1st Grow ever. Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeks and White Widow from 13th Axis

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zombierider

Zombierider

Will let ya know on that. So far so good, my biggest prob is the seeds not wanting to germ. Took three to get one, which is kind of unusual for any of Redbeards beans. It’s also seriously behind all the others in size as well. The fade for me is a natural process many feed up to the end. I make those ladies feed themselves the last two weeks burning up all it’s reserves. Makes my smoke smooth. About time for your harvest isn’t it?
Hmm that sucks, must be something with those genetics making it sickly considering your a pro at this. Definitely keep me updated on how she goes! And yup about harvest time here. The breeder says cheese cookies takes 9 weeks to flower, so I figure I got about 1.5 weeks then it’s harvest time. I haven’t looked at the trichs much yet, guess I gotta start scoping them out!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hey you two! Working like crazy setting up for the summer and harvesting in between. Just wanted to share this pretty fade pic with ya. This is Chocolate Mimosa. Mother to this one is Clementine and purple punch. Smells like a fresh cracked tangerine and has purple running all through it. Waiting on the Jack Herer to finish then this grow is in the books. Next round is ready. Going with Future One, Orange Widow, Grape Ape, Alaskan Thunder F*#* and Do Si Dos. View attachment 1242763

that looks off the charts. So fruity pebbly-like and so healthy. I LOVE Purple Punch and Mimosa so I'm sure way jealous. Not sure my leaves looked that healthy in early veg lol but hey I learned a lot and had some fun along the way. Can't wait to watch your next grow. Such great strain choices.

2Bad

2Bad

that looks off the charts. So fruity pebbly-like and so healthy. I LOVE Purple Punch and Mimosa so I'm sure way jealous. Not sure my leaves looked that healthy in early veg lol but hey I learned a lot and had some fun along the way. Can't wait to watch your next grow. Such great strain choices.
Omg I had a strain that tasted like fruity pebbles like 6 years ago. It was bomb! It was like fluffy and bright green aww it was orgasmic.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

5 days of flushing the chem cookies and tent has arrived. Gonna put them in new tent this eve and leave them for 48 hrs. Sheesh this is a bit scary since such an important step but YOLO and let's do this 💪🙏🙋‍♂️

2Bad

2Bad

5 days of flushing the chem cookies and tent has arrived. Gonna put them in new tent this eve and leave them for 48 hrs. Sheesh this is a bit scary since such an important step but YOLO and let's do this 💪🙏🙋‍♂️
Good Shit! I will admit I think wet trimming is easier but if you don't have the perfect dry room temp/humidity leave the fan leaves on for drying. Those 48 hours my coco plants basically shriveled because they were 1 gallons and I didnt water lmaoooo

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Good Shit! I will admit I think wet trimming is easier but if you don't have the perfect dry room temp/humidity leave the fan leaves on for drying. Those 48 hours my coco plants basically shriveled because they were 1 gallons and I didnt water lmaoooo
Shit shit shit. I just KNOW that is going to happen to me. I feel like I should wet trim the chem cookies. I don't think I have the ideal way for the best dry and cure environment. I just threw up the 3x3 and threw the 2 Chem Cookies in it. Maybe I should just do 24hr instead of 48 or 72 for the chem cookies. Hah made it all the way here and just feel like gonna fk this up royally. Didn't think through how much harder it would be to run 2 cultivars at once with respect to when they'd finish and what I would do when they did. Oof

2Bad

2Bad

Shit shit shit. I just KNOW that is going to happen to me. I feel like I should wet trim the chem cookies. I don't think I have the ideal way for the best dry and cure environment. I just threw up the 3x3 and threw the 2 Chem Cookies in it. Maybe I should just do 24hr instead of 48 or 72 for the chem cookies. Hah made it all the way here and just feel like gonna fk this up royally. Didn't think through how much harder it would be to run 2 cultivars at once with respect to when they'd finish and what I would do when they did. Oof
Oh you mean a drying space. Yeah it's going to be tough. If you have a grow store near you try to get a hanging net the one with layers you know what im talking about? Gives you alot of room to dry

