2 King Tut growing in RDWC

• Thread starter stltoed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stltoed

stltoed

Sometimes I show stupid shit I've done that seems to work... pretty sure most of you have seen this... this one is about my sifter.

It's just a platform to allow the screen to be vigorously shaken to remove trichomes. It uses a robust masager to shake the screen, but anything the vibrates (finishing sander, concrete vibrator, etc) or reciprocates (Sawzall, jig saw, etc.) Should work as long as the travel is sufficient. The screen is a fairly open 150 mesh. It's made of plywood, springs, and hardware. It works well, but its too big to put away properly, hence the new big ass shelf.

Here's some shots of what it can do.
20210308 191901
20210308 172829
20210309 154929

If I did it again, I'd buy an existing screen for a rotary sifter and put a motor on it. I may actually just buy one. They're stupid expensive, but a much smaller footprint, and they usually have timed cycles which would be nice. This one does ok, its loud, and very labor intensive, but it was just a prototype, and served this function well.

Here's a video.

stltoed

stltoed

The clones are by a window so mostly natural light, but they are also close to my seedlings which get natural and a T5. All clones are starting to show roots. 👍🏼 This is my next project…
You just gonna break into Mama's gift wrapping paper and roll the whole thing?

BrokenHome

BrokenHome

Sometimes I show stupid shit I've done that seems to work... pretty sure most of you have seen this... this one is about my sifter.

It's just a platform to allow the screen to be vigorously shaken to remove trichomes. It uses a robust masager to shake the screen, but anything the vibrates (finishing sander, concrete vibrator, etc) or reciprocates (Sawzall, jig saw, etc.) Should work as long as the travel is sufficient. The screen is a fairly open 150 mesh. It's made of plywood, springs, and hardware. It works well, but its too big to put away properly, hence the new big ass shelf.

View attachment 1178410View attachment 1178411View attachment 1178412
If I did it again, I'd buy an existing screen for a rotary sifter and put a motor on it. I may actually just buy one. They're stupid expensive, but a much smaller footprint, and they usually have timed cycles which would be nice. This one does ok, its loud, and very labor intensive, but it was just a prototype, and served this function well.

Here's a video.
Wow! That is … 🤯

BrokenHome

BrokenHome

You just gonna break into Mama's gift wrapping paper and roll the whole thing?
I’d like to squish it all in a press. Lol. In my location, all I need to do is keep a pitcher of water in the tent for drying. It stays around 56% humidity.

stltoed

stltoed

I’d like to squish it all in a press. Lol. In my location, all I need to do is keep a pitcher of water in the tent for drying. It stays around 56% humidity.
You could buy yourself a heater plate cage then buy a cheap ass hydraulic press from Harbor freight and go no frills. Let's face it, the hard part is the heater plates, but there are tons online you can get for cheap.

Nice, where do you live? It's too dry where I'm at so I usually jar it up early and watch it close to finish drying.

stltoed

stltoed

Reliving my first experience with CO2. In hydro there are actually 2 plants. Early on, a light fell and broke every branch on one of them. I wanted to see it come back, but it never really did. Most of the branches were removed and it never really got with the program. I kept 4 or 5 buds from it and made the rest into oil. The larger plant with these neighbor buds did a little over 18 oz. Of great quality bud. The strain wasn't an ass kicker, WW from Seedsman, but the smell was exactly like fresh strawberries... exactly. It was so nice I grew it twice. With gas the larf was diminished substantially and the top buds were very dense/ hard flowers. This plant sold me on gas. I used a lot of top end buds to make oil. It was nice not having a ton of lesser buds.

The Candida plant did very well. It was revegged from the prior season. It got very tall and was the only thing keeping me from pulling the broken plant in hydro and vegging the big plant all alone in the 4x6 area. It would have been fun to see the space full with one plant, but I kept the stricken plant. The Candida plants did something strange. I added the LED light about 1/2 way through flower (I was using a CMH), and I think it stopped the ripening of the flowers, sort of a reset. After adding the light the plants started to foxtail I didn't have a light meter yet. The buds ended up huge, but never properly ripened. The first season had hard waxy buds. I believe if I gave them another couple weeks they would have done better. They went past the due date by 10 days if I remember right, but I think the new light tweeked the schedule.

So here are a couple videos from that season...

stltoed

stltoed

It's been 2 weeks since the beginning of flower... that was fast. So, I've decided to turn the gas back on. I'll be watching the stretch. If it goes a little sideways and the tops take off again I may turn it off again. I'm about 85 percent sure this will happen.

