1st time grower, seed problems?

• Thread starter Budw3is3r
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Hello All... for main-lining, once you have the 8 paths for colas... is it a case of removing fan leaves below the canopy as well as stripping nodes out?

Bud

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Into week 6 veg...

Will put some updated photos up later on.

Noticed that the tank needed some pH up after the drain and fresh nutrients added. 600ppm

Think I going to flip into flower after 8 weeks but it may be sooner if they get too big.

I might create another room and have 1 veg / clones and the other flower... with the aim of creating a crop every 8 weeks.

Also, will adapt a different main-lining approach next time... this seems to be better and more efficient on time.. worth a read:

Bud

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Skip the rockwool, put your beans in a cup of warm water till they sink, then do the paper towl drill, if growing autos plant bean in pot you intend to do your whole grow in, if growing a photoperiod put in a solo cup till ready for transplant, try and keep things simple, good luck.

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

Skip the rockwool, put your beans in a cup of warm water till they sink, then do the paper towl drill, if growing autos plant bean in pot you intend to do your whole grow in, if growing a photoperiod put in a solo cup till ready for transplant, try and keep things simple, good luck.
What is simpler than placing a seed in a rock wool AOK cube and then putting it into a block and watering it? Two simple steps in a 99% success rate. We dropped 30 to 50 beans a month or every other month.
Q

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

What is simpler than placing a seed in a rock wool AOK cube and then putting it into a block and watering it? Two simple steps in a 99% success rate. We dropped 30 to 50 beans a month or every other month.
Q
That's what I thought and 3/10 didn't take.

Bud

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

That's what I thought and 3/10 didn't take.

Bud
Do you think they would have taken had you soak them in water first? (No sarcasm here. It's a sincere question ) I've had seeds not work when I did the paper method... it's the frustration of waiting without seeing anything that I think makes the soaking and paper towels and planting the once they sprout seem better. As long as that AOK is 100% soaked and you continue to water it it's every bit as wet as a paper towel, right?

One thing we do that might be a little different is we soak the blocks and water with 1200 ppm water from day 1. I know everything I've ever read says to use only water but we get much better results just using the 1200 PPM.I think where we have the seeds right now they get watered for a minute three times a day. It doesn't really matter how many times but I believe keeping the environment moist is key. If you do that the ones that we're going to pop will.

The only other thing I would suggest is to split the AOK in half vertically and place the seed in with the pointy, root emerging end pointing down inside a column that reaches the top. By column I mean the vertical channels you will see when you split the a okay. Without doing this we do see some seeds roll and get tangled up in the media. I've seen this in soil, pretty pods, and root riots as well. By placing the seed in and securing it with the other half of the A-Ok it really only has one way to work its way out as it sprouts. We put the AOK immediately into a 6-in block to allow the tap root to explore deeper (and we're lazy). We plant seeds and walk away for 3 days basically. Many times we have found the roots popping out of the bottom of the AOK before the sprout comes out the top. We will see all but one has sprouted and when we pull the AOK there's a large root already out of the AOK and going into the block. But to be clear on this it's really just about being efficient and effective at the same time. We can sit down in one action place the seeds in the AOKs and then the AOK into the block and we are done with it until we clone it as far as any kind of transplanting or attention.

The last method for you consideration is that we put the blocks into the young mom room under the same lighting they will be getting until cloned. Currently we just installed LEDs but we have had 315 watt, 400 watt, and some thousand watts we turned down to 800. The room has no humidity control other than an AC and ranges from 22RH to 55 or 60 RH. Basically whatever the outside climate is. Our belief is that the seeds in nature will sprout into various environments even on the same hillside year to year. Natural selection has provided us seedlings that will adapt to whatever they pop into environment-wise as long as some basic needs are met. I sprouted some tomatillo seeds under t5s this spring and when I put them out they got some hard direct sunlight and immediately the leaves were damaged. All the new foliage was perfect. I've seen it in my cannabis garden as well. Just like us plants hate immediate unexplained changes.

Again, this is just what we have found to be best practices in a commercial setting. I would have never figured out the AOK splitting and placing in the block immediately maneuver in a smaller personal grow because it doesn't make that big a difference. Run a hundred seeds a few times and you start to get some ideas while doing the tedious repetitive work.

Cheers,
Quindarious

Freaky75

Freaky75

Hay I think your lights are to far off . They shouldn't stretch lyk that try lowering them . Here's an example of a healthy seedling just sprouted yesterday notice how thick the stock is and how short it is . Good luck.

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

Into week 6 veg...

Will put some updated photos up later on.

Noticed that the tank needed some pH up after the drain and fresh nutrients added. 600ppm

Think I going to flip into flower after 8 weeks but it may be sooner if they get too big.

