1st time grower, seed problems?

• Thread starter Budw3is3r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LouieV

LouieV

He’s in flower and removing the lower small bids that are not going to be worth it so the focus is on the main colas. Many of my grower friends do this during flower.

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Maybe it's the words that I'm using which is confusing, that's my bad.

Below is the picture with the highlighted "growth tips" that I've been removing.

I'm half way into week 2 flower.

Just looking for advice on if this is still the right thing to do as I've been doing it in veg to concentrate energy into large colas.

Do I continue or stop in flower / at this stage?

@Aqua Man what do you think Wizard?

Bud 👊

20200829 073839
Screenshot 20200829 074738 Chrome
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Maybe it's the words that I'm using which is confusing, that's my bad.

Below is the picture with the highlighted "growth tips" that I've been removing.

I'm half way into week 2 flower.

Just looking for advice on if this is still the right thing to do as I've been doing it in veg to concentrate energy into large colas.

Do I continue or stop in flower / at this stage?

@Aqua Man what do you think Wizard?

Bud 👊
Once you flip stop removing bud sites imo. If you are removing secondary branching up to the tips or close to i feelnit should be done late veg close to flip. After that I personally would keep all growing bud sites.

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Hello Farmers,

Can you please share your target temperature ranges for the flowering stage during lights on and lights off?

As usual, looking on the net and getting 101 answers 🤯

Bud 👊

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello Farmers,

Can you please share your target temperature ranges for the flowering stage during lights on and lights off?

As usual, looking on the net and getting 101 answers 🤯

Bud 👊
Its all a oit leaf temps bud. Buy a cheap IR temp gun. 75-80 77 being ideal. Last 10days to 2 weeks i drop mine to 70-72. That's for lights on just what I do

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Its all a oit leaf temps bud. Buy a cheap IR temp gun. 75-80 77 being ideal. Last 10days to 2 weeks i drop mine to 70-72. That's for lights on just what I do
Thanks @Aqua Man I'm hitting 72 during the lights on and and 63 during lights out.

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

Hello Farmers,

Started the flower phase and am very excited. Guessing the flowering phase will last 8 weeks but no doubt the flowers will dictate.

Have seen some nice growth over the last week.

12 hours of light on and 12 hours off.

pH levels check ✅
PPM 1,000

Using the Remo nutrients and don't know any better, now using the elements in the range that help flowering. Although I did fuck up and add a nutrient that isn't needed 🤨 ("grow").

The heat has been an issue over the last few weeks and no doubt will impact yield but it's calmed down now.

Have been using frozen bottles of water to cool down the reservoir to hit 20°c... every little helps.

My humidity is really high at the moment when the lights are off, will this impact VPD or will it just increase the chances of mould? May have to purchase a dehumidifier.

Will add some more photos later if I have time.

Bud 👊
I would definitely agree with your idea of getting a dehumidifier. Low humidity is not not really a big problem for the plant but high humidity leads to mold or at least an increased chance of it.

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

Thanks @Tornadohunting420 , lesson learnt 👍

Hopefully I haven't fucked it. Thanks for helping.

So am I right in thinking that bud removing in veg is OK so that the flower concentrates its efforts in growing larger colas but as soon as flower comes its just a case of removing the odd fan leaf below the canopy?

Bud 👊
Are you trying to grow the large cola because of yield or because you like growing a big fat bud? In my opinion both are great. If you're going for yield more branches that are receiving light will give you better yields than grow on a giant center cola. If you just want to grow a big Billy club and are less worried about yield That's the way to go.
We focus a lot on yield so I haven't seen a center cola on a plant in a long time. Not to be too basic here but by topping the plant you turn the center cola into one branch but bring up six to eight more below... That number really depends on how long you veg and the size of plants you want. Regardless you get rid of the apical center and the plant will bring up other shoots to replace it and our yields are always better with more tops. For reference we veg for 14 to 18 days so we can only top the plant once but we're more of a vertical wall Sea of Green grow in Rockwool. A 5-ft plant for us at finishes a big one. Most commonly we finish at about 3 to 4ft. Each plant has four to eight main branches most commonly five or six. 64 of these plants gives us anywhere from 13 to 15 lb of dry flower for average yielding plants. Our trace dog for instance yields far better but it's an outlier yield wise.
To tie this all up if we were not to top the plants we would end up with far less weed because we would be trying to have one main cola beat six or eight branches.
My final suggestion is to do a test side by side in your system, with your genetics, with your newts, environment etc. The things we get success with don't necessarily work in all situations. We're a commercial grow we have a totally different outlook than when I'm growing 8 or 12 in my garage etc. Nothing like seeing it for yourself and in the end you'll have a bunch of weed... It's all good.
Cheers
Quindarius

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

I would definitely agree with your idea of getting a dehumidifier. Low humidity is not not really a big problem for the plant but high humidity leads to mold or at least an increased chance of it.
Thanks, at the moment I'm hitting between 45% to 55% of humidity without the aid of a dehumidifier. Do you think I can get away with this?

