1st hydro canna coco grow

• Thread starter Tsunami Rose
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Welcome Shady

Nice grow room Tsunami Rose! Just read through the entire thread and it seems like you've got a lot of great advice... Looking forward to your next picture update... I'll be standing in the back as all the seats seem to be taken at this point... :cool

Im so glad you stopped by man, i saw you on everyone elses diary! Hope you enjoy, im going to post pics in a minute, everything is looking sooo great!

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Picture Update !! =]

t1- left row is Purple Kush,the rest are bubba's
I used only rhizotonic &calmag on these girls for the first 5 days, just started introducing PK 13/14 & A&B

t2- All bubba kush, used a mix of rhizotonic, calmag & A&B from the get go. Started introducing PK 13/14

t3- All bubba kush, used only A&B + calmag.

t4- Mostly Jack Herer, right & back rows are Purple Kush, fed w/ rhizo, calmag, a&b, only .5mL/gal PK 13/14

t5- All Jack's. Fed w/ rhizo, a&b, calmag, PK 13/14

One nice looking Old School Purple Kush

SOG Soil, OSPK

My Old School Purps & Purple Mr Nice's under the 600 watt HPS, there temp is between 64- 68 & theres nothing I can do about it.

Can I just add that I am soooo pleased!! :smiley_joint:

Any questions, concerns, or criticism, I would love it!!

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Im so glad you stopped by man, i saw you on everyone elses diary! Hope you enjoy, im going to post pics in a minute, everything is looking sooo great!
Ahhh you're far too kind... :blush I'm addicted to grow journals... Feel free to stop by mine sometime. My grow room is much smaller than yours, but I'm working on an upgrade... Luckily there's some eye candy there to keep you busy... Anyways, it looks like you're rocking and rolling now... Keep up the hard work and good notes!

T

Tdawg

I thought pH in coco was suppose to be around ~5.8 nice grow!

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

hello tdawg.

I thought pH in coco was suppose to be around ~5.8 nice grow!

Hey tdawg thanks for stopping in. & yeah i think 5.8 is super ideal. I usually drop mine down to 5.5 with lemon juice & then let the canna naturally buff it back up to 5.8, sometimes it will get up to 6.2 if i keep letting it cycle through (feed) without adding any nutes or pHup/down. & then it will just stay there, but i usually need to add more RO H20 or nutes by then & then adjust it.

I have noticed that by boosting my ppms up to 300 within 2-3 days (added A&B, CalMag, PK13/14) that many of the jacks have legitimately doubled in size & are growing like an inch a day. I was trying to take pics in the dark so that you can see the true greenness they all have. but only one pic turned out & its bubba kush & purple Kush. The leaves are drooping because the lights are off and its like 65 * in the room so my bitches are cold!

*Some of the bubba kush have purple stalk/stems (not talking about leaves), anyone know what it's from? I think it may be the ones that the hoses don't work (super great). So they just fill up a few inches in the bottom & the roots haven't fully made it to the super wet coco yet?

They are starting to have little hairs I will take pix tonight when the lights are on. The soil looks soooooooooo healthy :D

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Holes in my leaves!!! :[

I went to feed this morning in the dark & there were like 5 leaves that had been shriveled up like / with holes in them. I didnt see any bugs but it kind of looks like something has been munching on them, idk?. The temp is low, between 60-68*
Red circle

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Picture Update

Alright! Today (12/3) Is my 13th day of flower under the 1000 HPS (hydro & 1 light of soil)
Tray 1 Bubba Kush (left row is Purple Kush)

Tray 2 Bubba Kush

Tray 3 Bubba Kush

Tray 4 Jack Herer,

Ridiculously stretched out JH

Purple Kush

Tray 5 Jack Herer

Soil Day 13 Old School Purple Kush

Soil Day 15 (600 watt HPS) OSPK

25 or so plants under the 600, 4 Purple Mr Nice in all the corners

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

As a veteran farmer once told me, "try and adjust your white meter a bit so we can see some candy." Looks great though. Ppm's and ph? I'm trying to make a coco coir regimen.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
So far, so good... Well except for the yellow haze under the HPS... :thinking

Anyways, I predict some potential issues with canopy management on the Bubba Kush and Jack Herer trays... The smaller clones on each respective tray will be quickly choked out by the upper canopy of the adjacent taller clones. Once this happens, it will be hard to keep up the stretch and development of the shorter clones without sufficient direct light. If it were me, I'd rearrange the pots accordingly based on the lights location above and adapt to the situation... :itwasntme

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

As a veteran farmer once told me, "try and adjust your white meter a bit so we can see some candy." Looks great though. Ppm's and ph? I'm trying to make a coco coir regimen.

