1st hydro canna coco grow

• Thread starter Tsunami Rose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

it can be used in a foliar spray. ur doing very good on a first grow. thats probly a 24k btu not sure where ur located but theres a good chance youll need to ugrade that in the summer if not sooner

is that a door? try cutting some mylar into a strip and put the black side facing out around the inside of the frame

Thanks :] Ive been doing a lot of research, & its actually the 3rd grow in this room, 2 were done over the summer & the temps stayed... mehh :/ but its the last run in the house so no more upgrades or CO2:[ My stuff will probably start getting taken if anything. Im in the Bay.

Yeah thats a door., and I will do that, sorry to sound like such a stupid girl, but what is mylar? Ive got some like spongy strips type stuff & spray foam. Ill work on sealing it up- "where is a man when I need one?" almost just popped out of my mouth lololol, Miss Independent here =] :icon_animal26:

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Flipped 1/2 the OSP & Purp Mr Nice

Day 1 Flower for these Old School Purps& Purple Mr Nice

3 more days veg for these Old School Purps

Here's how they look normally, HPS makes them look weird.

Can anyone tell me why these leaves are curling? The pH was at 6.45 when they fed, maybe a little too high? I also hit them with Floramite 2 days ago. It's T4, btw.

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

After doing a little research, or stumbling upon a random blog, I think that the leaf yellow/curling is due to pH fluctuation. Anyone agree? I also gave the reses a total of 30mL calmag, so hopefully they start to green up a little.

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

New growth is yello

So this is an example of the babies yellowing:

I think it could be one of the following things,
-Lights are too close, but they are 2 ft at least above clones,
-Lack of CalMag, they have like 1mL/gal right now,
-Too much shifting in pH
-Under feeding? The ppm's are between 60-90

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Use a Doktor Doom Fogger!!! They are amazing and safe for your lady's if you follow the instructions. I personally took on 22 of my good brothers women because he had to go sit down. They were infested with pider mites and infected my entire room and a portion of the surrounding area. I used watered down alchohol as per a oppinion on one site as it evaporates and doesnt hur the plant but kills the mites. That it does but when thier eggs hatch the cycle begins again. Doktor Doom with one used cleared the entire area and Ive had no problems since. I fully endorse thier product.

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Use a Doktor Doom Fogger!!! They are amazing and safe for your lady's if you follow the instructions. I personally took on 22 of my good brothers women because he had to go sit down. They were infested with pider mites and infected my entire room and a portion of the surrounding area. I used watered down alchohol as per a oppinion on one site as it evaporates and doesnt hur the plant but kills the mites. That it does but when thier eggs hatch the cycle begins again. Doktor Doom with one used cleared the entire area and Ive had no problems since. I fully endorse thier product.

Thanks for the advise, I actually sprayed with Floramite & it knocked them out, then I did a Neem spray the other day, even tho i didnt actually see any mites.
Im probably going to spray again in a couple days w/ an Azatrol & Azamax solution. Then hopefully I will stay bug free!!!! :icon_spin:

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Updates

The Jacks are looking much healthier (2 rows on right)
Purple Kush is the left row

Front Row is Purple Kush
The rest is Bubba Kush, looking so nice, maybe still a little underfed? ppms are at around 100 & being boosted like 10-20 everyday

Old School Purple Kush, :D

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

What's up Rose, long time no see. Plant's look great. bump up the ppm on those clones for sure. I hit my plants hard after a few weeks. They strain for a little bit but always bounce back. Try monterey insect spray if you haven't. I have problems with bugs so i incorporated this stuff into a foliar feed cycle. I mix it mild and i haven't had bugs (except white flies) since. It's also organic. Nonetheless, looking great.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Looking good.

few tips:

When you started out your plants in coco you were giving them straight water. I get the best results using 5ml per gallon cal/mg . (If using reverse osmosis water I use calmg every watering/feeding until last 2 weeks)

That will help the yellowing from happening. (see how on previous page the edges of the bubba's leaves are yellow)

I also like to pre-treat the coco with some cal/mg and a light feed before I stick plants in the coco.

Reason is this, If there is insufficient cal/mg the coco will leach it from the plants. They will recover but I find they do better if I pre-treat the coco before putting plants in the coco.

Your soil nutrient plan looks good. I have used the same in coco and gotten great results. Only difference is I used overdrive and carbs.

As far as using what you got:
I would hit the plants with the guardian MY up to the 2nd week of flower. That will help the roots to thrive and help to protect the plants against disease.

Since you got it, use hygrozyme every 2 weeks.

Using the overdrive at the end will harden the buds up. I have also used gravity in combination with overdrive, as a tip I would keep it simple and just use one to start. Less is more sometimes.

I agree with winta to cut the silica by week 4.

Liquid carboload can be uses and not effect the taste.
If you like your buds to taste like cotton candy then can use bud candy instead of carboload. Just my personal opinion. Some like bud candy some do not.

if you feel daring, May want to try some plants with certain nutes and some without. Then you can determine what you like. (example: test with bud candy and without) But then again, that may make things more complicated. I like to keep it simple. Keep is simple is safe and then can try more testing later.

