2 King Tut growing in RDWC

• Thread starter stltoed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cashmeh

Cashmeh

View attachment 1179696View attachment 1179697View attachment 1179698View attachment 1179699
View attachment 1179700

Budding is in full swing. 17 days in flower. Things are going well. I still don't have my second fan, and a little pissed about it, but it is what it is. The exhaust fan turning on every hour for a few minutes is keeping the humidity at bay. After the exhaust cycle the CO2 is still at around 700, but within two CO2 burns the gas is back on target. I've been giving the hydro plants 2 teaspoons of Cytoplus, an additive from Bioag. It's higher in Potassiun, Sulphur and a handful of micros. It's a humates based nute with kelp. 2 teaspoons is far below the recommended dose. We'll see how it goes.
That flat canopy is nice. My multiple strains make it hard to do that. I might cut it down to 3 strains, 2 of each.. At least it would be easier to manage.

Anyways your plants are looking good, I expected nothing less lol..

stltoed

stltoed

That flat canopy is nice. My multiple strains make it hard to do that. I might cut it down to 3 strains, 2 of each.. At least it would be easier to manage.

Anyways your plants are looking good, I expected nothing less lol..
Yeah, you knew it was probably gonna go like that but tried it anyway. I like the risk taking. Might as well give it a try

Thanks Cash!

stltoed

stltoed

I basically forgot about this thing...
20211019 170825

20211019 170855

The air layered branch. I cut it off and planted it. I have no real plans for it, but its good to know that it works

stltoed

stltoed

It is really cool to see it work And the plant looks health.
I put it in a half gallon pot to acclimatize and grow some roots. I'm out of root additive, but I'll up the "P" and that will help. There's a lot of easy nutrients in my soil. One thing I should have done but didn't was powder the roots with mycorhizae, just have to water it in. But to be honest I don't have a good place for it.

stltoed

stltoed

Morning shots. Something you probably already know... if you want to make your buds "pop" shoot them in the dark. In the lower right of this first pic. you can see the air layered plant
20211020 075054
20211020 075038
20211020 075704

stltoed

stltoed

Armed with my recent success with air layering I've decided to air layer a branch on the big plant. It's strong enough to fill both scrogs by itself. So I will modify my RDWC to make it one tub... probably a 8 inch pot, and plant the clone. I'll veg the shit out of it, use gas, fill the scrog and go for a 2+ pound plant.

I will pull the flowers from the clone which l will help keep it from flowering as profusely, but won't hurt anything. It will need to shift back to a veg state. This is a photo period situation. Once the light changes back to 24 hours hormones will kick in and vegging will be possible again. Monster cropping will play a large part in this. Monster cropping can basically double your tops and make the body of the plant muck more dense... but not always. I've done a lot of monster cropping. It's fun and the results... mottled, twisted leaves, variation, and ultra thick branching. The parent plant already has this issue, but if it was properly stretched out it would be perfect.

So, next season will be king tut again, but only 1 plant with an honest max effort to harvest 2+ pounds. The plus is there for a reason.

stltoed

stltoed

20211020 122508

I did 2 just in case. I soaked the media in a very weak solution of Ful Humix. A very mild humate that will increase micros and carbon. These clones should root a little faster due to their proximity to the light. We'll see if flower fucks that all up.

I pulled all the flowers off both clones, I'll have to do this more than once if history has a memory. I cut off the top. This will stop vertical growth Ieaving meristem cells only at the nodes and future roots. I don't want to get too invasive, well any more than I have to. The clock begins.

stltoed

stltoed

@Aqua Man is there any merit to adding massive doses of pH buffer to a fresh water, then dialing in pH to help pH stability?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Aqua Man is there any merit to adding massive doses of pH buffer to a fresh water, then dialing in pH to help pH stability?
Well yes and no... a rock solid PH means 2 things

1. Yes plants absolutely love stability but a slow ph drift allows for a bit wider range of uptake of different nutrients as PH has a large impact on availability and even form. Like ammonia for eg. High PH it's in the form of free ammonia and low ph shift towards ammonium.

