1st Grow, Let Me Know What You Think

• Thread starter stickythumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MamaBear

I bet it's starting to really smell good too! If you can pin down the smells, it might help you figure out what they are.

stickythumb

stickythumb

They are smelling terrific! One of them smells kinda fruity, while the other has a musty skunky odor to it, I believe the one that smells fruity, could possibly be Tangerine Kush.

M

MamaBear

I'll say 1-2 oz. Hard to tell since they still got a ways to go. And we don't know what kind of bud formation they'll have (big fat buds or thin long ones).

stickythumb

stickythumb

I'll say 1-2 oz. Hard to tell since they still got a ways to go. And we don't know what kind of bud formation they'll have (big fat buds or thin long ones).
Honestly I'd be extatic if they produce a couple oz. It wouldn't be a let down for my first grow :)
:D:smoking:

stickythumb

stickythumb

More pics. My wife is suprised that the room doesn't overwhelming smell. If you get close enough, you can smell the individual odors, shouldn't they be producing more of an odor at this point? Or is it because there are only two plants?

20161028 154448
20161028 154454
20161028 154518
20161028 154536
20161029 103234
20161029 103314
20161029 103346
20161029 103414
20161029 103522
M

MamaBear

The big stink comes out when they are finishing. Once the buds stop growing (putting out new pistils) and start getting ripe, the funk will come out. I'm betting the fruity one won't be so bad but the other one - you said was musty skunky - that one will probably be the stinker!

stickythumb

stickythumb

The big stink comes out when they are finishing. Once the buds stop growing (putting out new pistils) and start getting ripe, the funk will come out. I'm betting the fruity one won't be so bad but the other one - you said was musty skunky - that one will probably be the stinker!
Right on! Thank you for the info. We had no idea

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I know it's almost impossible to tell, but what do you think these two plants could yield?
I have been lurking since you posted this thread. I must give you props for what looks to be a great 1st grow and with minimal cfl lighting. I have a buddy with just a few more watts of cfl in a small tent and he kills it for the amount of light. Nice job thus far. If you are open to suggestions I would offer that if you stay with the same setup/lighting on your next run while in veg stage shave their legs and gut that lower growth before you flip to flower. Go slow dont defoliate too much too soon. What this will do is take what will be larf and fluffy popcorn buds and will send the energy to the upper tops that are getting more light. cfl canopy penetration isnt all that great. So if you eliminate all that lower growth then flip a week later it will actually increase your yield. All that lower scruff is actually robbing a lot of the plants energy and truth be known the lower stuff will not really produce much. I hope this helps.:)

stickythumb

stickythumb

I have been lurking since you posted this thread. I must give you props for what looks to be a great 1st grow and with minimal cfl lighting. I have a buddy with just a few more watts of cfl in a small tent and he kills it for the amount of light. Nice job thus far. If you are open to suggestions I would offer that if you stay with the same setup/lighting on your next run while in veg stage shave their legs and gut that lower growth before you flip to flower. Go slow dont defoliate too much too soon. What this will do is take what will be larf and fluffy popcorn buds and will send the energy to the upper tops that are getting more light. cfl canopy penetration isnt all that great. So if you eliminate all that lower growth then flip a week later it will actually increase your yield. All that lower scruff is actually robbing a lot of the plants energy and truth be known the lower stuff will not really produce much. I hope this helps.:)
I was just thinking about that earlier on in the day, should have done some more pruning, but now that I'm in the 4th week of flower I knew I couldn't do it now. Lessons learned everyday! Thank you for the advice, and I will most certainly keep it in mind the next go around :)

Dunge

Dunge

It's never too late to trim a small bud.
Dig in there and find a few.
Not only will the future growth be shifted into bigger buds, but you won't need to deal with all the larf at harvest.

M

MamaBear

Looking great - getting frosty!! I bet you're itching to smoke it!! ;)
Just a little longer and then you'll need a bit of patience to get through drying/curing.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Just a little longer and then you'll need a bit of patience to get through drying/curing.
There looking really good mate keep up the great growing I wish we had smell a vision .

stickythumb

stickythumb

Oh man am I! It'll all be worth it in the end, definitely teaching me patience:)

Top Bottom