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Oh you mean a drying space. Yeah it's going to be tough. If you have a grow store near you try to get a hanging net the one with layers you know what im talking about? Gives you alot of room to dry
No I mean I'm also in Coco and can imagine "shriveling them" because of how fast coco drys. After an evening of dark, lights came on for a couple hours and I set up the 3x3 tent and put them in. Put a small fan in there, opened up a couple vents, came back in couple hours and humidity was 91% on the FLOOR! 😮😣😂😡
Yeaaaah I think that's prolly gonna leave a mark and I had to have a couple good beers to deal what I did 😂. I've got things to 65 temp and 50 rh in the tent now but it is only 9pm and I don't know yet how overnight temp drops here in AZ will change that. I am aiming for 60/60 for as long as can but most things I've seen say thay the 1st couple days of the dry that you are supposed to have a lower RH like 40-50? This shit is way harder than I imagined

2Bad

2Bad

No I mean I'm also in Coco and can imagine "shriveling them" because of how fast coco drys. After an evening of dark, lights came on for a couple hours and I set up the 3x3 tent and put them in. Put a small fan in there, opened up a couple vents, came back in couple hours and humidity was 91% on the FLOOR! 😮😣😂😡
Yeaaaah I think that's prolly gonna leave a mark and I had to have a couple good beers to deal what I did 😂. I've got things to 65 temp and 50 rh in the tent now but it is only 9pm and I don't know yet how overnight temp drops here in AZ will change that. I am aiming for 60/60 for as long as can but most things I've seen say thay the 1st couple days of the dry that you are supposed to have a lower RH like 40-50? This shit is way harder than I imagined
I mean I always heard the 60/60 part but I think and hope everything is alright for you.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I mean I always heard the 60/60 part but I think and hope everything is alright for you.
Thanks brotha and I'm hangin in there. Struggling with temps and RH in drying tent but it is what it is. 8:30pm here and showing 65% and 40% RH. After like 36hr in dark I chopped the chem cookies down. Hung em upside down in dry tent and just trying to get to 60/60 but it just ain't happening. Have 14k btu honeywell portable AC on full blast on lowest temp(61) but 60 is just too low to maintain for weeks. And the humidity seems actually even harder to achieve. It's all just much harder than anticipated and unfortunately am not very confident it's gonna work out. I have 2 plants chopped and hanging in a 3x3 and 2 in a 4x4 I started flushing today and neither really gives off much smell. The widows are still in with the infinity t6 so can understand them not giving off much scent but the 2 chem cookies that are drying? Just doesn't make sense but never done this before so what do I know. Probably stripped the plants of all terps from all the hiccups. Hopefully I will be surprised and end up with at least something smokable and if not sure hope I can make edibles or something with em. How is your grow going? Here I am sweatin 2 strains and you have like a gauntlet

Zombierider

Zombierider

I was considering moving my grow to the basement and running CO2 next run, however I’ve been reading that breathing in CO2 heavy air can be hazardous to health? Aside from the acute issues of passing out, are there long terms effects associated with CO2 exposure in grow areas?

Zombierider

Zombierider

aye bud I think you have the ticket there. It may have been the 1st or last plant to be filled with coco that I was "attempting" to wash. I was filling 10 gallon containers with coco and filling with warm water and letting the finest shit fall to the bottom, swooshing it around and then using more of the stuff that didn't sink to fill the pots. I easily could have made the pots "look" the same with medium amounts(because I weighed them) put took 100 days to realize that what is inside could be much different. Sheeet newb move 326 😣 and just made a frikkin other one lmao Was stoked to give the girls some CO2 with an Exhale bag and went to check on them this morning and almost passed out in 30 seconds. Fuuudge that and this is my office so I can't be gasping for air or dying in here lol took that shit out immediately. No joke immediately could sense it and it is NOT to be messed around with imo. just a guess but if was inside the tent and closed it I think you'd pass out with 1-2 min and be dead not long after lol Yeah no thanks and the girls will just have to keep dealin without
Good lord bro that is not cool! Glad your ok bud, I have been reading up on CO2 and all people seems to say is not to breathe in a lot of it (like you probably did with the exhale bag) and of course to monitor the levels. Aside from the dangers, a 30% potential increase in yields is enticing. They are also more resilient to crazy temperatures, which here in Virginia we are about to have (most summers it’s like 70% humidity and 91+degrees june-september). I also hear adding silica helps them with tempurature fluctuations so I’m gonna use armor si next grow and see if it makes a difference. With my girls, if my humidity goes below 50% they don’t like it unless it’s cold, maybe silica would aid this?

