2 King Tut growing in RDWC

• Thread starter stltoed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Gotcha. How are you today?
Little tired but good... had my forst night I could sit at home and rest... then got called into work overnight... so yeah maybe next Monday 🤔 ... oh yeah wait inlaws are coming for a few weeks Saturday lol... maybe I'll rent a hotel room for a day and just leave my phone at home and disappear for a day lol

stltoed

stltoed

Little tired but good... had my forst night I could sit at home and rest... then got called into work overnight... so yeah maybe next Monday 🤔 ... oh yeah wait inlaws are coming for a few weeks Saturday lol... maybe I'll rent a hotel room for a day and just leave my phone at home and disappear for a day lol
Haha! I hear you. What do you do for a living?

I started out as a Plastic Injection Mold Maker... third generation. I left the bench in 01 and worked as a Tooling Engineer, and Manufacturing Engineer. I bought a seat of Solidworks in 2012 and started my own company. Local laws regarding gig work basically destroyed all that, so I went back to Manufacturing Engineering for a bit. I think I'm semi retired now haha.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Haha! I hear you. What do you do for a living?

I started out as a Plastic Injection Mold Maker... third generation. I left the bench in 01 and worked as a Tooling Engineer, and Manufacturing Engineer. I bought a seat of Solidworks in 2012 and started my own company. Local laws regarding gig work basically destroyed all that, so I went back to Manufacturing Engineering for a bit. I think I'm semi retired now haha.
Millwright by trade work a few shifts a week because they are short. Right now my main is for a Union, I look after 2 provinces and it's absolutely nuts busy with all this flu flip flop stuff and companies looking for loopholes in every area they can. Pretty much on call 24/7 and the phone never stops ringing. Plus I do a fair amount of odd jobs on the side. Some for money and some for just the benefit of helping others who need. Pretty much on here the whole time I'm working and doing what I can between tasks and driving. Prob about 90hrs a week right now.

Always been a workaholic but quickly realizing my age and body are not going to keep thus up much longer.

stltoed

stltoed

Millwright by trade work a few shifts a week because they are short. Right now my main is for a Union, I look after 2 provinces and it's absolutely nuts busy with all this flu flip flop stuff and companies looking for loopholes in every area they can. Pretty much on call 24/7 and the phone never stops ringing. Plus I do a fair amount of odd jobs on the side. Some for money and some for just the benefit of helping others who need. Pretty much on here the whole time I'm working and doing what I can between tasks and driving. Prob about 90hrs a week right now.

Always been a workaholic but quickly realizing my age and body are not going to keep thus up much longer.
Damn! You are busy. We'll, thank you for taking the time to answer silly questions. You're a good man AM, and generous with your time and knowledge

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm still curious at least. A video I watched showed marine life could live with just nanobubbles. I didn't see anything about it increasing the o2 levels or ppms, more less it just replicates surface retention time.

So if acted as if we could suspend water in mid air, it would then have a surface all around it. Wouldn't it then be exchanging gases on all sides, not just the natural surface? So if I apply that concept to a submerged bubble, wouldn't it slowly dissolve over time? I don't know if pressure would slow or speed up this process. I'm just saying if you could keep an air bubble underwater forever wouldn't it dissolve and raise the o2 levels? I don't understand water o2 ppm levels yet. I am not suggesting these bubbles dissolving will increase o2 levels above a normal thresholds, I'm just asking that without surface movement or even available o2 at the surface, isn't it possible submerged bubbles, aka nano bubbles could replenish depleted o2 levels?

I watch these biofloc videos on how they keep their water aerated and all have one thing in common, keeping as many bubbles underwater as possible at any given time.

I need chemistry lessons obviously.
Yes but the gas makeup of these bubbles include o2. Being that o2 is the gas aerobic microbes, invertebrates, fish and other organisms consume. While it may ot be explicitly stated that is the reason they are employing this tech. So to answer yes in this case it's more than feasible to replenish o2 with nano bubbles. 2f you look at how water mixing and o2 levels correlate you will see the highest o2 levels at the surface and they usually decline in depth more rapidly where water is stagnant and the volume of o2 consuming life is higher.

Light only penetrates water so deep and therefore algae and plants are not present that help produce and oxygenate water.

