• Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ReadySetGrowD9

My setup is as follows:

120w LED red/blue Light
General Hydro rainforest 36
3'x3'x6'6" grow tent
The gear is from Nirvana Seeds im very excited since they all germed in less then 24 hrs :)!!!

Ok guys here is some pics of my grow room and the germed seeds, i will be keeping everyone updated as it goes and would love any input

Thanks

1st time led hydro grow w nirvana seeds northern lights autoflowering
1st time led hydro grow w nirvana seeds northern lights autoflowering 2
1st time led hydro grow w nirvana seeds northern lights autoflowering 3
1st time led hydro grow w nirvana seeds northern lights autoflowering 4
1st time led hydro grow w nirvana seeds northern lights autoflowering 5
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Nice start. I have had excellent results with Nirvana seeds.

Are the seeds in the rain forrest now? If they are I would lower that light to 6-8 inches above the medium. That light is practically heat free and will not harm those seedlings.

I will be tagging along. I have a LED test grow going on right now. I think it is the same light as yours. It is working good.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

yes I just put them in the rainforest today but I wasn't sure if they should have that much light right away bc they just popped. the light seems to be working amazing it's super bright and has 0 heat. thanks for replying any advise u have would be great I have been researching about this for a few months and wouldn't mind some help lol

R

ReadySetGrowD9

one of them is starting to push thru already hurray lol...... i will post some more pics when they all do....

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Update Day 13

Ok so today is day 13, i just changed the H2O and upped the nutes and they seem to be loving it. Here are some pics of whats goin on so far.

I Have 2 Questions though

1. Im using GH 3 nutes should i ad any other nutes?
2. The temp in the room in around 88-90 degrees with about 55-60% humidity is that to high??

IMG 0002
IMG 0003
IMG 0004
IMG 0005
IMG 0006
IMG 0008
IMG 0009
IMG 0010
IMG 0011
IMG 0012
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
That is too high of temps. Your rain forrest water temps will get too high after a bit and when the roots get down in it they will rot.

How is that LED making that tent that hot? I can't get mine to hardly 80 degrees in my closet which is roughly the same size and has a 126w LED. You need some air flow going. Stick the air pump outside the box. Use your flaps to let in air at the bottom and stick a computer fan or actual exhaust fan to one of the top vents to suck air out.

You need the bottom of the tent where the root zone is at to be 70 degrees or so. You want the leaf canopy to be at 80 degrees or so according to LEDgirl when using an LED light.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

i think its so hot in there bc its been 90 degrees here for the last week or so..... im def gunna ad some more exhaust fans i thought that having a little fan in there would be enough.

Is there a way to cool the water in the rain forest bc idk if adding a couple fans is gunna drop the temp 20 degrees

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
It will be difficult if your ambient outside room air is 90 degrees. You need to a/c the outside room air than draw that air into the tent.

You could make like twelve 2 liter soda bottles into ice bottles (fill 2/3 and freeze). Then stick 6 of them (one on each flat side) around the grow module. Wrap the whole thing in a heavy blanket to keep the cold in. Then monitor the temps. You might only need 4 or 3 but you will need to play with it. Then just exchange them when they get half melted with fresh ones in the freezer.

You can try making a shelf that separates the root zone from the light zone and see if it keeps it cool enough.

You could hook the rain forrest to a bigger reservoir that is outside the grow area. If that doesn't do it then you can add frozen water bottles to it. If that doesn't work you need a chiller.

I would also buy some SM-90 and add it to the solution as it will help prevent nasty crap from starting in the first place.

R

r1mob

hi how do you find the led for vegging i have 2 anfd have yet to use them

R

ReadySetGrowD9

It will be difficult if your ambient outside room air is 90 degrees. You need to a/c the outside room air than draw that air into the tent.

