2.5 weeks to harvest, should I switch the lights to 11/13 or 10/14 to help finish?

• Thread starter HipHopAnonymous
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Like these? lol I love this picture! Two plants? Maybe four. Either way that is a sic picture! I agree about the SCROGing. I have been using a trellis to tame stretchy sativa doms like my SSSDH#2. It really helps to achieve an even canopy IMO. Thanks for the kind words, I try to give accurate info. :cool0041:

Scrog
H

HipHopAnonymous

Like these? lol I love this picture! Two plants? Maybe four. Either way that is a sic picture! I agree about the SCROGing. I have been using a trellis to tame stretchy sativa doms like my SSSDH#2. It really helps to achieve an even canopy IMO. Thanks for the kind words, I try to give accurate info. :cool0041:

Yes that would be perfect. I learned the hard way I can fit 4 plants, not 5 like I have now. But I dont have to get to ahead of myself. I know its not the best quality but I just shot a quick video of my tent with my phone. As soon as I can get in there I will take some real pics. Your seed is the one above my lights in the back. My shity cam doesnt do any justice :shake

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkYtftsl6C4[/YOUTUBE]

E

Elite Nugs

Thanks man a scope would be very nice. They are so dam frosty, I can tell they are milky white with my naked eye. But I do still have alot of white/yellow hairs, maybe 45-50% orange. Today marks my 7th week of flower and the beginning of my finale flush. :party0045:

Yeah.. they looked nice when I was last there. I bet they look even better now. Save me a nug of that OG Dawg I gave you. I havent flowered that one out yet, but I heard from who I got it from that its pretty damn good. Curious to see what its like. I have about 25 of them going in soil right now.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Nice. Are you using tap water straight? Are you using calmg? Just curious. Yeah I'm sure once you get this run under your belt you will have a good idea as to what's up. Just get used to your plants and they will tell you what they need. Are you gonna get a bigger light or work with the HOs? I'm looking to use one of those HOs that you can turn off a couple bulbs and then increase when you get roots and need a veg space. I tend to use MHs for moms and veg, HPS for flower. You could get away with a 400w aircooled hood a 3x3 tray and a SCROG screen. Find a strain you like that enjoys being trained and away you go! Search some SCROG threads on here and bring a bib! lmao PM me when you are able to.

Cheers,
Crom

E

Elite Nugs

Nah, Elite Nugs it wasn't directed at anyone. Just letting hiphop know that some will claim things that aren't proven to do anything. If something works for you then by all means do it. I just have an easier time seeing it work side by side.

Cool... I thought you were taking another swing at me.

It would be kinda hard to do a side by side comparison of the light cycle trick. 2 different light cycles, equals 2 different rooms. 2 different rooms and you'll have 2 different environments... making the comparison not factual, since one room can have lower humidity then the other, or more light, or different temps. So it would be pretty tough to do a side by side on that one. I just know what my finished product looks like without dropping the light cycle and I know what it looks like with the dropped cycle.

Im glad Motherload commented.. Otherwise I'd still be sitting here looking like the only crazy dude that does this.

This outdoor crop I have going right now is letting me know which of my new strains flower first and at what light cycle. So the ones that flower under 14 hours of light, will now be getting that once I have grow indoors. The 12/12 is just basics and a good guideline for new growers to follow. But once you know your strains, you can use different techniques to push them to their maximum potential.

There's a thread somewhere on this site by DJ Short on drying and curing. I think he is 100% right on with that thread. Anything by DJ Short is some really good reading.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I agree. I've read some bad information in them more then once.

Right? Sometimes they seem to have a grasp on things, then they say some random incorrect fact. Seems like after Jorge left the grow section is lacking a bit. By the way, Jorge is coming out with a new outdoor dvd. Should be sic! Humboldtlocals 10lb "trees" will be in it. I think it's cool too that Jorge isn't hiding his identity. Cool cat he is.

Cheers,
Crom

E

Elite Nugs

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkYtftsl6C4[/YOUTUBE]

Nice. Crank up the AC in your house and that Bubba that I gave you will start to turn a little purple. You can see some pics of it purple on one of the threads I posted.

