1st time grower. How am I doing? Any suggestions?

• Thread starter Vegavin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

Vegavin

Nice job bro but u should lst it since u still newish still. Its easiest way to train plant till u get better at it and learn other ways.all u do is make holes around pot or find way to bend the plant without snapping it so the top is pointing semi down and that's it. I'll keep grow just keep tie down new branches. And shape it how u want it .and trim fan leave hear and there so ligh can penetrate.
I have been doing low stress training. In a 2x2 tent. Just about out of width as well. I started lst late and had to top plant to gain height. Light does not have dimmer switch.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
ok well i’ve skimmed through the thread as it’s late and i’m tired..
your 4 weeks into flower and there’s not much you can do other than just get her to the finish, might not look pretty but finished..
no more micro in your feeding..
i’m going to say more guessing though as it’s late, cut the other two nutrients in half of what your giving now..
maybe there’s something to put between light and plant to dim it some at least for a few hours each day..
just wait till that bag is dry! before watering/feeding next…
i think your problem initially started with bad watering practices and the light too close/limited space..
@Vegavin not sure what is going on but i would follow this and get back on track.

V

Vegavin

Yep yep. Keep in mind the corrective things you have done are correct. The heater is causing your issues and making the plant look like it does.
What Temp would you recommend? Tent is in unheated garage, so I need some form of heat in tent. Light does not put off much heat at all. Just spent an hour or so trimming dead leaves and stretching branches. Don't know if that was wise. My thought was that browned curling leaves aren't going to offer much photosynthesis anyway. And I wanted to clear the canopy for light penetration and increased distance to light. I've seen here, people using what looks like pipe cleaners to train branches, anyone know what they are and where top get them?
20220111 173110
20220112 124727
20220112 124731
20220112 124737

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

I have been doing low stress training. In a 2x2 tent. Just about out of width as well. I started lst late and had to top plant to gain height. Light does not have dimmer switch.
Hmm lol u out grew ur tent keep tighing down as long it away from light .send some pics maybe we all can help u achieve ur goal
Just started 4th week, 3 full weeks in flower complete. Have had very little growth in last 2 weeks. Stopped nutes a week ago because I wasn't sure if the issue was nute burn. So I thought I would flush and start over. How long should I flush? Are there any other nute products that are more newbie friendly, less guess work?

Send pic and u probably gave it too much just give it only water for a bit see that works check the run off water that comes out the bottom check the ppm and ph

V

Vegavin

@Vegavin not sure what is going on but i would follow this and get back on track.
Lack of knowledge and experience. Not sure how often to water, or how much. When to give nutes. Reading the signs the plant gives off. Ect... Basically how I have arrived at this point in time.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

What Temp would you recommend? Tent is in unheated garage, so I need some form of heat in tent. Light does not put off much heat at all. Just spent an hour or so trimming dead leaves and stretching branches. Don't know if that was wise. My thought was that browned curling leaves aren't going to offer much photosynthesis anyway. And I wanted to clear the canopy for light penetration and increased distance to light. I've seen here, people using what looks like pipe cleaners to train branches, anyone know what they are and where top get them? View attachment 1205741View attachment 1205737View attachment 1205739View attachment 1205736
Bro get urself a heater for garage asap in veg/growing 77 to 80 82 tops(get two inkbird controls one for temp other for humity and dehumifier)
rh/ humity 65 %to 70 %
flower 77
tops 80 and humity 40 %to50% towards the end lower the humity to 35 %to 40% if still in vegetation guess it good do that trim get more budsites.but dont do that in flower.

V

Vegavin

Hmm lol u out grew ur tent keep tighing down as long it away from light .send some pics maybe we all can help u achieve ur goal

Send pic and u probably gave it too much just give it only water for a bit see that works check the run off water that comes out the bottom check the ppm and ph
Unfortunately, I didn't plan well and planted in a very large house plant that does not drain. Someone had suggested my problem might be over watering. I tipped pot over and didn't get any water come from bottom of pot. So I am assuming I am not drowning the roots. Everyone knows what happens when you do that though. I see now why pots that drain are used.