This can inhibit the organism responsible for the breakdown of waste. Not that many have not adapted to environments to do so.

The depth adds a lot of pressure which increase the amount of dissolved gas that water can hold (basically changing equilibrium in a sense) this is exactly how divers end up getting the bends (decompression sickness)

There is a lot more to this but basically in our systems it's just not needed, more beneficial or really feasible like it is in other applications.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Damn! You are busy. We'll, thank you for taking the time to answer silly questions. You're a good man AM, and generous with your time and knowledge
Making up for the yrs of being a shithead lol. Helping ppl is rewarding and makes a person feel good.

If you can help someone it's not a question of why but rather why not? To many ppl think they need to be compensated for doing so, and they should be but sometimes a simple thanks you is equal pay for equal work. Doesn't always need to be material.

stltoed

stltoed

Making up for the yrs of being a shithead lol. Helping ppl is rewarding and makes a person feel good.

If you can help someone it's not a question of why but rather why not? To many ppl think they need to be compensated for doing so, and they should be but sometimes a simple thanks you is equal pay for equal work. Doesn't always need to be material.
Going from super hero to Saint is a lofty goal. But, I think you'll make it. Saint Aqua Man has a nice ring to it.

I used to be much more into helping folks on forums, but not so much anymore.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Going from super hero to Saint is a lofty goal. But, I think you'll make it. Saint Aqua Man has a nice ring to it.

I used to be much more into helping folks on forums, but not so much anymore.
Just need to pick and choose bro. Much easier on the sanity. The lack of patience I had in my younger yrs I seemed to have gained in my older years.

Apparently I'm trading my eyesight, memory, physical capability and energy levels for patience lol. Not sure that's a fair tradeoff but what's life without change.

Far from a Saint and definitely never was a super hero but just trying to be a better person in a world that rewards greed and self-preservation.

I blame the internet lol.

stltoed

stltoed

Just need to pick and choose bro. Much easier on the sanity. The lack of patience I had in my younger yrs I seemed to have gained in my older years.

Apparently I'm trading my eyesight, memory, physical capability and energy levels for patience lol. Not sure that's a fair tradeoff but what's life without change.

Far from a Saint and definitely never was a super hero but just trying to be a better person in a world that rewards greed and self-preservation.

I blame the internet lol.
Right on. Well you're a huge benefit for the rest of us, super hero status or not

stltoed

stltoed

Hey all... I was just at the ChilLED website and was surprised to find a sale on the lights I use. 2 500 watt fixtures that cover 3x5 each for a little over a $1000 for the pair. I paid $1500. A very good solution for a 4x6 grow area. Just an FYI.

stltoed

stltoed

AND then there's this... A 1000 real watt monster for a grand! Unreal.

I almost bought this light, but needed a wider spread.. I ended up with what I have because it's basically the 1000 watt fixture cut in half. I love my lights. They test better than Q board Diablos. Just don't use their ratchet hangers!, but the lights are amazing.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

AND then there's this... A 1000 real watt monster for a grand! Unreal.

I almost bought this light, but needed a wider spread.. I ended up with what I have because it's basically the 1000 watt fixture cut in half. I love my lights. They test better than Q board Diablos. Just don't use their ratchet hangers!, but the lights are amazing.

I know it all sounds good but it's not. I'm not talking the quality or anything other than it's way way overkill and to use that at full power you would have to hang higher and that would mean all that extra light would be wasted. There is only so much a plant can utilize. The Scorpion diablo and gavitas already require co2 to maximize. I can't see how it would be of any benefit personally. A 600w model absolutely 💯 👌

stltoed

stltoed

I know it all sounds good but it's not. I'm not talking the quality or anything other than it's way way overkill and to use that at full power you would have to hang higher and that would mean all that extra light would be wasted. There is only so much a plant can utilize. The Scorpion diablo and gavitas already require co2 to maximize. I can't see how it would be of any benefit personally. A 600w model absolutely 💯 👌
I didn't get one

stltoed

stltoed

Today is meant for SCROGing.

I'm setting up a second SCROG net on the big plant. I'll probably do something for the smaller one as well, but the big one is much more urgent. The smaller is growing slower and there's quite a bit more headroom above the smaller one, so, I'm not super anxious to do anything drastic to the little one.

