1st Grow ever. Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeks and White Widow from 13th Axis

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Bahhh Fail! Week 3 flower update

Tried to defoliate, lollipop, and get net up but ran out of time and lights come on in 10 min. Ended up taking off 638 bud sights, 213 sucker branches, and a bushel of leaves, give or take. NOT a good feeling having no clue whether you are just diluting your crop or being of benefit. I feel I screwed things up and missed window to use 4" net and wonder if I should just use the 6" now. I have main branches that are so much taller than others. Bit frustrated and not sure what to do

20220410 183509
20220410 194907
20220410 193927
Choppr

Choppr

Nice 1st Grow Trader - alot of good advice from @CannaGranny too +1, (glad I see you ditched the bricks) why waste the tent. My advice as an old farmer, research your strains Sativa's take longer and grow much taller, timing is everything when comes time for drying, so 9 wk strains and 12 wk + sativa's dont work wel, unless u have a dedicated drying room, taller and shorter strains make trellising/scrogging a PIA right, and you've already learned too many plants can become unmanagable.
managing your next grow will be a breeze, have fun with it brother - Overall Excellent 1st Grow Gromie !!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Nice 1st Grow Trader - alot of good advice from @CannaGranny too +1, (glad I see you ditched the bricks) why waste the tent. My advice as an old farmer, research your strains Sativa's take longer and grow much taller, timing is everything when comes time for drying, so 9 wk strains and 12 wk + sativa's dont work wel, unless u have a dedicated drying room, taller and shorter strains make trellising/scrogging a PIA right, and you've already learned too many plants can become unmanagable.
managing your next grow will be a breeze, have fun with it brother - Overall Excellent 1st Grow Gromie !!
That means a lot brotha and thanks kindly. Yeah the advice I have gotten here has been priceless. From the get go knowing I wasn't alone and could reach out when I was spazzing has been priceless. You are totally right about the different cultivars and researching them as best you can ahead of time. And to think I even considered 4 different strains for my 1st grow lol yikes but in all honesty I did research these 2 and thought they were both hybrids that leaned if anything to the indica side. I was shooting for strains that said they had same flowering time. There was much more info out there about white widows vs chem cookies but unfortunately not all the info on the strains was the same. The more I look now though it seems the white widows are moving much faster and will finish sooner. They got pistals 1st and trichomes as well. They are at least 10 inches taller than the cookies and I wish i could say I ditched the cinder blocks but it was just on Charlotte, the largest widow that I took it away to even up the light to tops distance. I hate them though and learned plenty of lessons about planning better next grow. I have decided to run Grape Rock Candy x Banana Butter Cups from Square 1 gen and Max Yields. I may run just 1 plant but definitely no more than 2. In a perfect world I will find some way to grow just 1 and veg 3 months and net a lb dry lmao 🤣 but I watched Mr Canucks grow with this strain and was sold. What kind of grow do you like to do? Soil or Hydro?

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Not a good pic but the widows are 1st to have pistils changing color 🤗 the cookies are beginning as well but definitely seem about a week slower. I think it is time to start making a plan for drying at different times since I highly doubt they will finish at the same time. Especially after what @Choppr said I need to think ahead or pay for ot by being caught off guard. I was gonna dry in the tent but that won't be possible if it is still in use. Hmm

20220412 185411
Zombierider

Zombierider

Not a good pic but the widows are 1st to have pistils changing color 🤗 the cookies are beginning as well but definitely seem about a week slower. I think it is time to start making a plan for drying at different times since I highly doubt they will finish at the same time. Especially after what @Choppr said I need to think ahead or pay for ot by being caught off guard. I was gonna dry in the tent but that won't be possible if it is still in use. Hmm
Hell yeah looking nugalicous, I got a white widow seed I might plant it next grow, looks like a good strain. As for the curing: I was thinking the same thing, I think not all my cheese cookies will finish same day, so I too need somewhere to cure the buds. So I just ordered a 4x4 tent and dehumidifier+in-line fan. We didn’t spend all this time and money to not cure properly, so I suggest you also build out a drying tent. Pretty simple to put together, seed to stoned has a good vid about it. Keep up the good work brother!

