1st Grow ever. Chem Cookies from Mamiko Seeks and White Widow from 13th Axis

• Thread starter PerfecTrader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Whats your temp & humidity im just curious it looks perfect
Thanks much brotha. Pretty much stick around 75/60 daily. I throw the humidifier on maybe 2-3 times every 18hr for 1-2hr. And longer RH shoots as high as 75+. All 4 girls have been topped twice and was planning for another round for 8 per plant but am playing it day by day.

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Haven't been updating since been so uneventful. Just been playing training games and tetris with the leaves daily.

This was yesterday, Day 42 from seedling so 3 weeks into veg. The Chem Cookies grow ridiculously different than the White Widows. I don't know how much the poor transplant had to do with it but the Cookies are growing at such a difference pace. They seem to understand that I want to make the short and fat yet 1 Widow wants to grow fast as shit and up while the other wants to barely grow and be a runt. I topped the runner for 3rd time and am waiting on the other 3 for the right day to top them all once more as well. Seem to be getting some nice new growth areas on the Chems so am just going to keep doing what I'm doing. My plan is to be patient and slow roll every step of the process from veg to flower, dry and cure.

Day 42
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

And then there were 16. Topped Cookie and Coco for 3rd time. Charlotte is already done and Candy I may experiment with and leave her topped just twice.

20220303 205838
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Day 47

Ladies seem to doing pretty well. There is a widow runt that doesn't want to catch up yet her sister wants to grow in height the most. The chem cookies are a joy to grow and very predictable. Got a 12" for $20, drilled hole in plastic so could hang upside down and it still oscillates well. The girls seem to love the extra flow and it allows me to drop the lights a couple inches and get the intensity to 50% without any noticeable torching. Been doin LST daily but am going to let them run a bit and just keep tuck and weaving leaves and branches. Suspect I will flip them into flower in 30 days or less. Trellis net up in 1-2 weeks I'd imagine

20220308 094800
20220308 094925
2Bad

2Bad

Day 47

Ladies seem to doing pretty well. There is a widow runt that doesn't want to catch up yet her sister wants to grow in height the most. The chem cookies are a joy to grow and very predictable. Got a 12" for $20, drilled hole in plastic so could hang upside down and it still oscillates well. The girls seem to love the extra flow and it allows me to drop the lights a couple inches and get the intensity to 50% without any noticeable torching. Been doin LST daily but am going to let them run a bit and just keep tuck and weaving leaves and branches. Suspect I will flip them into flower in 30 days or less. Trellis net up in 1-2 weeks I'd imagine
looking good are you picky about your weed?

2Bad

2Bad

Not sure what you mean exactly. Like picky about what I like to smoke or picky about growing?
About what you smoke cus if you are and you like the smoke you get you might want to clone ahead of flowering.. it's very easy a 2nd grader could do it

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

About what you smoke cus if you are and you like the smoke you get you might want to clone ahead of flowering.. it's very easy a 2nd grader could do it
Ahh I got ya now. Yeah I may clone the CCs but I have more beans so might not. Only 1 tent and light and plan to use tent to dry. I'm not half way through this grow and all I can think about is what to grow next run hah

2Bad

2Bad

Ahh I got ya now. Yeah I may clone the CCs but I have more beans so might not. Only 1 tent and light and plan to use tent to dry. I'm not half way through this grow and all I can think about is what to grow next run hah
As long as your not picky your good I'm highly picky lmao

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Day 57 update

Been a while cause sometimes veggin is just boring lol but good news is no apparent deficiency I can see and no pests as of yet. Wanted to invite @Zombierider and @CannaGranny so as to no longer hijack my growmies grow.

