1st Time LED Hydro Grow w/ Nirvana Seeds Northern Lights Autoflowering

• Thread starter ReadySetGrowD9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

ReadySetGrowD9

Hello again ready!

Is your General Hydro rainforest the 36 or 66? It doesn't quite look like either of these. Also these are not dripper systems are they? Are they aeroponics sprayers?

Do you check the ph?

When I did my runs with my GH power Grower drippers I checked the ph almost daily. I also would check the water level maybe twice a day until I got used to how much it used.

I pretty much just stuck to the GH 3 part nutrients too. I used SM-90 in my water though and that stuff is awesome. It really helps control root rot, spider mites and a whole bunch more stuff. And if I saw the need with certain strains I added some cal/mag or epsom salts.

You have a couple learning curves to conquer. It is your first time with the system and your first time with this autoflower strain. You will have to dial it in as you go.

Check the pH. I would also get some SM-90.

After I had a couple runs with the same strain I started adding other things like koolbloom. I sponged a lot of experience knowledge from The Joker. He is into waterfarms. He turned me on to SM-90, Kool Bloom and Roots Excelurator. All real good products that do what they are supposed to do.

I do a lot of parasitic knowledge absorption. You just have to find a good host brain. LOL!

Im using the GH 36 it doesnt look like there pic its the new style bucket... i havent checked the ph yet im still waiting on my test kit :(.... its not a dripper system its aeroponics.....

After u told me about the sm-90 last time i have been using it and the roots are looking amazing and super white..... :)!!

This is definatly my learning grow since its my 1st one ever... lol thats y i have been keepin track of everything i can....

I do alot of parasitic knowledge absorption too that why im glad u keep helping me out lol :)

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Good job on the SM-90 acquisition. I am freakin watching you like a hawk the rest of the way.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I found a good thread on SM90. I made a post at the end and had a few in the thread along the way. The poster Chemchris is real smart and real good at this hobby and isn't sold on SM90. You should read the thread so you know what is what and form an opinion.

In the end I think SM90 has some pros and cons but I am convinced it kept my roots healthy by fighting bacteria from forming in slightly high rez temperatures. If I had a chiller maybe I wouldn't use it but without one I would. There are other things people use that are cheaper to do just that task with though.

It might not be able to kill a stubborn or massive spider mite infestation but I think it does work behind the scenes systemically helping that fight while you do other things too. I am not a side by side and compare type. I hate change. I keep doing the things I do if they work. Then I add one change at a time if I have a problem so I know the thing that fixed it when I do it.

I don't use SM90 in my soil grows. I alternate using Floramite and Forbid to treat mites, the only pest I ever encounter.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Thanks alot.... that was a great thread.... i have been lucky enough to not have any bug problems yet.... but as for the roots they seem to be super happy lol

R

ReadySetGrowD9

DAY 30 Pics

Hey everyone here are some pics from day 30 they are looking great my only confusion at the moment is when they are supposed to start flowering.... and also if i can keep them on 18/6 when they do start to flower....

thanks in advance everyone

IMG 0096
IMG 0098
IMG 0099
IMG 0105
IMG 0100
IMG 0101
IMG 0102
IMG 0103
IMG 0104
IMG 0106
IMG 0107
IMG 0108
IMG 0109
IMG 0110
IMG 0111
IMG 0112
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
They are looking really great now. How did you cool the tent better and what are the temps running. Do you take a rez temp?

I know your seedling are Nirvana Northern Lights Automatic. Are they the Fems. Nirvana says they are 9-11 weeks flowering. That is from seed. Your thread starts on Sunday July 3rd when you germinated. This Sunday Aug 7 will be 5 weeks. So if they take 9 weeks that would be Sunday Sept 4. If it takes 11 weeks that would be Sunday Sept 18.

However, even at 11 weeks that means they have to start and finish in the next 6 weeks. I don't know how fast auto flowerings take once they start to flower.

Are there any hairs at all? You need to see another N.L. auto thread to see how long it takes after they start to flower. It should be soon and they should do it even on 24-0 lighting. But 18-6 is where you want it. At least most auto threads I have seen do 18-6.

I don't have auto indoor experience. Well one grow and it sucked. The plants were small and crappy. Yours are much bigger and nicer.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

They are looking really great now. How did you cool the tent better and what are the temps running. Do you take a rez temp?

I know your seedling are Nirvana Northern Lights Automatic. Are they the Fems. Nirvana says they are 9-11 weeks flowering. That is from seed. Your thread starts on Sunday July 3rd when you germinated. This Sunday Aug 7 will be 5 weeks. So if they take 9 weeks that would be Sunday Sept 4. If it takes 11 weeks that would be Sunday Sept 18.

However, even at 11 weeks that means they have to start and finish in the next 6 weeks. I don't know how fast auto flowerings take once they start to flower.

Are there any hairs at all? You need to see another N.L. auto thread to see how long it takes after they start to flower. It should be soon and they should do it even on 24-0 lighting. But 18-6 is where you want it. At least most auto threads I have seen do 18-6.

I don't have auto indoor experience. Well one grow and it sucked. The plants were small and crappy. Yours are much bigger and nicer.