H

HipHopAnonymous

Yeah.. they looked nice when I was last there. I bet they look even better now. Save me a nug of that OG Dawg I gave you. I havent flowered that one out yet, but I heard from who I got it from that its pretty damn good. Curious to see what its like. I have about 25 of them going in soil right now.

Thanks. She has grown big and mighty. I havent tried the smoke yet, but Im sure it will be lovely. I would def grow it again. The thing that weirds me the fuck out is the smell, My 3x3x5 tent with no carbon filter and 5 big budding plants doesn't smell at all..Well bearly, I have to stick my face in them or touch a branch to get a good wiff. I figured it would be way stronger..

H

HipHopAnonymous

Nice. Are you using tap water straight? Are you using calmg? Just curious. Yeah I'm sure once you get this run under your belt you will have a good idea as to what's up. Just get used to your plants and they will tell you what they need. Are you gonna get a bigger light or work with the HOs? I'm looking to use one of those HOs that you can turn off a couple bulbs and then increase when you get roots and need a veg space. I tend to use MHs for moms and veg, HPS for flower. You could get away with a 400w aircooled hood a 3x3 tray and a SCROG screen. Find a strain you like that enjoys being trained and away you go! Search some SCROG threads on here and bring a bib! lmao PM me when you are able to.

Cheers,
Crom

Im using water I let sit out for a day, Then I use a digital meter and adjust my ph with "up and down" (blue and orange bottles). No Calmg, not even sure what that does to be honest. I was gonna stick with my light for another run at least, Im happy with the outcome and the no heat thing is great. I use the right temp tube for veg/flower along with a shit ton of the 150 watt Cfls. When I get another tent to add to the fun I will most likely get a good size HIDs.
my lights

E

Elite Nugs

Thanks. She has grown big and mighty. I havent tried the smoke yet, but Im sure it will be lovely. I would def grow it again. The thing that weirds me the fuck out is the smell, My 3x3x5 tent with no carbon filter and 5 big budding plants doesn't smell at all..Well bearly, I have to stick my face in them or touch a branch to get a good wiff. I figured it would be way stronger..

Your probably just use to it, since its right there in your room. When I use to grow in my garage, friends would come over and talk about how strong the smell was. Some would even say they could smell it from the front of my house and I was running a carbon scrubber, but I didnt smell anything. You just start to get use to it and dont smell it at all. Leave your house for a few days.. then come back and I'll bet you'll smell it then. I even got reported to the Home Owners association for the smell. My landlord came over and hit me up about it and asked to see what was in my garage. Lol. Luckily for me, my landlord turned out to be a big time smoker and was super excited to see what I had going on. I gave him free weed and cookies to keep things cool and quiet. Lol.

But anyway.. your probably just use to it.

E

Elite Nugs

Im using water I let sit out for a day, Then I use a digital meter and adjust my ph with "up and down" (blue and orange bottles). No Calmg, not even sure what that does to be honest. I was gonna stick with my light for another run at least, Im happy with the outcome and the no heat thing is great. I use the right temp tube for veg/flower along with a shit ton of the 150 watt Cfls. When I get another tent to add to the fun I will most likely get a good size HIDs.
my lights

Calmag is a Calcium and Magnesium additive that a ton of people use. Since your using tap water though... I wouldnt add any Calmag. Not unless you can get a water analyst from the water department to see how much calcium is already in your tap water. Too much calcium will lock out magnesium and cause you nothing but problems. I cant even use my house tap water because it has soo much calcium in it.

If you were using reverse osmosis water, then I would add a tiny bit of calmag. I think a lot of people think that Calmag is some miracle nutrient, but since I stopped using it, I dont see any difference in my plants and I use RO water.

I think its amazing that you grew those nice buds with little ol florescent lights. Those buds are bigger then some peoples that I've seen that were running high intensity lights. Just flush properly, harvest at the correct time and dry and cure correctly and you will definitely have some top shelf buds, probably better then what a lot of collectives have. Harvesting at the correct time is key though. Dont pull them all at the same time. That OG Dawg should probably be first.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Im assuming this is directed towards me, since Im the one who made the claim.