So here is where my stoner head is at/stuck. I was plannin to flip to flower Sunday because I "think" they/I might be ready. What is on my mind is a couple things I would love some advice on.
1. My plants are too short/low. I can't(don't want to till next grow) try to employ auto feeding. I will take pics in 20-30 min but I tried and no joke I would not be able to get to them even playing hobbit. I have to find a way to raise them up like even a foot. What would be perfect would be like 12"x12" blocks or like a cake shape made of something sturdy. These plants are like a foot tall and I think I could fill my net now with growth sites within just a couple days. Everyone elses grows they lollipop like higher than my entire plants are now. I feel like I might have bonsai-ed mine too much or something.

2. The plants are all different heights. 1 white widow is the tallest, 2 chem cookies are almost the same, and 1 widow is quite short, growth stunted and a runt. How should I orient them in the tent that makes most sense? Should I put the runt in the corner that is furthest because it will require least work? Should I prop it more than the others so it gets ample light distance(since once flip lights and have net I can't move plants anymore)?

As of now I think the only thing holding me up from putting net up is I want to flush them once(never have so shouldn't I since I can move plants easily now and do in bathtub but can't once net up) and that I want to prop them up for ease of watering 1st. I know my baked ass rambled but hah I'm sure yall understand. Any thoughts or advice appreciated

20220317 185638
20220317 215641
20220317 215711
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

I think I have a plan. After lookin at everything from plant risers, raisers, diys, cake tins, upside down pots, etc I think the right sized cinder block might be the trick. Gonna check out lowes or HD on sizes but 10x10 6 high would be perfect if they've got it

CannaGranny

CannaGranny

Day 57 update

Been a while cause sometimes veggin is just boring lol but good news is no apparent deficiency I can see and no pests as of yet. Wanted to invite @Zombierider and @CannaGranny so as to no longer hijack my growmies grow.

So here is where my stoner head is at/stuck. I was plannin to flip to flower Sunday because I "think" they/I might be ready. What is on my mind is a couple things I would love some advice on.
1. My plants are too short/low. I can't(don't want to till next grow) try to employ auto feeding. I will take pics in 20-30 min but I tried and no joke I would not be able to get to them even playing hobbit. I have to find a way to raise them up like even a foot. What would be perfect would be like 12"x12" blocks or like a cake shape made of something sturdy. These plants are like a foot tall and I think I could fill my net now with growth sites within just a couple days. Everyone elses grows they lollipop like higher than my entire plants are now. I feel like I might have bonsai-ed mine too much or something.

2. The plants are all different heights. 1 white widow is the tallest, 2 chem cookies are almost the same, and 1 widow is quite short, growth stunted and a runt. How should I orient them in the tent that makes most sense? Should I put the runt in the corner that is furthest because it will require least work? Should I prop it more than the others so it gets ample light distance(since once flip lights and have net I can't move plants anymore)?

As of now I think the only thing holding me up from putting net up is I want to flush them once(never have so shouldn't I since I can move plants easily now and do in bathtub but can't once net up) and that I want to prop them up for ease of watering 1st. I know my baked ass rambled but hah I'm sure yall understand. Any thoughts or advice appreciated
Okay, let’s start here. Your ladies look lovely, you have built a lot of good colas. I currently am running two shorties, they did not gain much in height, but got wider instead. I lay this off on heavy indica traits. When and how many times did you top these? They have an amazing canopy for such short plants. I top twice, once at node four and then that new growth I top after two new nodes again, then I fim them just prior to flower.
The beauty of the scrog is that you make the decision about when to begin it, and you make the decision about the height when you begin. There are no set in stone measurements. It is said that typically from eighteen to twenty four inches. I chose twenty four for mine as I often run big and tall plants. Due to the fact that the top is twenty four inches I allow my plants to reach thirty to thirty four inches prior to placing and prepping to scrog. This gives me an actual limb to push below the table top. I have in the past raised plants that were not as tall as others. I used some styrofoam blocks I got in some shipping material.
When placing my plants I stagger them so that I can see each pot individually. Instead of one right behind the other. Since you are considering raising the heigh, placement is ultimately up to you. It’s always a bitch under the canopy. Exactly why I have all of my work done prior to placing them, and then my only worry is getting to them to feed and water.
Because your ladies are so short, when you do lollypop only remove branches that do not make it to the top of your canopy. You know that scraggy growth that is super short and struggling to get an ounce of light. Your lollypop job will not look like mine as my plants are tall.
Now, this is the part I hate to tell you, but must. Using a net is called trellising not scroging. The net is springy and will not hold down your limbs. A scrog is solid and capable of holding down the weight of your limbs and it sits on legs. The difference? The trellis will support the stretch and help to support the weight, but your plant will grow straight through it and not under it. Too easy for it to push its way through and stand back up. The idea is to get an entire limb of main colas not just the one that exists at the top of your limbs. I have done both and the pics below, will show you the difference between trellising and scroging.
Why are you flushing these plants prior to flower?
I will check in this eve to see where you are today 😊
Pic one two plants placed below the table and allowed to grow through the scrog top. This is what will happen with stretchy net, they will stand back up. This will benefit only the original main colas that you had. This is just straight trellising.
Pic two is scrogged, notice that all the buds started at the level of the table top. Notice that the growth is mostly even across the top? Notice that each limb has many buds? This was because the entire limb was held under the table with each bud site getting equal light.
Pic three is both scroged and trellised. Scrogged first and a trellis nine inches above to help hold the weight of the Bud. As soon as my flowers hit nine inches, I add the trellis for support.
Pic four view from atop the table is the result of both processes together, scrog and trellis.