None the less it's not likely to do any harm nor provide a benefit.

2. It depends on the PH up and the source used. Adding a shit ton or say sodium bicarbonate is absolutely detrimental, adding a shit ton of potassium bicarbonate or silicate for that matter will affect nutrients ratios and that's something you need to take into account because nutrient ratios also play a big role in availability. To much potassium can reduce the availability of phosphorus, magnesium, boron and increase the demand for iron.

So imo 50-100ppm alkalinity where you want to be.

BrokenHome

BrokenHome

Your grow is looking great! Well, this is what I have decided to try for my next run. Found the Bacio Fruit seed a day ago in a bag of shake I bought in Denver this summer. Threw it in and it popped. lol.

stltoed

stltoed

Well yes and no... a rock solid PH means 2 things

1. Yes plants absolutely love stability but a slow ph drift allows for a bit wider range of uptake of different nutrients as PH has a large impact on availability and even form. Like ammonia for eg. High PH it's in the form of free ammonia and low ph shift towards ammonium.

None the less it's not likely to do any harm nor provide a benefit.

2. It depends on the PH up and the source used. Adding a shit ton or say sodium bicarbonate is absolutely detrimental, adding a shit ton of potassium bicarbonate or silicate for that matter will affect nutrients ratios and that's something you need to take into account because nutrient ratios also play a big role in availability. To much potassium can reduce the availability of phosphorus, magnesium, boron and increase the demand for iron.

So imo 50-100ppm alkalinity where you want to be.
I've been reading that people would put a ton of "UP" in their system first thing after a res change to aid in stability. Seemed kinda silly, but i thought I'd see what you had to say.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've been reading that people would put a ton of "UP" in their system first thing after a res change to aid in stability. Seemed kinda silly, but i thought I'd see what you had to say.
Yeah they are taking a proven benefit and exaggerating it.

Like most things ppl think if something is good then more is better.... false.

stltoed

stltoed

The light intensity is really high on the top of the longest colas. At this time I'm not gonna do anything about it. The vast majority of the buds are in a good place and all of them seem to like where they are at. Including the tall ones. No bleaching, no burn, but I will I'll be wlatching.

I'm gonna do a nutrient change with just tap water. So no Silica this time. I'm sure I'll have the broken water line sorted by the next change. Hope you're all good.

Did they nute change in 10 minutes. With Silica it takes me all day sometimes... this one was kinda nice

stltoed

stltoed

The air layering clones aren't doing so hot. 1 is showing brown leaf edges, since there aren't many leaves it may be a deathblow. The other is doing better, but is heading in the same direction. I think the issue is that I pulled all the buds off and it's hard on the plants especially given the cycled lights. Too many flowering hormones. I could try again, but I think I'm gonna take the first clone and start it in a second hydro rig.

Let's face it, I planned on changing some things around for next season, basically making a new rig. Why not make a new rig and start someplace else, like my office. So I bought 2 20 gallon brute totes and will put together another RDWC 1 res, 1 bucket. 3 inch bulkheads this time. Same internal return line design. Bulkheads are by Banjo this time. I looked at Hayward, but they were just too spendy, and Current Culture wouldn't work for what I was after. Using male hose barbs this time. I'll be using an 8 inch net pot, not a 6, and I'm using the wide lipped 5 gallon bucket style. I'm not gonna buy an 8 inch hole saw, so the wide lip will cover any issues with errant jigsaw cuts. I will be using a CMH for this part of the grow. I don't want to buy a special light for this. So, there it is... making a boring part of flower more interesting. The above items have been ordered.

BrokenHome

BrokenHome

Sorry to hear about the clones. This is what I used to cut the lids for my 8in baskets. Worked well but it’s a little dangerous.
50F810F7 D645 49B2 9E81 1DE4ED921F72

D160274D E49B 424D BF02 56BECF7584DB
Last edited:
Top Bottom