1st time grower, seed problems?

• Thread starter Budw3is3r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Looks like off to a decent start ....
in my case I have been using seeds that are .... 39 years old ...yep these are seeds i saved froma trip to hawaii in 1981... i had doubts if they would germinate but here are some pics .... these are seeds from before any genetic messing around lol .... these will be out door plants...
How are you getting on with those seeds now dude?

Bud

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

How are you getting on with those seeds now dude?

Bud
Wow lol it may be shit like back in the day when you bought lids lol. Smokd a lid to get high . Very interesting though I wonder if you have some kinda extinct weed.

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Hello all, I'm thinking about creating a flower room for 6 plants max and use the existing room for veg and clones but I only have space for 8 plants in the system.

Could I permanently hold 2 plants in veg with the nutrients changing levels?

Bud

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Just finishing week 6 veg and will change the tank later today for week 7.

Because of the main-lining they look lean. Any stray leafs or buds are being pulled off to focus on the colas.

A few pictures attached, hopefully over the next 2 weeks they can gain some more before flipping to flower.

The big black humidifier is a new piece of kit which has provided a better spread and requires less refills. I have ordered a new piece of kit that will allow me to control the humidity via my phone and set schedules up so hopefully share my findings with you once it arrives.

Bud

20200804 105400
20200804 105207
20200804 105202
20200804 105158
20200804 105149
20200804 105133
20200804 105138
20200804 105145
Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Hello all, water changed pH 5.3 and 600ppm.

Bit pissed because I've nipped the bud when I was trying to take a growth tip out.

Before and after. Hopefully it'll heal 😄

Bud

20200805 214638
20200805 214937
20200805 215555
GreatWhiteShart

GreatWhiteShart

Easy rock method......
Light 18-6
Soak the rock at 5.5ph in alot of water for at least 24 hours
Soak the seeds in separate water at 5.5 24 hours till they crack and the root is showing
Then plant them the right way .... look on Google
keep cool 75f to 80f under a humidity cover

Looks like your rock is to wet and at almost 90f you prob stopped germination.

During hurricane irma I had seedlings stretch like that with no power, I just buried them deeper and veggies longer.

Cheers

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

Or have 1 tent veg / clones and 1 flower? That way you get a crop every 6-8 weeks?

Bud
Lol ya lots of work I'm taking on an 1 good grow so hopefully I dont have to do a crop in the winter. I figured might as well do 1 good crop rather than 3 . I have 6 babies up and 4 more seeds starting the tap root. So 10 plants lol . 3 bruce banner 2.0, 3 gelatos, 2 gorilla glue lemon and 2 true OG. A 4x4 tent hopefully I can get a pound dry. I have a lighting question I have my 600 watt mh dimmed to 400 right now gonna need a little more space for the other 4 n dont want them stretching too much could I put in some t5s ho with the mh?

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Had some crazy heat the last couple of days and it's been a struggle to keep the temperature under control.

Starting to see some slight damage on the leafs, guessing this is to do with temperature and not spidermites.

It's been 10 weeks since I dropped the seeds.

Bud

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Hello Growers,

I'm finding that I need to slightly adjust the pH level back in line with pH down every 3-4 days (with a few drips of down) to keep the reservoir in the sweet spot of 5.8 - 6.0.

Is this normal?

Bud

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Just finished week 7 veg and now into the final week of veg! Decided to go for 8 weeks in an attempt to gain fatter buds!

The heat has been a nightmare and at times thrown the VPD out. Have been using iced water bottles in the tank to at least get the nutrient temperature down.

Because it's my 1st grow I was wondering if I need to do anything other than change the light cycle and adjust the feed? Anything to watch out for?

Bud 👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hello Growers,

I'm finding that I need to slightly adjust the pH level back in line with pH down every 3-4 days (with a few drips of down) to keep the reservoir in the sweet spot of 5.8 - 6.0.

Is this normal?

Bud
Yes and healthy.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just finished week 7 veg and now into the final week of veg! Decided to go for 8 weeks in an attempt to gain fatter buds!

The heat has been a nightmare and at times thrown the VPD out. Have been using iced water bottles in the tank to at least get the nutrient temperature down.

Because it's my 1st grow I was wondering if I need to do anything other than change the light cycle and adjust the feed? Anything to watch out for?

Bud 👍
Keep an eye out for deficiencies or other. Other than that flip and wait.

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Bit random I know but I'll share my findings on this latest addition to the grow.

This bit of kit controls the humidity via the App on my phone. Means I can control / adjust if required to hit optimal VPD.

Good bit of kit so far 👌

Bud

20200804 160127
20200804 160037
Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Hello Farmers,

Started the flower phase and am very excited. Guessing the flowering phase will last 8 weeks but no doubt the flowers will dictate.

Have seen some nice growth over the last week.

12 hours of light on and 12 hours off.

pH levels check ✅
PPM 1,000

Using the Remo nutrients and don't know any better, now using the elements in the range that help flowering. Although I did fuck up and add a nutrient that isn't needed 🤨 ("grow").

The heat has been an issue over the last few weeks and no doubt will impact yield but it's calmed down now.

Have been using frozen bottles of water to cool down the reservoir to hit 20°c... every little helps.

My humidity is really high at the moment when the lights are off, will this impact VPD or will it just increase the chances of mould? May have to purchase a dehumidifier.

Will add some more photos later if I have time.

Bud 👊

20200819 090518
Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Hello Farmers, some quick "house work" on the plants today. Tried to take some pictures to share.

Because I have used the main lining technique of training the plants...I have removed the growth of any new nodes, stray random growth and leafs (that are low and not receiving light).

I do this so that the energy in plant continues to focus on the growth of the colas with gives the bud and not elsewhere which doesn't. Advice from a book, does anybody else?

I'm pretty much in no man's land at the moment with flower knowledge (apart from reading other sites for advice and YouTube).

When do you start seeing a difference from veg to flowering / turning?

Bud

20200819 211700
20200819 211307
20200819 211246
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Hello Farmers, some quick "house work" on the plants today. Tried to take some pictures to share.

Because I have used the main lining technique of training the plants...I have removed the growth of any new nodes, stray random growth and leafs (that are low and not receiving light).

I do this so that the energy in plant continues to focus on the growth of the colas with gives the bud and not elsewhere which doesn't. Advice from a book, does anybody else?

I'm pretty much in no man's land at the moment with flower knowledge (apart from reading other sites for advice and YouTube).

When do you start seeing a difference from veg to flowering / turning?

Bud
You start seeing buds and a stop to the stretch around 20ish days into flower, give or take. Make sure to keep giving her enough nitrogen throughout the stretch. Some people go straight to bloom nutes and their plants get sad.

Top Bottom