F250B03F 1180 4463 8B58 E8DD8844E605
14EA00D9 AA7F 4B22 A07A 3D28469F4118
8DC257D6 D0E7 4F43 A9F7 B8387F55E872
D37DEF26 E58C 4CD4 9289 0541B06F845A
Last edited:
2Bad

2Bad

I think I have a plan. After lookin at everything from plant risers, raisers, diys, cake tins, upside down pots, etc I think the right sized cinder block might be the trick. Gonna check out lowes or HD on sizes but 10x10 6 high would be perfect if they've got it
I already recommended but maybe it wasnt a perfect fit but incase u forgot this is a good riser depending on pot diameter https://www.lowes.com/pd/Style-Sele...V_BCzAB0ZdgsJEAQYAiABEgIrn_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Okay, let’s start here. Your ladies look lovely, you have built a lot of good colas. I currently am running two shorties, they did not gain much in height, but got wider instead. I lay this off on heavy indica traits. When and how many times did you top these? They have an amazing canopy for such short plants. I top twice, once at node four and then that new growth I top after two new nodes again, then I fim them just prior to flower.
The beauty of the scrog is that you make the decision about when to begin it, and you make the decision about the height when you begin. There are no set in stone measurements. It is said that typically from eighteen to twenty four inches. I chose twenty four for mine as I often run big and tall plants. Due to the fact that the top is twenty four inches I allow my plants to reach thirty to thirty four inches prior to placing and prepping to scrog. This gives me an actual limb to push below the table top. I have in the past raised plants that were not as tall as others. I used some styrofoam blocks I got in some shipping material.
When placing my plants I stagger them so that I can see each pot individually. Instead of one right behind the other. Since you are considering raising the heigh, placement is ultimately up to you. It’s always a bitch under the canopy. Exactly why I have all of my work done prior to placing them, and then my only worry is getting to them to feed and water.
Because your ladies are so short, when you do lollypop only remove branches that do not make it to the top of your canopy. You know that scraggy growth that is super short and struggling to get an ounce of light. Your lollypop job will not look like mine as my plants are tall.
Now, this is the part I hate to tell you, but must. Using a net is called trellising not scroging. The net is springy and will not hold down your limbs. A scrog is solid and capable of holding down the weight of your limbs and it sits on legs. The difference? The trellis will support the stretch and help to support the weight, but your plant will grow straight through it and not under it. Too easy for it to push its way through and stand back up. The idea is to get an entire limb of main colas not just the one that exists at the top of your limbs. I have done both and the pics below, will show you the difference between trellising and scroging.
Pic one two plants placed below the table and allowed to grow through the scrog top. This is what will happen with stretchy net, they will stand back up. This will benefit only the original main colas that you had. This is just straight trellising.
Pic two is scrogged, notice that all the buds started at the level of the table top. Notice that the growth is mostly even across the top? Notice that each limb has many buds? This was because the entire limb was held under the table with each bud site getting equal light.
Pic three is both scroged and trellised. Scrogged first and a trellis nine inches above to help hold the weight of the Bud. As soon as my flowers hit nine inches, I add the trellis for support.
Pic four view from atop the table is the result of both processes together, scrog and trellis.
Thanks soo much for this. Lots to digest and will dig in and reply in a bit