Bud 👊

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Are you trying to grow the large cola because of yield or because you like growing a big fat bud? In my opinion both are great. If you're going for yield more branches that are receiving light will give you better yields than grow on a giant center cola. If you just want to grow a big Billy club and are less worried about yield That's the way to go.
We focus a lot on yield so I haven't seen a center cola on a plant in a long time. Not to be too basic here but by topping the plant you turn the center cola into one branch but bring up six to eight more below... That number really depends on how long you veg and the size of plants you want. Regardless you get rid of the apical center and the plant will bring up other shoots to replace it and our yields are always better with more tops. For reference we veg for 14 to 18 days so we can only top the plant once but we're more of a vertical wall Sea of Green grow in Rockwool. A 5-ft plant for us at finishes a big one. Most commonly we finish at about 3 to 4ft. Each plant has four to eight main branches most commonly five or six. 64 of these plants gives us anywhere from 13 to 15 lb of dry flower for average yielding plants. Our trace dog for instance yields far better but it's an outlier yield wise.
To tie this all up if we were not to top the plants we would end up with far less weed because we would be trying to have one main cola beat six or eight branches.
My final suggestion is to do a test side by side in your system, with your genetics, with your newts, environment etc. The things we get success with don't necessarily work in all situations. We're a commercial grow we have a totally different outlook than when I'm growing 8 or 12 in my garage etc. Nothing like seeing it for yourself and in the end you'll have a bunch of weed... It's all good.
Cheers
Quindarius
Thanks @QuindariousGooch , to start with I'm going for just a successful grow and yield isn't all that important Vs learning.... but after this grow I'm hoping to put aside the silly mistakes of this grow and start getting some decent yields out of the aeroponic system.

Bud 👊

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

Thanks @QuindariousGooch , to start with I'm going for just a successful grow and yield isn't all that important Vs learning.... but after this grow I'm hoping to put aside the silly mistakes of this grow and start getting some decent yields out of the aeroponic system.

Bud 👊
Well now sounds like a good time to do a test if you're interested. We probably test a few plants with different techniques on every run. There's way more to learn than we know now.

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Help! No idea what's going on with these 2 girls... they look droopy I'm very worried.

All the other plants look fine (took a picture of the 2 and 1 ok)... the remaining 6 are fine.

I changed the tank a couple of days back and been maintaining pH to around 5.8 PPM 900 is.

Only thing I've changed that I can think of is the light hight.

Bud 👊

20200902 211258
20200902 211307
20200902 212116
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Help! No idea what's going on with these 2 girls... they look droopy I'm very worried.

All the other plants look fine (took a picture of the 2 and 1 ok)... the remaining 6 are fine.

I changed the tank a couple of days back and been maintaining pH to around 5.8 PPM 900 is.

Only thing I've changed that I can think of is the light hight.

Bud 👊
They are not uptaking water... imo 900 ppm is way to high.

Almost certain its a root issue have pics of the roots?

Spray them with anything?

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

They are not uptaking water... imo 900 ppm is way to high.

Almost certain its a root issue have pics of the roots?

Spray them with anything?
Thanks brother, the fucking pumps not working. I'm going to run about and get this shit sorted. Keep you posted.

Bud 👊

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Bastard pump packed up! I think the girls haven't been "watered" for 24hrs... they usually get watered every 30 minutes for 30 seconds. Luckily I noticed that the pump started making a loud unusual noise and contacted the manufacturer who sent a replacement out (was going to change it on the next change).

Will the plants recover?

Bud 👊

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Bastard pump packed up! I think the girls haven't been "watered" for 24hrs... they usually get watered every 30 minutes for 30 seconds. Luckily I noticed that the pump started making a loud unusual noise and contacted the manufacturer who sent a replacement out (was going to change it on the next change).

Will the plants recover?

Bud 👊
I have no doubt they will if reacted quickly. Hand water if needed

Top Bottom