1st time organic grow update.. glad i made it this far..

• Thread starter snokyjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

snokyjoe

Hope everybodys well and cheers all.
Big shout out to those that commented on my first thread above asking for help on my newbie grow.. much love for the pointers it saved my grow.
Anyways the GROW.. light hlg 278w 3.5k far reds, bruce banner 3 sensible seeds in biobizz light mix amended with organic amendments from dr forest here in the uk.. ingredients are listed in the other thread above.. 3 plants in a 5x4 x 2 ft tent.. i squeezed an over sized filter in there with a fan controller and its done the business, zero noise decent humidity throughout.
Cutting to the chase every thing went great until wk 3 flower.. looking back though, the deficiences were there all through the grow, although minor compared to later, they were still there,, but im a newbie so shoot me, things i ignored early on would have saved me grief in flower but hey.. i feel i learned a lot and writing this im reasonably pleased.. although could do better,, and im sure i will next time.
1st time organic grow update glad i made it this far

Heres the girls chilling with the door open as i write.. heat wave here and the tents maxing out at 90 but humiditys at high 40s low 50s.. watering them every 3 days and their taking 2 and a half litres each now..
i know they dont look perfect but trust me compared to week 5 they are amazing lol.. i wasnt taking any pics of them at the time because i thought id messed it up completely.

1st time organic grow update glad i made it this far 2

Mistakes i made in that place called hindsight.
Under doing the amendments at the start of the grow.. thus running out of food wks 4..5.. its cost me yield im certain.
Underestimating the power of the light, and epecially the magnesium consumption by the plant with said light.. this pulled me out of the shit tbh.. so again thanks for the pointers ppl.
Taking more care in veg spotting deficiences early on and getting on top of it.. i feel since week 4 ive been chasing to catch up with the plants needs and i suppose thats the downside to organic soil grows,, it takes a while for the amendments top dressed to be available.
Lollipoping them at wk 3 killed me.. plant ate through remaining leaves like crazy due to hunger.
1st time organic grow update glad i made it this far 3

Not trusting the soil to do its job ph wise and phing my water twice thinking i had a lockout.. then realising it wasnt calibrated.. long story short i snashed it up and went back to normal waterings.
Questions i still have are they are 54 days today.. 2 days ago i brewed up an airated tea with bonemeal, epsom salts a sliver of banana skin and mollasses .. they loved it for sure and are still fattening up and smell AMAZING.. strawberry candy and petrol.. im salavating at the tent nightly ha.

Top dressed a lot on the catch up with compost, worm castings and the last of the bloom.. using epsom salts every other watering so i think im good for feed in the soil till harvest.
With the recovering leaf damage im not sure whats going to be natural die off or not for harvest.
1st time organic grow update glad i made it this far 4
1st time organic grow update glad i made it this far 5

Im trying to estimate when to stop watering and definetly cutting out the feed.. strain says 9 to 10 weeks.. but i have seen 8 mentioned.
I do not want to chop early and lose more yield but not late either.
I am not in a rush btw.. im happy to wait.. i bought a loupe and have been scoping the trichomes out.. this is where my newbie head kicked in.. soon as i saw a couple of ambers on the sugar leafs.. im thinking a couple of days lol.. anyways ive chilled a bit since then.. trichs on the actual bud are 60 40 milky clear.. any tthoughts about how they look at 54 days from more experienced growers?
Hard to get pics through the scope for trichome development but im okay with that.. im just trying to think ahead with a ball park for finish.. with feeding etc
Im guessing ten days... thoughts?
1st time organic grow update glad i made it this far 6

1st time organic grow update glad i made it this far 7

BTW they came out of the scrog week 6.. and tbh glad i did for light coverage and the plant already being trained.. not sure why i did it.. i was in panic mode i think.. i was going to flush thinking ph problem.. a cheap soil test later and.. NO. lesson learned.

Last edited:
S

snokyjoe

Looks Good to me i water only last weeks if this helps
Could i keep pushing them with teas etc as im not planning on flushing anyway?.. i just dont want to water them just before chopping them.
Watering every 3 days id like to chop em 4 days dry, maybe 5.. i dunno im just winging it... quicker dry yes?