The plan is to add the a net 38 inches off the ground. It will be mounted to the wall on 2 sides, then clipped to the net on the otherside, and to a post that doesn't exist yet, in the front. The existing net is too low to be any use. If I clipped branches to it they would break. I started with 36 inches, which may have been better for the short plant, but may have wound up an issue with the larger one. As of right this second I plan on having both nets at the same level... that may change.

The interaction between the plant and my SCROG is a bit different than the usual "tucking", that is so popular with using a net. I do it a bit differently. I use clips to pull the limb down from below. The limb grows through the net and stays above it. It's only held down at 1 point (usually) with a clip so it's a healthier lifestyle for the plant, better "air" and light and let's it do its thing instead of holding it down. One great benefit of doing it like this is the limb is adjustable. More than once have I unclipped limbs to get to my output filter, or check roots. Simply unclip them, move 'em and put them back when you're done. Or, if the stretch is about over and I decide the tops need more or less on the verticle. This is an impossibility once the branch is established in a conventional SCROG without breaking branches or cutting the net. I've been doing this for a little while, and will never go back to tucking.

Here's a brief video of my plans in the shed.

So, I've mounted the net and pulled the limbs through it. I'm gonna go through everything again and make sure there aren't any lost branches in below the net, which would spell death to that area of the plant, or at least make it useless. Once the net is pulled level and the limbs are clipped down I'll share the next video. Cheers!

stltoed

stltoed

A couple close ups...
20211010 192013
20211010 191950

Getting ready for some flowers.

I ended up supercropping some of the smaller branches during my assault on the hydro twins. Well, to be honest it wasn't my intention, they e did up super cropped... they got damaged in the adding of the new net. So I'm gonna let them relax before I clip them down. Some may not be needing clips. I just don't want them to be moved too much with damaged branches. I could let it go for a week and finish clipping them then. They are basically pretty level now, and a bit lower then they were. Not much happened to the smaller plant. It could actually grow into the net a bit more. I could finish that one tomorrow if I wanted to.

Hope your weekend was a good one!

stltoed

stltoed

Plants looking good. How is the clone doing?
Thank you. It's in the wrong place. If it were at the top of the canopy I think I might be seeing roots. This is just a guess of course.

How's your next round looking? Are you going to have blue roots?

BrokenHome

BrokenHome

Right now I have 8 in the cloner from the greenhouse and 6 seedlings sprouting so maybe soon… 🤞🏼
374F0EEF 522B 4C2C 9C24 2259FCC90E2A

stltoed

stltoed

Right now I have 8 in the cloner from the greenhouse and 6 seedlings sprouting so maybe soon… 🤞🏼
View attachment 1178325
What sort of light are you using? Looks like it'll work pretty well. If your leaves are touching the walls of your "humidity dome" make a spray of 1.5% peroxide and water and spray the leaves a bit. Pathogens love this area and can start funkiness there pretty easily. Cutting leaves back a bit more may make it easier also. If I'm cloning monster cropped, or woodier branches I'll leave more leaves because they take longer, and need nutrients from the leaves, but with clean, young clippings, I usually cut them back pretty seriously. And the cleaner the cloner and the area around it the better.

You've done well my friend! It's good to talk to someone who'll actually listen haha. This forum is pretty boring. On some of the others this thread would be over 100 pages by now. It is what it is

BrokenHome

BrokenHome

What sort of light are you using? Looks like it'll work pretty well. If your leaves are touching the walls of your "humidity dome" make a spray of 1.5% peroxide and water and spray the leaves a bit. Pathogens love this area and can start funkiness there pretty easily. Cutting leaves back a bit more may make it easier also. If I'm cloning monster cropped, or woodier branches I'll leave more leaves because they take longer, and need nutrients from the leaves, but with clean, young clippings, I usually cut them back pretty seriously. And the cleaner the cloner and the area around it the better.

You've done well my friend! It's good to talk to someone who'll actually listen haha. This forum is pretty boring. On some of the others this thread would be over 100 pages by now. It is what it is

The clones are by a window so mostly natural light, but they are also close to my seedlings which get natural and a T5. All clones are starting to show roots. 👍🏼 This is my next project…

29145109 449F 4F66 8EC7 35296BEC5E7A

Latest posts

Top Bottom