V

Vegavin

what happend to all the clones?
Only 3 survived and doing so so. only getting tap water. I have to get PH up and down. My tap water is 5.5PH. For that matter I have not been adjusting PH before adding nutrients to flowering plant either. Clones in a 2x4x5 tent with some pails of black berry bushes I am trying to root.
20220112 132946
20220112 133000

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Lack of knowledge and experience. Not sure how often to water, or how much. When to give nutes. Reading the signs the plant gives off. Ect... Basically how I have arrived at this point in time.
What size pot. Say 5 gallon pot I will go with about a gallon of water . U wanna water it but not drench it.No mud thats no bueno. Want it moist all the time. So let it dry pick it up get a feel of pot water it slowly u want to evenly water soil.no pockets that's no bueno also.pick up so now u got the feeling of it waterd. After a day or two soil on top mite b dry depending. If its dry inch to 2 on top water it a bit not too much cuz remember bottom still moist. Dnt wanna drown the plant..and keep it like that evry few days lightly water so soil will never b bine dry. As for nutes. Dont unless u wanna. I say grab urself build soil craft blend some cover crop seeds blackstrap molasses worm casting. U wont need any of that chemicals ull have fresh clean organic flower. Make it easier on ur self.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Unfortunately, I didn't plan well and planted in a very large house plant that does not drain. Someone had suggested my problem might be over watering. I tipped pot over and didn't get any water come from bottom of pot. So I am assuming I am not drowning the roots. Everyone knows what happens when you do that though. I see now why pots that drain are used.
Simple mistake. Try writing down every thing u do for the first few grows. Ull start to see were ur error were etc..

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

What Temp would you recommend? Tent is in unheated garage, so I need some form of heat in tent. Light does not put off much heat at all. Just spent an hour or so trimming dead leaves and stretching branches. Don't know if that was wise. My thought was that browned curling leaves aren't going to offer much photosynthesis anyway. And I wanted to clear the canopy for light penetration and increased distance to light. I've seen here, people using what looks like pipe cleaners to train branches, anyone know what they are and where top get them? View attachment 1205741View attachment 1205737View attachment 1205739View attachment 1205736
Hard to say with the small area you are working with.

V

Vegavin

Bro get urself a heater for garage asap in veg/growing 77 to 80 82 tops(get two inkbird controls one for temp other for humity and dehumifier)
rh/ humity 65 %to 70 %
flower 77
tops 80 and humity 40 %to50% towards the end lower the humity to 35 %to 40% if still in vegetation guess it good do that trim get more budsites.but dont do that in flower.
I have heater in tent. Keep at 78. Don't know how to create humidity though. Dry and cold in garage.
What size pot. Say 5 gallon pot I will go with about a gallon of water . U wanna water it but not drench it.No mud thats no bueno. Want it moist all the time. So let it dry pick it up get a feel of pot water it slowly u want to evenly water soil.no pockets that's no bueno also.pick up so now u got the feeling of it waterd. After a day or two soil on top mite b dry depending. If its dry inch to 2 on top water it a bit not too much cuz remember bottom still moist. Dnt wanna drown the plant..and keep it like that evry few days lightly water so soil will never b bine dry. As for nutes. Dont unless u wanna. I say grab urself build soil craft blend some cover crop seeds blackstrap molasses worm casting. U wont need any of that chemicals ull have fresh clean organic flower. Make it easier on ur self.
It's in a giant 20 gallon house pot. Put it in what I had. Never occurred to me there could be such a thing as to big a planter.
20220112 134537
Actually it was set to 75. Just turned up to 78. I read somewhere I should be dropping temp at night. Guess I forgot to turn it back up. Probably been at 75 for a week. I notice the humidity does goes up a little after I water.

Last edited:
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

I have heater in tent. Keep at 78. Don't know how to create humidity though. Dry and cold in garage.

It's in a giant 20 gallon house pot. Put it in what I had. Never occurred to me there could be such a thing as to big a planter.
Na I mean if u have the space shit with that pot monsters. Heat perfect just look around online or lowes etc... depending how big ur space it figure out ur sq footage get a humidifier to make life way easy
my little ladies just started flower stage

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Na I mean if u have the space shit with that pot monsters. Heat perfect just look around online or lowes etc... depending how big ur space it figure out

It's in a giant 20 gallon house pot. Put it in what I had. Never occurred to me there could be such a thing as to big a planter. View attachment 1205757 Actually it was set to 75. Just turned up to 78. I read somewhere I should be dropping temp at night. Guess I forgot to turn it back up. Probably been at 75 for a week. I notice the humidity does goes up a little after I water.
There u go

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
your in a 20 gallon bag/pot, so that would take roughly 3 gallons of water to water completely..
you would water/soak the whole medium ( i’d do a gallon at a time) with a couple minutes in between.
next feeding give it 5 ml per gallon of each nutrient but not the micro..

V

Vegavin

your in a 20 gallon bag/pot, so that would take roughly 3 gallons of water to water completely..
you would water/soak the whole medium ( i’d do a gallon at a time) with a couple minutes in between.
next feeding give it 5 ml per gallon of each nutrient but not the micro..
never given it that much in 1 watering. Maybe not enough water or nutes? 1-2 gallons at most.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
never given it that much in 1 watering. Maybe not enough water or nutes? 1-2 gallons at most.
do as i say when it’s time to water/feed..
it won’t hurt her.. but make sure that bag is pretty light when you pick it up to feel weight..

Top Bottom