• Thread starter Gettnpacksin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Hps 600w or 2 mars hydro 600w

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
JSmokes420

JSmokes420

My vote is to do 600w on both mh and Hps bulbs. Get the most growth, tighter internodal spacing, and better par. Why would you want to have a weaker light in veg? You want the same strength, just different spectrums for the entire grow. Just start the light a good distance away and slowly work it closer

OldPine

OldPine

My vote is to do 600w on both mh and Hps bulbs. Get the most growth, tighter internodal spacing, and better par. Why would you want to have a weaker light in veg? You want the same strength, just different spectrums for the entire grow. Just start the light a good distance away and slowly work it closer
JSmokes you, of course, make a very good point. My suggestion for starting lower was simply so Packs can get everything else dialed in. Being that this is his first grow, he'll have a lot of moving parts to start.

Obviously, as he gets all of his parameters where he wants them and knows he can mitigate against heat, humidity, etc. and get his nutrient regimen dialed in, then the more wattage, the better.

Packs - this is good advice from JSmokes. There's a million ways to skin this cat. Just because I'd start off slower and lower doesn't mean others would...and there's nothing in the world wrong with hitting the ground racing! It really is going to come down to you weighing your options. What I love about this site is the divergence of strategy and opinion. To me, it's what makes the Farm rich.

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

JSmokes you, of course, make a very good point. My suggestion for starting lower was simply so Packs can get everything else dialed in. Being that this is his first grow, he'll have a lot of moving parts to start.

Obviously, as he gets all of his parameters where he wants them and knows he can mitigate against heat, humidity, etc. and get his nutrient regimen dialed in, then the more wattage, the better.

Packs - this is good advice from JSmokes. There's a million ways to skin this cat. Just because I'd start off slower and lower doesn't mean others would...and there's nothing in the world wrong with hitting the ground racing! It really is going to come down to you weighing your options. What I love about this site is the divergence of strategy and opinion. To me, it's what makes the Farm rich.

I plan on running the tent for a few hours empty to try and get a round about of the heat and other stuff before I place seedlings in there. Is this a good idea or waste of time? And I appreciate all the quick responses I greatly appreciate it I weigh all my options and will choose which I feel more comfortable with

JSmokes420

JSmokes420

Prett
I plan on running the tent for a few hours empty to try and get a round about of the heat and other stuff before I place seedlings in there. Is this a good idea or waste of time? And I appreciate all the quick responses I greatly appreciate it I weigh all my options and will choose which I feel more comfortable with
Pretty sure you can dim down a mongul bulb, so even if you bought the 600 you can run it on 400 dimmed.
Not positive on this as I have only ever ran 1000w lights. That said I run my 1000w de bulbs at 1150 or Turbo. Pretty sure when I first set the grow up I had one ballast accidentally set to 750 and it fired the bulb fine just dimmer.

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

I'm planning on the scrog method and that's where I'm stuck 2 or 4 seeds to start. Temperature I'm not to worried about I live in upstate NY it's a pretty cool climate and I think if I go hps it will help moderate the winter months bc it averages around 0°f.
I have family in saranac lake, if i were you id scope out your local area craigslist for magnetic ballasts with a 600 hps and if you can find one on there great(cooltube hood) IF not buy one off amazon for like 45-50 bucks dude!
Your just starting out and i can promise you that a single 600 hps(i will help you set-up if needed) will get done what you need done for your first grow. You DONT NEED LEDS!

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

I have family in saranac lake, if i were you id scope out your local area craigslist for magnetic ballasts with a 600 hps and if you can find one on there great(cooltube hood) IF not buy one off amazon for like 45-50 bucks dude!
Your just starting out and i can promise you that a single 600 hps(i will help you set-up if needed) will get done what you need done for your first grow. You DONT NEED LEDS!
I have a digital ballast with hood just missing the glass part of the hood not sure if I can purchase something to use in its place. anf I will be definitely looking for help on setting up my ventilation and light inside my tent.when it comes time . Still waiting on my tent to come. And saranac is only an hour away from me I make plenty of trip that way a month. It's very dry up there if u get my jift

THELORAX802

THELORAX802

Its harvest season...there shouldnt be a shortage of flowers imho.........Never been an issue before but who knows maybe trump just bought up a shit ton of herbs lmao just joshin idk man thats weird, some of the best outdoor in the northeast came from that area.......

Gettnpacksin

Gettnpacksin

Its harvest season...there shouldnt be a shortage of flowers imho.........Never been an issue before but who knows maybe trump just bought up a shit ton of herbs lmao just joshin idk man thats weird, some of the best outdoor in the northeast came from that area.......
My cousin goes to the college up there in saranac so just a different crowd. But I met one local supplier and wasn't very happy with the quality. That's when the movement started. Haha. 10for local Reggie or 10for head/kush you can see where I'm going with this. if your ever in the area get at me definitely wouldn't mind sesssshing

Top Bottom