2Bad

2Bad

I may have missed that brotha or was too baked to realize what you sent but I like those alot. Going to HD or Lowes later today and will look for them. Thanks again
Sorry just read your update from today. Why are you propping them up instead of lowering the light? They are going to double in height possibly when you flip

PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

When placing my plants I stagger them so that I can see each pot individually. Instead of one right behind the other. Since you are considering raising the heigh, placement is ultimately up to you. It’s always a bitch under the canopy

. Exactly why I have all of my work done prior to placing them, and then my only worry is getting to them to feed and water.
My apologies for the delay and thank you so much for taking the time. You are too kind no doubt. On one hand I think I catch your drift on everything you said and on the other every time I look at my plants I get more confused as to my next step. I want to answer a few questions you had though before I forget.
Topping. I topped Cookie and Coco(the 2 chem cookies) 3 times each and also Charlotte(white widow) but the runt named Candy(other widow) only twice because never seemed to respond right to it and still seems a mess. I think it is genetics. Just grows leaves out of leaves out of leaves with no growth at all like the other 3. I topped all 4 of them above the 4 node and took the branches below and tried to spoke them away from the side with the mains to offset the weight and spacing. Whelp everything seemed to be working till I realized it was a stupid idea lmao It makes no sense and it turned things into more of a bonsai game then something to do because it makes sense or you should.

When you talk about height for scrog of 18-24" is that from the soil?
So I think hear you about the Trellis vs an actual scrog. I just put up my trellis to see how it would look and now I don't even know if want to use it lol. Wow what a hassle and it is all cause it is a stretchy trellis net and not something like a scrog. Starting to learn more lessons than I bargained for. The trellis net leaves gapping holes on all 4 side for the plants to just grow around. Maybe I can get some light but rigid poles and attach them to the sides and tie trellis to them so it fits the tent. My reasoning for wanting to use the trellis was to keep an even canopy but now I can see how this isn't the answer to that and will just help them stand up a bit. I guess I will sort of use the net to lst each top into their own square.
Flushing. I thought if I should flush it should be while the plants are mobile and I can still take them to a bathtub or sink to do it. I was going to flush because I thought I was supposed to because I used liquid nutes and they can build up and cause nute lockout and or burn? Speaking of that, I have some leaves that appear not happy and quite a few leaf tips that seem burned either from light or maybe something else. I have dimmed the light a bit over the last 24-36 so hopefully it is just heat related but ehh I don't know I think it is a deficiency. It seems to be mainly on just one plant. Hope it is not the beginning of something. Do you think it is a mistake to flush them before flip to flower?
If I am going to flip the lights to flower not this eve but tomorrow eve, should I do a crazy defoliation before hand? Like basically strip them of everything but the tops and a couple leafs below them?

Could this be a cal/mag deficiency?

20220319 200005
20220319 204251
20220319 204319
Last edited:
PerfecTrader

PerfecTrader

Sorry just read your update from today. Why are you propping them up instead of lowering the light? They are going to double in height possibly when you flip
Because they are so short that I won't be able to feed them with a net up. It has been a pain in the arse hand feeding them even without one up. I got 8x8x6 cinder blocks for 1.50 each at HD and I think they may do the trick. Hopefully I don't learn another lesson and they triple in height and I run into space issue hah

Top Bottom