My trays are running a pH between 5.6-6.1(at the highest) They have been right around 5.8 lately :] Ppm is at about 400, some have rhizotonic, a&b, calmag, PK 13/14, others just a&b, cal mag & a small amount of PK. The large jacks are around 450. Im kind of going to follow canna's feeding schedule, but at a lower ppm. Probably 800 ppm. Also going to change water at day 21, to start running a&b & boost.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Thx for stopping by my thread Tsunami Rose... Hopefully you know I was teasin' you about the yellow Picts under the HPS. If your camera has a custom White Meter setting, all you have to do is hold a white object under the HPS, at arm length from the camera, then press the custom white meter button. It will adjust the color using white as the baseline... :cool

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Thx for stopping by my thread Tsunami Rose... Hopefully you know I was teasin' you about the yellow Picts under the HPS. If your camera has a custom White Meter setting, all you have to do is hold a white object under the HPS, at arm length from the camera, then press the custom white meter button. It will adjust the color using white as the baseline... :cool

Cool Shady, thanks for the advise, yeah i know you were just giving me shit lol, my camera sucks!! Im super aware lol. And yeah I rearranged all my jacks I will take pix tmrw or something. :]

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Quick Update.

Hey guys sorry it's been so long since I've updated!
It's day 23 under my 1000watt & day 25 of flower under the 600.
Everything is looking beautiful & I'm almost done with flushing all of my reses. I will take pics soon, promise, but my camera is just so shitty...!:doh

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Sorry it's been so long, Picture Update !!

So it's day 32 of flower in my room w/ 6 1000 wt HPS. (Day 34 under 600 wt)
I stripped them all bare naked today so I could take nice pictures of my jungle. :]

Here is one of the nicer Old School Purple Kushes:

& all of the OSPK under the 1000 watt HPS.

Ive been feeding them with PbPBloom, Liquid Karma, CalMag & Bud candy. Ph'd between 5.7/8, about 750 ppm. They seem to be loving it. Also, I am going to feed my soil w/ 5mL/gal Hygrozyme, along with the other nutes previously mentioned tomorrow.

Ive been feeding my hydro w/ A&B, canna's BOOST, & Cal Mag after the first flush. Right now there is about 400mL of A & B, 250mL Boost & 200 mL CalMag added to all of the reses, plus about 5 gallons of RO water every couple of days. I also boost the ppm by about 100-150 every couple of days, let it feed through 3-6 cycles, then add more nutes. My plants feed 2x/day, once at 6pm when lights turn on & once at 4 am for like 7 minutes i think. (its late, im tired, stoned & cant remember dick) Any more questions? I also ran rhizotonic in the begining weeking of veg & flower & PK 13/14 for the last week of my first batch of water. (Im only flushing my reses 3x throughout this grow.) There is no rhizo or PK in my nutrient solution currently.
& Now on to the crazy tray of Jack Herer.
I put all of the biggest Jacks into this tray & have the light about a foot & a half away from the ceiling. These bitches just wont stop growing. & they have like 3-5 inches between internodes, but I still love them. :] ph-5.65, 664 ppm

The biggest one:

Her roots:

Tray of smaller Jacks, ph-5.59, 576 ppm, 67.8*F

Purple Kush on the front right ^^
Jack Herer:

Purple Kush are the 10 closest to the front edge of the tray, the rest are Bubba Kush (below) ph-5.59, 588ppm, 67.4*F

Bubba Kush ph-5.56, 624ppm, 68.4*F

One of the nicer BK's

Kind of a shitty pic, but Bubba Kush

Sorry it took so long for me to update. My shits been looking like a crazy jungle & I finally got all my green cleaning done tonight.
:party0023: & :bong-hits:

Hope you guys enjoy!

NeoMarius

NeoMarius

Cool Shady, thanks for the advise, yeah i know you were just giving me shit lol, my camera sucks!! Im super aware lol. And yeah I rearranged all my jacks I will take pix tmrw or something. :]

Dont let that picture whore get you down LOL. I got a shit camera too and Shady rides my ass over it as well. Guy spent more on his camera then he did on his lights hahaha. Just bustin ya bowls Shady.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Wow, thanks for all this great info leadsled!
Okay, I will up the calmag asap & ppms asap. I bought some PK 13/14 & Boost today at the hydro store & Im going to be adding 25mL of the boost to each reservoir everyday for the next four days (total of 2mL pk 13/14/gal), then on day 12 Im going to introduce the Boost. Recommended to run at 16mL/gal, i think im going to start with 5mL/g then work it up to 10mL/g.
Sorry I took so long to respond to your questions. Looks like you got things worked out. Looking good in there!

Q. I will definitely add the overdrive to the end of my feeding schedule then, what dosage to you recommend?

A. I used the old bottle of overdrive so dosages are for that.
If you are still going to use it I go 10 ml per gallon week 7 and 9 ml per gallon on week 8 on a 63-70 day run. 9-10 weeks of flower..

overdrive is applied week 7-8 for 10week strain
week 6-7 for 8-9 weeks strain

Should be pretty close for bubba kush, some strains can go a little higher some a little lower on dosage. 7ml /6ml)

Can always start lower and then bring it up. Easier to add, cant take away burning.

Q. I will hit the girls with the guardian MY today w/ just RO then. Hygrozyme every 2 weeks sounds great, dosage & should I do it w/ just RO or add it in with my nutes?

A. 5ml per gallon.
Some people peak at 8ml week 4-6 then reduce back to 5ml.
I am sticking with the 5ml per gallon.

Will work fine either way, during watering or with nutes.

