1st grow, half way almost done 3 weeks flower, advice on seedlings, and yellow spots.

• Thread starter EastCoastGrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

Alien Abductee

That looks like classic p lockout and it looks like your ph fluxes, soil or hydro p lockout looks the same.

In the pics I can see both high and low ph stress. Sometimes, I get that when I raise or lower the ph to quickly, even if its in healthy range. Maybe something to keep an eye on. I am starting dwc waterfarm, so mind if I ask what your ph range is?

A

Alien Abductee

Some indications your ph is off. The clawing.. where the leaf is flat and the tips curl under. This is an indication that your ph is too low, if you see the tips starting to claw, your ph is around 5.0. tips curling up, edge curling or canoeing or your tips turn yellow and point slightly up, it is probably around 6.3 or higher.

If you see these conditions worsen, you may be able to adjust it before the plant stops growing.

When corrected the plant normally spikes in growth as it was waiting for 1 component to grow.

If your fluxing all the time, from using a shaker, it will be hard to get the leaf back to its orignal state, it can take several days to flatten back out straight. the yellowing tips usually never go away, and are perm.

E

EastCoastGrow

so the almost camo yellow spots on the leaves arnt a killer? this is my first grow and im freakin out

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Isn't clawing over or under ferting with N? Also High temps will cause it. Check your temps. If not that then flush for 2-3 days then feed at 1/2 strength.

Don't stress. It's just a plant.

G

GirlCarny

You should also read this thread. Granted your using a Kodak camera as opposed to a cell phone, but you should still play as safe as possible.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

What do your roots look like? Just my standard DWC question.
You say you run DWC, yes? Like a bubble bucket? Typically, water culture systems use a lower strength nutrient feed solution, then other forms of hydroponics. It does look like over fertilization lockout to me. How are you determining how much of your nutes to add to your feed solution? Is there a way that you can pop for a proper ppm meter? Without it you are kinda guessing.

-TF

Tokenblack

Tokenblack

First Photo-Copper deficiency, flush your current nute batch and add another with the water from penny and dime soaked water (yes i know it sounds ridiculous). Then reset your PPM and pH of the water before adding your current weekly amount of nutes and keep rolling.....yet in the next photo....

Second Photo-Im guessing that those spots couldnt be mites but are just the beginning of trichromes, yet i dont wanna touch that one because i cant see close enough....

Photo 5,6,7 Either Nitrogen deficiency (either way ya gotta flush out ya current water culture and "light-bleach" clean out your hydrated clay pellets if your using them in accordance with your rockwool fiber (thats been soaked in "Dutchmaster's A.P.S. solution...*hint hint*)

(((BUT MOST OF ALL))) what your plants are growing through seems to look like plain old "LEAF SEPTORIA" basically the outside of your house of area of growing is harboring alot of moisture in the air from either a constant rainy season or your growing where there seems to be more snow than oxygen.

Solution-portable humidifier and a better exhaust-boosting fan with good oscillating fans on all four sides of your room.

Hope that helps...send me more closeup pics and ill do what i can to help ya in anyway, keep up the good work.

"Ya gotta crawl before ya walk"

Third photo-Potassium deficiency, up you flowering micro nutes and watch the water temp, enviro temp, and humidity.

A

Alien Abductee

Maybe your res temp too high? what is the temp of the solution and room? It maybe not enough o2 on your roots. Is there a white slime in your res water? If the root system is damaged it will cause uptake issues and cause what I see in the pictures. Most common its ph lockout, but we may have to entertain root troubles. It can look like def. cause it cant uptake correctly.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
flush when showing signs of over feeding also. Not just before harvest.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

TokenBlack is always on it.. whenever I have an issue I'm hittin you up TokenB
:bong2:

E

EastCoastGrow

token and alien thanks alll for all the advice
ive been flushing for the past 4 days

100_5844.JPG
100_5843.JPG
100_5846.JPG
100_5841.JPG
100_5834.JPG

roots are stained brown from FLORA NOVA i used for first week of bloom :mad0233:

A

Alien Abductee

Pics to me, look like lack of o2 on the roots. The curling under with yellowing, kinda makes me think it is possible that it is.

Whats the temp of the water? Water loses its ability to hold o2 when it gets around 70ish, so make sure its kept 70 or under.

Its so hard to look at pics and tell though, but that is my best guess.

A

Alien Abductee

I think I can see the pattern in the yellowing, and it seems like its going from bottom up. I am making some assumptions though, like the yellow cola in the front is from the bottom of the plant. If you can look and that is the case, that would follow the pattern of N def or o2 uptake.

E

EastCoastGrow

i flushed it and changed the water today and added half nutrients

Top Bottom