You could make like twelve 2 liter soda bottles into ice bottles (fill 2/3 and freeze). Then stick 6 of them (one on each flat side) around the grow module. Wrap the whole thing in a heavy blanket to keep the cold in. Then monitor the temps. You might only need 4 or 3 but you will need to play with it. Then just exchange them when they get half melted with fresh ones in the freezer.

You can try making a shelf that separates the root zone from the light zone and see if it keeps it cool enough.

You could hook the rain forrest to a bigger reservoir that is outside the grow area. If that doesn't do it then you can add frozen water bottles to it. If that doesn't work you need a chiller.

I would also buy some SM-90 and add it to the solution as it will help prevent nasty crap from starting in the first place.

Thanks im definatly gunna AC the room and try the 2 liter bottle idea thanks i will keep u posted :)

R1: so far the LED are great there is 0 heat and those pics are at day 13 from seeds so i think there really liking the light lol

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Hey just want to stop in and let u know the soda bottle idea is working great and the room temp is dropped down to 79-82 degrees. Thanks for the great advise ;)

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Quick Update

quick update..... I was Wrong About the last post it wasn't day 13 it was actually day 10..... here are some pics from day 14.... i will do a better update soon

IMG 0025
IMG 0026
R

ReadySetGrowD9

Update/ Health Question.....????

So here are some pics of whats goin on so far (day 18), they all seem to be doin ok just cant figure out why some of the leaves are curling and on one or 2 of they r not stright like the others.... also what does everyone think about the space between each plant is there gunna be enough room for all 5 of them to grow out completely??

IMG 0045
IMG 0046
IMG 0048
IMG 0049
IMG 0050
IMG 0052
IMG 0053
IMG 0054
IMG 0055
IMG 0057
S

Sense I. Milla

Nice clean grow space man! I wish I had some more $ to invest then I would be definitely growing in a tent too. I think your leaves could be curling from a ph inbalance or too high temp... check the ph, if it's cool then get an 4-6in-line booster intake/exhaust fans at homedepot for 25$.
As for having enough space... I would start LST soon if you plan to grow until pre-flowers... otherwise force flower.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Update/ Health Question.....????

Sense: Thanks alot i actually got that tent on ebay for like $100.....ur right it was too hot in there still but its all better now and there looking great.... i was gunnna LST them but they are auto flowering seeds so i dont think that would work..... thanks a lot for the help... here are a couple updated pics from day 20....

IMG 0065
IMG 0066
IMG 0067
IMG 0068
IMG 0069
R

ReadySetGrowD9

thanks same here I'm figuring the end of august.... can't wait!! lol

K

krozone

ReadySetGrowD9: Hey Bro! Congrats on the LED Grow~

I was going to send you a MSG, but apparently I cannot (only to the admin).. oh well.

If you don't mind; where did you get the LED from? I just ordered a 120 via Ebay through a online store in Stoney Creek. Ontario

R

ReadySetGrowD9

thanks krozone..... i got my 120 on ebay also from LEDwholesalers...

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Hello again ready!

Is your General Hydro rainforest the 36 or 66? It doesn't quite look like either of these. Also these are not dripper systems are they? Are they aeroponics sprayers?

Do you check the ph?

When I did my runs with my GH power Grower drippers I checked the ph almost daily. I also would check the water level maybe twice a day until I got used to how much it used.

I pretty much just stuck to the GH 3 part nutrients too. I used SM-90 in my water though and that stuff is awesome. It really helps control root rot, spider mites and a whole bunch more stuff. And if I saw the need with certain strains I added some cal/mag or epsom salts.

You have a couple learning curves to conquer. It is your first time with the system and your first time with this autoflower strain. You will have to dial it in as you go.

Check the pH. I would also get some SM-90.

After I had a couple runs with the same strain I started adding other things like koolbloom. I sponged a lot of experience knowledge from The Joker. He is into waterfarms. He turned me on to SM-90, Kool Bloom and Roots Excelurator. All real good products that do what they are supposed to do.

I do a lot of parasitic knowledge absorption. You just have to find a good host brain. LOL!

Top Bottom