact same since sprout. The 2 white widows seem much healthier. Nice solid green leaves with just a bit of tip burn. 1 of the Chem Cookies has a bit of the orange-ish rust spots but the other has them kind of everywhere. Seems more prevalent in larger and older fan leaves but in some places I can see small leaves nearest bud sites where it is happening. Oh well all I can do is just baby them a bit till friday and then try the MasterBlend. The widow I named Charlotte looks healthy enough that I am wondering if I should even be switching nutes? I assume completely switching nutes at this stage may cause for there to be an adjustment period but would yall do it if were you or would you say it is worth an extra $50 and I just keep the new bottles of AN that came so that I wouldn't be caught with pants down.

3rd is chem cookie Coco
Nah no adjustment period they take up nutrients only in ionic form… a nitrate is a nitrate no matter the source derived from. What will change is the ratios slightly and concentration and thats where you may see an improvement or an adjustment needed

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Nah no adjustment period they take up nutrients only in ionic form… a nitrate is a nitrate no matter the source derived from. What will change is the ratios slightly and concentration and thats where you may see an improvement or an adjustment needed
Hell yeah and thanks so much. Stoked Level... RESTORED! 💪🤗

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also dont forget those big ol leaves are less efficient at photosynthesis and if things are slightly off they will cannibalize them for their needs. Its not an issue.

you nitrogen is a bit high though. what pom are you feeding? Always go by individual planta and grows because the same plant in your sy will have different needs than another because if the environmental difference

Zombierider

Zombierider

Also dont forget those big ol leaves are less efficient at photosynthesis and if things are slightly off they will cannibalize them for their needs. Its not an issue.

you nitrogen is a bit high though. what pom are you feeding? Always go by individual planta and grows because the same plant in your sy will have different needs than another because if the environmental difference
How much of a difference does phenotype make in terms of ppm’s/nutrient/environmental preferences? I have 4 cheese cookies going in week 5 of flower and one of them has lighter green leaves vs it’s sisters have darker green color leaves, but they are all on the same nutes @ 820ppm. I’m thinking it got a nitrogen or calcium deficiency cuz it was the biggest and fastest growing of the 4, however reading this got me thinking: maybe it wasn’t the size of the biggest phenotype that gave it the deficiency, it might have been its particular nutrient preferences wanting more calcium than it’s siblings? I also checked my res and it goes from like 6.1-6.3 in a few days, so they have been getting a good range of ph. These plants are a mystery, a fun mystery lol.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Ahhh ok so glad you mentioned that cause I was wondering if I would be better off taking the worst of them off or would that just further direct the deficiency to the remaining leaves and bud sites? I would think I should remove them so plant doesn't waste its energy on trying to repair?

Hmm high nitrogen. I'm ashamed to say I don't ppm that often and once got exact amount by syringe of feed recommended and they seemed fine, I more so just went by trying to listen to them. When last ppm the TDS on apera pc60 was reading like 2-2.25ish. I will check when feed later today to be more accurate. Till the MasterBlend comes I kinda have to give them less than more to conserve last of nutes from already cracked bottles

2Bad

2Bad

3rd is chem cookie Coco
Ah it’s good to see knowledge from Aqua again , back to school! Happy 420 Perfect!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

aight I'm frustrated as heck and at the crossroads of having to do something about it. I simply don't know a damn thing and my plants are suffering as I watch. I've stunted bud growth with not enough light, and by being a lazy bones and lax at times have created what simply has to be nute lockout. My biggest mistake was not auto feeding with a way to get proper run-off. I knew from the get-go that 50/50 coco should be ferted often and to 10-20% run-off EVERY time. I have hand watered with a garden sprayer in 3gal fabs since transplant. I have probably fed till 10% runoff or more only like 10-20% of the time. I have tried to flush them in the bathtub with a few gallons of water before flipped to flower and again for the worst of the plants last week again, but things are getting worse. I kicked up the light a notch and dropped it a couple inches which I know demands more of the plants. Another mistake I have made to cause this is not feeding enough. I alternated ferting once a day and twice a day pretty much for months now each time with 1L each. So this brings me to here. I am not even comfortable flushing with the water I have and I have 3 kinds and they are all over the place. I did ph/cond/tds on all 3 waters (tap/RO/water from store I buy in 5g) and then calibrated the pc60 meter and did it again.

Tap ph 7.45, cond 970, tds 691
RO 5.48, 56.4, 40.5
Other 6.01, 23.4, 17.1 (I used this today and added nutes and came out 5.53, 2.79, 1.99)

I definitely shouldn't flush with the tap right? and I have heard to and not to with RO but is 5.5ish low to flush with? and the other I'd rather not use if don't have to cause it is our drinking water but can if should.

I have been using bunkass AN nutes the whole grow(Ph Perfect micro, Grow, Bloom and B-52 and Big Bud, and have Overdrive but says it is for last 2 weeks of flower. I ordered more (micro, grow, bloom) because was going to run out completely and amazon made a mistake and thinks it is lost so they are free. I also just received the MasterBlend starter pack an hour ago.

One of the issues I now have is the moving the plants if am going to flush them. I literally have a cola in every square so would suck quite a bit to remove. The containers they sit over can probably only hold 1L and I don't have a way to get it out. I always moved them to a bathroom when had to drain. The worst of the plants is the easiest to get to though and here is what I am thinking. Flush just the worst plant with a few gallons of RO and then feed with a blend of 50% masterblend and 50 AN nutes. If see good response then increase MB and decrease AN until all on the MB. Or should I take the net off, say to heck with it cause I think I am making popcorn chopsticks and not fat colas that will break stems anyway, and then all 4 plants will be mobile again, I can flush them all with RO water and start migrating them over to MB feed as well.

Sorry for the rant and I wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to step in on this crap 😆

Latest posts

Top Bottom