To be safe, I flush coco every 2 weeks then feed with 50% strength solution after.

Walk before you run, better safe than sorry. imho.

Looking forward to those flowers :)

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

What's up Rose, long time no see. Plant's look great. bump up the ppm on those clones for sure. I hit my plants hard after a few weeks. They strain for a little bit but always bounce back. Try monterey insect spray if you haven't. I have problems with bugs so i incorporated this stuff into a foliar feed cycle. I mix it mild and i haven't had bugs (except white flies) since. It's also organic. Nonetheless, looking great.

Yeah Ive been stoned & not really motivated to take pic lol. I dont have the monterey insect spray, but I do have everything else in the world. Also, the mites are gone so Im just going to try and not have to spray & then introduce lady bugs later on if necessary. Well, Ill probably spray one more time.
&& Thanks for stopping by again!

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Looking good.

few tips:

When you started out your plants in coco you were giving them straight water. I get the best results using 5ml per gallon cal/mg . (If using reverse osmosis water I use calmg every watering/feeding until last 2 weeks)

That will help the yellowing from happening. (see how on previous page the edges of the bubba's leaves are yellow)

I also like to pre-treat the coco with some cal/mg and a light feed before I stick plants in the coco.

Reason is this, If there is insufficient cal/mg the coco will leach it from the plants. They will recover but I find they do better if I pre-treat the coco before putting plants in the coco.

Your soil nutrient plan looks good. I have used the same in coco and gotten great results. Only difference is I used overdrive and carbs.

As far as using what you got:
I would hit the plants with the guardian MY up to the 2nd week of flower. That will help the roots to thrive and help to protect the plants against disease.

Since you got it, use hygrozyme every 2 weeks.

Using the overdrive at the end will harden the buds up. I have also used gravity in combination with overdrive, as a tip I would keep it simple and just use one to start. Less is more sometimes.

I agree with winta to cut the silica by week 4.

Liquid carboload can be uses and not effect the taste.
If you like your buds to taste like cotton candy then can use bud candy instead of carboload. Just my personal opinion. Some like bud candy some do not.

if you feel daring, May want to try some plants with certain nutes and some without. Then you can determine what you like. (example: test with bud candy and without) But then again, that may make things more complicated. I like to keep it simple. Keep is simple is safe and then can try more testing later.

To be safe, I flush coco every 2 weeks then feed with 50% strength solution after.

Walk before you run, better safe than sorry. imho.

Looking forward to those flowers :)

Wow, thanks for all this great info leadsled!
Okay, I will up the calmag asap & ppms asap. I bought some PK 13/14 & Boost today at the hydro store & Im going to be adding 25mL of the boost to each reservoir everyday for the next four days (total of 2mL pk 13/14/gal), then on day 12 Im going to introduce the Boost. Recommended to run at 16mL/gal, i think im going to start with 5mL/g then work it up to 10mL/g.

I will definitely add the overdrive to the end of my feeding schedule then, what dosage to you recommend? I will hit the girls with the guardian MY today w/ just RO then. Hygrozyme every 2 weeks sounds great, dosage & should I do it w/ just RO or add it in with my nutes?

Maybe I will use the Bud Candy for the soil under the thousand & Carboload under my 600 in a different room. Yes, I will do that for sure. Carboload dosage?

Im also flushing my reses once every 3 weeks, since it is extremely hard for me to do. The guy at the hydro store said it would be fine since the canna line is a lot "cleaner" than most other brands.

Thanks again for all your input, I can't wait to see some flowers either.!

B

brookstown

What's up Rose, Try monterey insect spray if you haven't. I have problems with bugs so i incorporated this stuff into a foliar feed cycle. I mix it mild and i haven't had bugs

this is the shit

A

Albert

nice setup Rose,

Do you prefer top drip over flood-n-drain?
I ask cause thats a packed tray, it seems like it'd be easier to flood than drip on the setup.

leadsled --- digging that cal/mag soak tip

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

nice setup Rose,

Do you prefer top drip over flood-n-drain?
I ask cause thats a packed tray, it seems like it'd be easier to flood than drip on the setup.

leadsled --- digging that cal/mag soak tip

Well the thing is, my hoses run for 7minutes 2x a day, and in that 7 months the tray fills up pretty high, which is kind of nice for the hoses that get plugged with coco fibers. I think when i flush & wash out my trays i may just not put the hoses back in & let it flood n drain instead. This system is kind of a dumb waste of time, much more efficient ways to feed I think. But don't get me wrong, I LOVE IT!!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Nice grow room Tsunami Rose! Just read through the entire thread and it seems like you've got a lot of great advice... Looking forward to your next picture update... I'll be standing in the back as all the seats seem to be taken at this point... :cool

Latest posts

Top Bottom