I might create another room and have 1 veg / clones and the other flower... with the aim of creating a crop every 8 weeks.

Also, will adapt a different main-lining approach next time... this seems to be better and more efficient on time.. worth a read:

Bud
I currently have 2 rooms going also I have 2 4x4 tents . Im looking for some opinions also but not meaning to hijack a thread either !Currently running a 600 watt medal halide for veg plus I have 2 two foot 4 bulb t5 high outputs the t5's I'm not using at the moment. I have a 600 watt hps and a 400 watt hps in my flower tent. Is it better to do 2 rooms ? Or say better for me to bring my tent to the basement n put it beside my other tent n unzip them so it's kinda like a 8x4? 2 tents veg 4-6 plants in each tent at the same time then flower at the same time ? So roughly harvesting 8-12 nice plants a crop ?

Freaky75

Freaky75

Yeah I'd take them down to basement . It's better to keep everything in one place. Especially when your new to growing. And a lot easier to have them all grow at same time so your not juggling a heep of different nutes . What you growing. If there all the same great autos ? Photoperiods . Keeps things simple. How much weed do you need . I've just one Hps duel spec. And one 45w led full spec for seedlings . Put your mh in one and Hps in other . I get great results with a duel spec from seedling. Good luck and happy growing

Tornadohunting420

Tornadohunting420

Yeah I'd take them down to basement . It's better to keep everything in one place. Especially when your new to growing. And a lot easier to have them all grow at same time so your not juggling a heep of different nutes . What you growing. If there all the same great autos ? Photoperiods . Keeps things simple. How much weed do you need . I've just one Hps duel spec. And one 45w led full spec for seedlings . Put your mh in one and Hps in other . I get great results with a duel spec from seedling. Good luck and happy growing
I smoke alot lol I'm an old school pot head. Oz last me usually 1 -2 weeks. I hardly ever feed in veg cause I use good soil . Right now I have 4 in the flower tent at all different stages n 3 babies in veg bruce banner 2.0. Critical kush is the bigger ones n G.D.P. fast I put in today.
20200801 083856

Freaky75

Freaky75

lol me too bud I'm lyk a quarter every few days between me n the missus . I was just sick of forking out for weed all the time . The missus needs it for her illness and I'm disabled so it's a nisesity.😉 . Great keep them flowering in there . Try to have your grow all at same stage so your not juggling nutes . Easy to forget which plant ur feeding and end up frying them . I must say looking good tho . So keep it up . This is my fav photo at the moment . It was a bag seed indica new growth everywhere . Notice how one of the leaves fell off due to my fan to close but topped it's self for the better lol now I'll L,S,T the 3 tops .happy growing bud

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

I currently have 2 rooms going also I have 2 4x4 tents . Im looking for some opinions also but not meaning to hijack a thread either !Currently running a 600 watt medal halide for veg plus I have 2 two foot 4 bulb t5 high outputs the t5's I'm not using at the moment. I have a 600 watt hps and a 400 watt hps in my flower tent. Is it better to do 2 rooms ? Or say better for me to bring my tent to the basement n put it beside my other tent n unzip them so it's kinda like a 8x4? 2 tents veg 4-6 plants in each tent at the same time then flower at the same time ? So roughly harvesting 8-12 nice plants a crop ?
Or have 1 tent veg / clones and 1 flower? That way you get a crop every 6-8 weeks?

Bud

Freaky75

Freaky75

Yeah bud whatever's easier for yourself they look good too so your doing something right . Unrelated tip for getting humidity back up . Diy humidifier fill a kettle 3/4s of the way and sit it in Your grow space with the lid up . Because the lids up it'll keep boiling. Watch it shoot up . And only takes a few mins in my 6ft X 8ft store room . Had some job keeping temps down and humidity up yesterday. Was 30c outside 🤒

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Yeah bud whatever's easier for yourself they look good too so your doing something right . Unrelated tip for getting humidity back up . Diy humidifier fill a kettle 3/4s of the way and sit it in Your grow space with the lid up . Because the lids up it'll keep boiling. Watch it shoot up . And only takes a few mins in my 6ft X 8ft store room . Had some job keeping temps down and humidity up yesterday. Was 30c outside 🤒
Same here mate, fan on full and humidity.

Bud

Budw3is3r

Budw3is3r

Quick update

Had to adjust the Ph level down from 6.4 to 5.9 using Ph down... done this by using drops and kept checking as I went so I didnt make an error.

pH range need to sit at 5.5 - 6.5 (5.8 - 6.0 is ideal).

Added a few more ladybirds/ ladybugs to the the grow... about 8 in order to kill any potential spider-mites.

Bud

Top Bottom