2Water

2Water

Dont worry about how many weeks or days, just go by the trichomes. I just harvested my first run not too long ago, but as a yank who went through primary school in the West Midlands and still feel like a proud Salopian, I'll give whatever help I can. I went for all cloudy, minimal amber since I like more of a high and not a stone. You'll have to figure out what ratio balances out the effects you desire. Once they get about where you want you have around a week of a time window to harvest.

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Could i keep pushing them with teas etc as im not planning on flushing anyway?.. i just dont want to water them just before chopping them.
Watering every 3 days id like to chop em 4 days dry, maybe 5.. i dunno im just winging it... quicker dry yes?
flushing this is not needed unless you have nutrient build up water only fade the plant i call it trying to simulate nature

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Dont worry about how many weeks or days, just go by the trichomes. I just harvested my first run not too long ago, but as a yank who went through primary school in the West Midlands and still feel like a proud Salopian, I'll give whatever help I can. I went for all cloudy, minimal amber since I like more of a high and not a stone. You'll have to figure out what ratio balances out the effects you desire. Once they get about where you want you have around a week of a time window to harvest.
Bro that bruce lee quote legend

S

snokyjoe

Thankyou brother.. im looking for more or less the same,, about 20% ambers what im shooting for.. a week you say?
I just presumed it was a faster process once they started changing to amber.. like 10% more amber a day or something. So if im happy with the ratio of trichs monday.. i dont water for 5 days they will more or less be the same ratio at chop?

2Water

2Water

Thankyou brother.. im looking for more or less the same,, about 20% ambers what im shooting for.. a week you say?
I just presumed it was a faster process once they started changing to amber.. like 10% more amber a day or something. So if im happy with the ratio of trichs monday.. i dont water for 5 days they will more or less be the same ratio at chop?
From what I've read/been told, yes

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

I'm not down with flushing organic pot/bags, there should be no need in normal circumstance. I understand it being done in hydro but otherwise there is nothing to flush. The ph of your soil should be safe, I understand FFOF is around 6.5 and the soil should produce most of the nutrients needed. I use a hot soil method which supplies nutes for the grow, if the grow runs long I may add Tiger Bloom near the end.

Crabgrassfarms

Crabgrassfarms

There is an abundance of videos on chopping and curing. There are several methods to chop and dry, but most agree on curing jars or something similar.

S

snokyjoe

I'm not down with flushing organic pot/bags, there should be no need in normal circumstance. I understand it being done in hydro but otherwise there is nothing to flush. The ph of your soil should be safe, I understand FFOF is around 6.5 and the soil should produce most of the nutrients needed. I use a hot soil method which supplies nutes for the grow, if the grow runs long I may add Tiger Bloom near the end.
Well like i say im a newbie, but why would you add synthetic nutes to an organic grow? Kinda defeats the object for me.. was tempted when my amendments ran dry but like i say this is an organic grow with lots of love.. feel like id be letting the girls down by changing half way through.
Spent so much time creating a soil with life, microbes etc.. to kill all that would have broke my heart tbh.. ill take a hit on the yield instead.
Organic seaweed, coconut water, banana teas, nettle teas, compost teas molasses and plain water all the way through.. flushing does not worry me at all with what they have been fed on.

S

snokyjoe

There is an abundance of videos on chopping and curing. There are several methods to chop and dry, but most agree on curing jars or something similar.
Cheers, yeah im not that worried about drying or curing.. glass jars and hygrometers are ready.
Hoping for a 7 to ten day dry.. 2 plus wks cure.. i read that if you dont dry them out completely before chop they can take weeks to dry, plus im hoping to stress them a bit see if i can get some more sugar on them, cheers.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I read anything unsulphured for the microbes.. black strap i used.
Easy with that stuff, it’ll send your dirt ph to wacky town if you get too heavy handed. Shit works tho, plants love that shit at the end.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
I purchased a 25 pack of hygrometers, and as you can see, modified the lid, puttied it in with clay, and boom. They work perfectly.

IMG 3236
Top Bottom