I use to have a perpetual garden that gave me a harvest every single month. So I've lost count as to how many times I've ran the same exact strains. I know them all very well, and I know that when I drop my light cycle down 2-4 hours, the difference is undeniable within the first couple days. Pictures have been posted for everyone viewing pleasure.

I used to do a perpetual grow with two stages in flower at all times. This was way back in the day, when the fuzz would be more than happy to have a warrant sworn out for a suspiciously high power bill, whether they got it legitimately or not... So as part of an overall plan to drive my power consumption down, I ran my flower room at 10 hours on and 14 off all the time, for the entire grow. I got incredible resin production and pretty short flowering times. In fact, the total bud time was right around 40 days, or 6 weeks. Since I am not certain of many things- like what the strain was, for instance (my buddy who gave them to me told me they were a northern lights cross, something I have no way of verifying), I can't speak to all the variables.

I do know the strain I ran showed all the signs of an indica, and resin production was top notch. I also know that the plants were always decent producers, but never huge. Again, I dialed things in because of the perpetual grow system I was running... and I think that made all the difference.

FWIW

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Hmmm ... some strains stink more than others but that's not a really good sign -esp since you mentioned one of them is an OG/Chem. If I open my tent my wife can smell it two rooms away. I leave the scrubber on, but I guess some stank spills out. I have a few plants that I nuked (w/ nutes and/or azamax) that have no smell or resin production. But don't sweat it, learning to grow is a process - gotta enjoy the journey.

I have the same tent. Check my latest grow thread for a kickass ventilation/scrubber set-up that won't take up any space inside your tent.
G/L

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Here's a link to help others find what's in their local tap water.

cfpub.*epa.*gov/*safewater/*ccr/*index.*cfm

Hiphop your local water has 24 ppm calcium, and 4.3 ppm magnesium. The pH out of the tap is 7.85. You also have 17 ppm silica and 1.75 ppm potassium.

Darth Fader

Darth Fader

P.S. - Just starting my flush myself. Been running 11/13 for that last wk. I'll probably switch to MH & run it at 75% power (waiting on the MH bulb). I know people raise their lights but I'm out of space (ergo the 75% power). Also, my wife will be taking care of them and ... well let's just say I don't want temps to hit 87 like they did last wk b/c someone didn't turn on the ac. Insurance for my girls.

Considering trying the 10/14. My resin coverage is already good & not really worried about losing some fraction of weight. Seems like it may be a worthy experiment.

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Nice DF! Hope that trick works for you! Maybe post a pic of the strain run without the light change and a pic after this run? I'm curious to see the results.

H

HipHopAnonymous

Here's a link to help others find what's in their local tap water.

Hiphop your local water has 24 ppm calcium, and 4.3 ppm magnesium. The pH out of the tap is 7.85. You also have 17 ppm silica and 1.75 ppm potassium.

http://cfpub.epa.gov/safewater/ccr/index.cfm?OpenView

Holy shit I didnt even know you could find that stuff..I was just playing it safe and only PH my water after I add my nuits (Foxfarm trio), nothing else. I didnt wanna fuck anything up. I cant/dont know how to measure any of those things and dont know what would be optimal if I could. Most of these things are over my head, this very idea makes me stay away from hydro setup as of now. I just follow a feeding chart and keep my mouth shut lol.

H

HipHopAnonymous

Hmmm ... some strains stink more than others but that's not a really good sign -esp since you mentioned one of them is an OG/Chem. If I open my tent my wife can smell it two rooms away. I leave the scrubber on, but I guess some stank spills out. I have a few plants that I nuked (w/ nutes and/or azamax) that have no smell or resin production. But don't sweat it, learning to grow is a process - gotta enjoy the journey.

I have the same tent. Check my latest grow thread for a kickass ventilation/scrubber set-up that won't take up any space inside your tent.
G/L

I have no idea besides maybe since my tent is always a little open with 4 fans pushing and pulling air every direction, the smell cant build up..? Maybe I am kinda use to it..? What is noticeable is right after lights out, all zipped up I can smell this very fresh green smell..not like weed, just like very fresh plants it smells great. Dont know what thats about..? I will check out your thread for more ideas, thanks.

Top Bottom