Q. Maybe I will use the Bud Candy for the soil under the thousand & Carboload under my 600 in a different room. Yes, I will do that for sure. Carboload dosage?

A. Good idea. Lots of people who love sweet flavors love the bud candy. I am always asking for peoples opinions. Goes both ways, so always best to find out for yourself! double check the facts etc.

Liquid carbo load I used like so on a strain like bubba. other sensitive feeders reduce by 25% or more
3ml a gallon then peak at 5ml per gallon.
week 1-2: 2ml gallon
week 3: 3ml per gallon
week 4-6: 5 ml per gallon
week 7: 3ml per gallon
week 8: 2ml per gallon

Another good idea to have same strain with and without carboload.

Im also flushing my reses once every 3 weeks, since it is extremely hard for me to do. The guy at the hydro store said it would be fine since the canna line is a lot "cleaner" than most other brands.

Thanks again for all your input, I can't wait to see some flowers either.!

The flush tip was more general advice as a precaution. I have gone a cycle without flushing til the harvest, all depends on the runoff and whether I went "too hot" on the nute levels or not. When I say flush, what I mean is just enough water to bring the run-off back down in ec/ppm. no need to run 3-4 times the volume of water if not needed.

as a precaution, I try to check runoff at least 1x a week. Then judge whether to flush and/or whether or not to increase ec/ppm.

Are your temps always below 70f?
what temps you have lights on and off?
you mentioned 65f at night
Do you monitor max and minimum temps?

if so mind sharing them?
cold temps could explain why some of the stems are purpling.
To cold of temps could limit uptake.

Looking Good, alot of work to take care of all those plants + different mediums and feeding. k+

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Sorry I took so long to respond to your questions. Looks like you got things worked out. Looking good in there!

Are your temps always below 70f?
what temps you have lights on and off?

if so mind sharing them?

Looking Good, alot of work to take care of all those plants + different mediums and feeding. k+

Thanks Lead!

Q. Are your temps always below 70f?
A. No, but they dont ever go above 80f.
Q.what temps you have lights on and off?
A. On- 72-78f, Off- 60-65f, depending on if I switch my a/c off when lights are off and just let the intake do its job.
Yeah, somewhere below that. was at 63f today.
*** what are the ideal night temps? I do have a few purple strains in this room, along with the jacks. (Which btw are suuuper dense.)
if so mind sharing them?

I dont actually monitor/record my room temps but they stay between 60-78f, night/day so they do usually have a good 10-15 degree fluctuation daily. I do record my reservoir temps tho, and they stay between 67-69, 68f being ideal.

BTW, im only using CANNA products w/ my hydro. (Jacks, Purple Kush, Bubba kush)
Soil is Old School Purple Kush & Purple Mr Nice.

I never used the guardian MY :/, but i think my girls are doing good, & im not flushing with anything except RO in the hydro trays., I will use some sensizyme(?) the first week of flush with the soil tho.
I am running my 1000wt OSPK (soil) w/ Bud candy & the 600 wt (soil) OSPK w/ carboload & i absolutely cannot wait to see the difference.
& I will start using the overdrive on the soil as soon as it;s ready. 54 day strain, day 34, is it too late?! Im going to feed tomorrow. I will add it to my feeding schedule.
The run off from my trays goes back into the res so there is no waste, and I check the pH/ppm's of the reses every day or other day.
&& thankfully now most of the hard work is done! Pretty much just waiting to start havesting in 20 days or so :D

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

Bay area farmers:

Hey guys I know this forum is for privacy &/or whatever, but if anyone needs a good (cute, funny) trimmer chick, PM me with your number/email. I'm kinda broke, but I would rather just work for herb.
Peace&Love,
Nami.

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
Dont let that picture whore get you down LOL. I got a shit camera too and Shady rides my ass over it as well. Guy spent more on his camera then he did on his lights hahaha. Just bustin ya bowls Shady.
:D Hahaa damn... Almost, I got my Sony DSC F-717 (5 Mega Pixel) about 8 yrs ago for $700... Shit I could get a sweet 10 MP DSLR for that price right now...

So it's day 32 of flower in my room w/ 6 1000 wt HPS. (Day 34 under 600 wt)
I stripped them all bare naked today so I could take nice pictures of my jungle. :]
Are you saying that you pruned the oldest fan leaves? :wondering

Hey guys I know this forum is for privacy &/or whatever, but if anyone needs a good (cute, funny) trimmer chick, PM me with your number/email. I'm kinda broke, but I would rather just work for herb.
Peace&Love,
Nami.
Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Nami... Many of us are strapped for cash in this crappy economy. Whatever you do, be safe and cautious... :thinking

Tsunami Rose

Tsunami Rose

:D
Are you saying that you pruned the oldest fan leaves? :wondering

Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Nami... Many of us are strapped for cash in this crappy economy. Whatever you do, be safe and cautious... :thinking

Hey shady.
Hell yeah I green cleaned the shit out of my girls. Otherwise there would have been no light getting into the bottom branches. Im trying to pull 2 pounds out of these trays, not just one. :P
&Thanks!! Happy holidaze to you too :]

Top Bottom