P

Paradiced

When I have those tall vigorous starting to tower above an otherwise semi even canopy I super top them laying them into a space in the canopy. Just enough to keep em bent over but not sagging down below into darkness. When pruning, take a good look at the top of the canopy. See if you can remove what's below without affecting much the way the top of it looks. So you can end up removing a bushel of shoots and leaves and still have the top looking close to the same. Except in between the spaces when you look through you'll see the floor instead of more leaves and shoots. This way you've taken the things that are not receiving adequate light. Everything you have left on top will grow up in the maturity without carrying all the crap from underneath in the lower canopy. It's kind of a play it safe method if you're new to things. You're still increasing your air circulation and you're removing everything that's just going to grow larfey flowers.

P

Paradiced

Super crop them it's what that first sentence is supposed to read. Sorry I suck at proof reading.

TSD

TSD

White Widow is a voracious strain, I do outdoor and last year my white widow was my biggest yielder, 7 feet tall, 5 across and yeilded me about 2.75 pounds, I neededa ladder to care for her.... and that was with my early season fuck up of trying to use massive fabric pots, deciding I hated them, and putting her in the ground after realizing I was not doing well with the pots and they were not thriving... man did she ever play catch up!

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hell yeah looking nugalicous, I got a white widow seed I might plant it next grow, looks like a good strain. As for the curing: I was thinking the same thing, I think not all my cheese cookies will finish same day, so I too need somewhere to cure the buds. So I just ordered a 4x4 tent and dehumidifier+in-line fan. We didn’t spend all this time and money to not cure properly, so I suggest you also build out a drying tent. Pretty simple to put together, seed to stoned has a good vid about it. Keep up the good work brother!

Thanks brotha. Yeah the widow I named Charlotte is something else. I would definitely have cloned her if could do it over again. She has outpaced the 3 other girls in every regard.
Damnn good thinkin on the additional tent. I have a small wine cooler that was gifted to me that I think may work well for the curing but was going to buy large jars as well. Now that I am pretty sure the widows will finish before the cookies, I am gonna have to bite the bullet and resolve the drying plan.
Ooo got the trellis up. Pics incoming

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Hollly shit man that's a monster wow. Here I am and I will be ecstatic with a half lb from 4 plants 😂 I put up a trellis today and rven with the widows on the ground and the chem cookies on 8" cinder blocks, they still are taller and appear not done yet. Love how they are gettin frostier though 🤗
White Widow is a voracious strain, I do outdoor and last year my white widow was my biggest yielder, 7 feet tall, 5 across and yeilded me about 2.75 pounds, I neededa ladder to care for her.... and that was with my early season fuck up of trying to use massive fabric pots, deciding I hated them, and putting her in the ground after realizing I was not doing well with the pots and they were not thriving... man did she ever play catch up!

Choppr

Choppr

a cheap 2'x 4' vivosun tent can hold alot of drying branches (if done right), and Ac infinty 4" w controller set for high humdity, will expel humidity/odor - (the 2x4 also takes up less space) (another tip: the cheap trellis netting works good for hanging branches, hang them like curtains inside the tent and load'em up) good luck -

2Bad

2Bad

Hollly shit man that's a monster wow. Here I am and I will be ecstatic with a half lb from 4 plants 😂 I put up a trellis today and rven with the widows on the ground and the chem cookies on 8" cinder blocks, they still are taller and appear not done yet. Love how they are gettin frostier though 🤗
Oh youll get at least a half lb for shooo

Zombierider

Zombierider

How is white widow to smoke?

Reactions: TSD
TSD

TSD

Well they go crazy in the ground under full day sun... I actually forgot how big they get in ground because I have been doing my outdoor in containers for the past few years...I had them in my back yard garden and was like "oh fuck" a few weeks into thier oudoor veg lol...thankfully I have a fence and cool neighbors 🤣

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Not the best job but am happy it is up. May futz with it in the comin days to lower it slowly. Just happy I didn't wait any longer as the buds are sending me signals to not play touchie touchie with them unless wanna get sticky icky. I moved them around to make most space for watering and although I will again be playing smeagol from lord of the rings 😄 at least I won't be trying to string them up later if they try to fall over

Top Bottom