Zombierider

Zombierider

Bro you just solved my problem, was looking for a way hang a fuck ton of hangers for my upcoming harvest, just use my scrog net! Duh! Lol thanks holmes

Zombierider

Zombierider

Thanks brotha and I'm hangin in there. Struggling with temps and RH in drying tent but it is what it is. 8:30pm here and showing 65% and 40% RH. After like 36hr in dark I chopped the chem cookies down. Hung em upside down in dry tent and just trying to get to 60/60 but it just ain't happening. Have 14k btu honeywell portable AC on full blast on lowest temp(61) but 60 is just too low to maintain for weeks. And the humidity seems actually even harder to achieve. It's all just much harder than anticipated and unfortunately am not very confident it's gonna work out. I have 2 plants chopped and hanging in a 3x3 and 2 in a 4x4 I started flushing today and neither really gives off much smell. The widows are still in with the infinity t6 so can understand them not giving off much scent but the 2 chem cookies that are drying? Just doesn't make sense but never done this before so what do I know. Probably stripped the plants of all terps from all the hiccups. Hopefully I will be surprised and end up with at least something smokable and if not sure hope I can make edibles or something with em. How is your grow going? Here I am sweatin 2 strains and you have like a gauntlet
Man I wouldn’t stress about them, as long as you keep the temps below 75 it’s perfect. Try not to let it get too dry in there, try to stay above 50% rh. The key is to let them go for 14-16 days. The terps will come when the chlorophyll is broken down. If you want some ideas on fixing your temp issues on your drying tent, here is my setup: 6 inch in-line fan attached to ducting to the roof of the tent exhausting air outside of the room. Got 2, 6 inch ducting sections stuffed into the bottom port holes as passive intake (taped some bug netting onto the ends of the ducting works good as a dust/bug filter). Then I got a dehumidifier and humidifier, put the humidifier inside the tent, and the dehumidifier right outside the tent. Crank window ac unit to 60 degrees (cuz fuck it I’ve come this far). Close everything up and turn it on, hitting average 60 rh and 60 degrees. Sounds complicated, is actually quite easy to manage those temps if you do it right. Let me know if you get those temps/rh under control. I think your in AZ right? So I would really focus on humidifying and you could maybe not get the dehumidifier if your ambient is lower than 60. Here my ambient rh is like 64%.

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Hey for the first try I think you did excellent. I know you don’t know this but most never make it far enough to harvest. So stop kicking yourself in the behind and celebrate the achievement that you accomplished! When you are checking the trichs look all over the plant, pull the Bud open and look inside as well. It will continue to ripen a bit as it dries. If I allowed anything I grow to hit 70-80% amber I would be couch locked! This ole Lady has no time for that! I’ll do all my sleeping when I take that big dirt nap lol.
So all in all pat yaself on the back, have a smoke and prepare for round two. When ya ready to go lean clean and mean, let me know.. I’ll start sending you the mix ratios etc 😍

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Hey for the first try I think you did excellent. I know you don’t know this but most never make it far enough to harvest. So stop kicking yourself in the behind and celebrate the achievement that you accomplished! When you are checking the trichs look all over the plant, pull the Bud open and look inside as well. It will continue to ripen a bit as it dries. If I allowed anything I grow to hit 70-80% amber I would be couch locked! This ole Lady has no time for that! I’ll do all my sleeping when I take that big dirt nap lol.
So all in all pat yaself on the back, have a smoke and prepare for round two. When ya ready to go lean clean and mean, let me know.. I’ll start sending you the mix ratios etc 😍
1st grow. Excellent job. Hell, excellent period!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

That means a lot CG 🤗 thank you and I can definitely see why many fail if not give up. I know many times I was close but luckily had yall to cool me off.
Yeah I agree 70% is too much amber but for me I really want to make super sleep edibles for my mom, wifey, and myself. Has me thinking GDP, Puple Kush, some other mainly indica strain next grow. Any super sticky icky indica strain you recommend above them all?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

1st grow. Excellent job. Hell, excellent period!
Tyvm brotha. Think I should have waited a week or 2 but I will next time. I think I may end up with a bit over 1lb in the end from all 4. Thinkin of goin to just 1 maybe 2 plants max next grow. Seems would be soo much easier to manage 2 or 1 vs 4

Top Bottom