The training is all done and I had to go back to supercropping because I've run out of clips. There are 200 between the 3 plants. No biggie. The only time I really don't like supercropping is when the buds have taken shape and super cropping leads to a one sided bud. We aren't there yet.

I added tea and Flouralicious regular. This additive has a Nitrogen of 2 so I didn't give it a full dose. It's warm today, so I've had to readjust my chiller timer, since I'm closing the room up for gas. And I've added a air output deflector on my AC. It was designed and calibrated by NASA so it's got to be the goods. Cold air has started to blow on the plants, I can't have that. I want to keep my leaf temps up around 80, not 68.

Hope all is well.

stltoed

stltoed

Good morning. Happy Saturday!

I bought a couple fans, only 1 of which has shown up so far. I got sick of cheesy fans dieing on me so I bought them from Air King. I'll tell you more about it in the video.

The humidity is a bit high. Tut is pretty good for mold resistance from what I understand, but theres just so much mass in the canopy on the plant on the left. These new fans will help keep the pathogens at bay... we'll see

BrokenHome

BrokenHome

Won some Purple Frost Giant beans from a drawing on WTTGT. I’ll get these started today. From my initial inspection looks like 3 females and 2 males.
13E2FC68 9BCE 4327 AB4D 3D67D62B351D

BrokenHome

BrokenHome

Good morning. Happy Saturday!

I bought a couple fans, only 1 of which has shown up so far. I got sick of cheesy fans dieing on me so I bought them from Air King. I'll tell you more about it in the video.

The humidity is a bit high. Tut is pretty good for mold resistance from what I understand, but theres just so much mass in the canopy on the plant on the left. These new fans will help keep the pathogens at bay... we'll see

I have a small air king fan. No issues with it so far. Fan placement in the tent was tricky for me at first. Parts of my plants would get wind burned if not placed in just the right spot.

stltoed

stltoed

I have a small air king fan. No issues with it so far. Fan placement in the tent was tricky for me at first. Parts of my plants would get wind burned if not placed in just the right spot.
It can be a bitch. I've tried many different kinds of fans with many locations. I even took apart a fan, removing the fan blades and fan guard then taped a duct to the motor which was connected to an inline fan.
20190506 143234

Not very pretty, but it worked well... for a while. This fan would oscillate in patterns, figure 8s and up and down along with back and forth. It don't remember how long it lasted, but it wasn't long enough. And even it was always in the way.

So I found fans blowing from underneath will keep the mold away from tight interiors. And leaf burn isn't a factor. So you may not get motion on the leaves " to make strong limbs" but it is what it is. I don't have the room to have fans blow the top around properly.

BrokenHome

BrokenHome

You can tell by looking at the seeds?! Man that's quite a talent. That's cool, free is always good. Congratulations!
Female seeds are almost perfectly round on one end. Male seeds are more irregular and pointy. I would take a photo but already put them in their cubes to germinate.

stltoed

stltoed

20211017 104958
20211015 181557
20211017 105020
20211017 105138

20211017 105120

Budding is in full swing. 17 days in flower. Things are going well. I still don't have my second fan, and a little pissed about it, but it is what it is. The exhaust fan turning on every hour for a few minutes is keeping the humidity at bay. After the exhaust cycle the CO2 is still at around 700, but within two CO2 burns the gas is back on target. I've been giving the hydro plants 2 teaspoons of Cytoplus, an additive from Bioag. It's higher in Potassiun, Sulphur and a handful of micros. It's a humates based nute with kelp. 2 teaspoons is far below the recommended dose. We'll see how it goes.

stltoed

stltoed

View attachment 1178410View attachment 1178411View attachment 1178412

Here's a video.

View attachment 305459
View attachment 305460View attachment 305461

Here's a video.
My shaker thingy died while sifting the last of the Wembley, so I ended up doing it manually. Still, not a bad haul for the aged bud. I didn't weigh it but it was probably 3-3.5 ounces. I didn't weigh the dust.
20211017 121441

stltoed

stltoed

I made fake good hash.

It worked OK. It's not rock hard, like some of my other blocks of hash. I pressed it harder than. I have in the past, and it did break the paper, but it picked up the stuff that shot out and repressed it. I think if I withheld a couple pumps and let it sit so the oil has time to permeate it would have been better.

This is something I've always wanted to try. I think it could be more popular if someone comes up with temp time and pressure. My gauge doesn't even register the pressure I'm putting down. I guess the moral to this story is to grow a nice oily hash plant and do away with my extracted oil altogether. Have fun.

Top Bottom