Thanks man,
Yes they are fems,

The rez stays around 65 degrees and the canopy is at about 74 w/ 50% humidity also i got my pH test kit and that stays at 6.5- 6.8

Thats my biggest issue with these seeds i have looked all over the web and havent found a grow with them anywhere :(.....

im not really seeing any hairs at all yet ( i will attach a pic from today),

thanks for the lighting tip 18-6 it is lol,

i seen that some growers give the plant a day or 2 of pure dark in the end should i do that and if so why??

IMG 0105
IMG 0111
IMG 0112
Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
i don't do that. Some people say it increases trichs. I don't think it is proven though with pics.

From Nirvana seed site...

Autoflowering strains
AUTO-FLOWERING MARIJUANA PLANTS are not dependent on a photoperiod for florescence: they will flower automatically. Depending on the strain and grow room conditions, auto-flowering plants will begin to flower 3 to 5 weeks after germination, regardless of how many hours of light they are receiving. The total flowering time until plants are harvest-ready is reduced by 1 to 3 weeks in comparison to non-auto-flowering strains.

Auto-flowering plants will finish in time when planted outdoors, even in regions with short summers. In areas with longer summers, it is even possible to harvest multiple crops in a single year!

Auto-flowering plants are also perfect for indoor grow rooms with limited space and time. Because auto-flowering plants start flowering at a smaller size, yields are also considerably smaller than with normally flowering plants. What makes auto-flowering strains so incredibly worthwhile is all time and space you will save.

I also read that once they start they finish in 5-7 weeks. So if they start soon they will be on schedule maybe a week behind.

These should just start going gangbuster soon..

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Tobor thx for the info u def cleared up my confusion.... Now i cant wait for these girls to explode (hope it happens soon) lol...

F

farmerjohn

Hell, I say yes, keep 'em on 18-20 hours of light for the duration. Don't know about that red light though! lol I will say that, in my limited experience with autos, they started flowering the moment they broke ground. That's my understanding of the beast. Or @ least, they have a self timer that says, "flower, bitch."

Truthfully, when I saw this string, I thought, damnation, auto flowering Northern Lights! What's the claimed duration of one of this strain's grows, ready? I know, NL blew me away! Grew itself, flowered hard, fast & dank! This was even b4 it was a cannibis cupper, having being my first growing experience with truly indica dominate strains. I still have a nice NL cross called Silver Pearl, that exhibits a lot of those same traits. Biggest difference is, I don't recall NL smelling like a skunk's ass! The Pearl kinda does.

Those are actually coco puffs, you are growing in, isn't it, ready? I swear, they look just like 'em! lol

R

ReadySetGrowD9

Update.... Day 35

FarmerJohn: Yes they are coco puffs lol they looked like hydroton so i figured hey lets give it a shot lmao....

Tobar: here are some pics.... im thinkin they are starting to flower im seeing some pistols showing up but u tell me im attaching some pics lol....

Thanks Guys.....

PhpACL9WUAM
Phps1xP9HAM
Phpurj63OAM
IMG 0128
IMG 0129
IMG 0130
R

ReadySetGrowD9

Update.... Day 44 from seed

Here is a pic from today i still dont think there starting to flower and im a lil confused lol.... Does anyone have any advice or thoughts??

IMG 0157
IMG 0158
R

ReadySetGrowD9

Day 47..... and still not flowering any words of wisdom??

C

Crasta

I haven't read everything, but are you on 12/12 light cycle??? If not, do so asap. If you allow light on more than 12 hours a day, its very hard for the females to switch over to their flowering period. That LED is so gnarly looking.

R

ReadySetGrowD9

I haven't read everything, but are you on 12/12 light cycle??? If not, do so asap. If you allow light on more than 12 hours a day, its very hard for the females to switch over to their flowering period. That LED is so gnarly looking.

Sry to be a smartass but did u read the title?? jk these are autoflowering seeds they dont ever need to be flipped to 12/12 thanks though..... The LED is really k0ol and is working very very well and has ZERO heat and it was only $200 lol

New Pics:

IMG 0161
IMG 0165
IMG 0166
IMG 0167
IMG 0168
IMG 0169
IMG 0170
Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
They're auto's but I would switch to 12/12 too. Looks like they dont want to switch to flowering cycle themselves, remember your limited in height restrictions using the LEDS.
Peace

G81

R

ReadySetGrowD9

True but everyone i have ever asked (even Nirvana Seeds themselves) said to leave it on 18/6 or 24...... They said that switching wouldnt make them flower quicker and it would reduce my yields so idk what to do

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
I think I would start to reduce the light each day by half an hour or so until they start to flower. Then stay at that amount.

I don't have much to add. They should have started. This is irony. There are people complaining because their stuff auto flowered and were not supposed to but you bought autos and they won't auto. WTF???

Green81

Green81

Premium Member
Supporter
I think I would start to reduce the light each day by half an hour or so until they start to flower. Then stay at that amount.

I don't have much to add. They should have started. This is irony. There are people complaining because their stuff auto flowered and were not supposed to but you bought autos and they won't auto. WTF???

LOL aint that ironic :tongue0011:

Top Bottom