20 light, 25 plant, Screen of Green

• Thread starter BC farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
To all our fellow farmers (and anyone else for that matter); we reserve the rights to all/any of our designs, systems, or ideas on this website, to be used by us or by other members for personal production only.
In no way do we approve of the content in any of our posts, pictures, or text, to be used commercially or to to be marketed for financial gain. All rights reserved.
Thx

Unfortunately, there are probably brochures for despenseries as well as growers claiming your grow as their own already printed and being handed out...I'll let ya know if I see any at the cup..

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

Well its about time I created an account and start posting, and the farm seems like the place to do it. This grow is undoubtedly one of the nicest scrogs on the net! Amazing work BC and Hort. I have stolen your design and built very similar "smart troughs" in one of my rooms that has the ceiling for it, and am very excited to see how the plants like them.

Unfortunately, we too are battling root zone insects ( gnats and possibly RA ) and are interested in nematodes. The type i have seen come in container mixed with what looks like some sort of soil. I assume you spread that around and water them through? Are there better methods of application for Nematodes? Thanks in advance for anyones help.

I'm very excited about finally posting, hopefully soon enough be able to put up pictures. Unfortunately here in Canada our MMAR program is changing for the worst ( from a personal production standpoint ) and this is a great way to get great meds while we still can! Great job from another Interior BC farmer!

hort-hog

hort-hog

Unfortunately, we too are battling root zone insects ( gnats and possibly RA ) and are interested in nematodes. The type i have seen come in container mixed with what looks like some sort of soil. I assume you spread that around and water them through? Are there better methods of application for Nematodes? Thanks in advance for anyones help.
We just mix them into the res and water them in. You can save a small portion and spray that on foliage and fabric as well, although we have no proof that this increases efficacy.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

We just mix them into the res and water them in. You can save a small portion and spray that on foliage and fabric as well, although we have no proof that this increases efficacy.

Thanks for the quick response ! Good luck in the battle, although with Caps bennies puttin' in work and Nematodes I think you fellas have it covered ;)

hort-hog

hort-hog

ladies look so happy! thanks for all the info Hort-hog

Yo're welcome! BTW, yes, the screens are buckling. Buckling upward.

The plants are certainly exerting some force as they grow. They are monsters the way they're growing.

We figure this is the tail end of the stretch, 2 weeks in. Aprox 18" of post-flip stretch. There's definately a balance here between empty screen space and overgrown/unmanageable. We've got a little of both so I think we nailed our veg time.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I'm contemplating a similar kind of ScrOG, only vertical, and the biggest variable for me is dealing with the stretch phase and hoping the canopy is filled. I'm not as worried about overgrowth as I am about empty spaces, as I can just thin the plant- can't do anything about open space.

Any tips on how to time your plants for stretch?

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

To all our fellow farmers (and anyone else for that matter); we reserve the rights to all/any of our designs, systems, or ideas on this website, to be used by us or by other members for personal production only.
In no way do we approve of the content in any of our posts, pictures, or text, to be used commercially or to to be marketed for financial gain. All rights reserved.
Thx

thanks again :bookworm:
IMGP1223IMGP1224IMGP1230IMGP1253IMGP1254IMGP1226IMGP1227

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

Nice troughs, loaded mine up with nine plants each about a week ago! 55 I noticed you have wheels that spin to move them around, heads up the troughs get real heavy and i'v noticed the casters that aren't a huge PITA are ones that move only back and fourth (no spin). The ones that spin never seem to be pointing in the direction you want to go and it doesn't slide over smoothly.

KUSHPILES

KUSHPILES

I'm contemplating a similar kind of ScrOG, only vertical, and the biggest variable for me is dealing with the stretch phase and hoping the canopy is filled. I'm not as worried about overgrowth as I am about empty spaces, as I can just thin the plant- can't do anything about open space.

Any tips on how to time your plants for stretch?

I'd say number 1 is to make sure know your strain. For us. training into scrogs takes about 2-3 weeks from flip..We flip when the screens are roughly 2/3 full and its an every day job or else they will over grow the screen and be too tall.

5ecret 5quirrel

5ecret 5quirrel

Nice troughs, loaded mine up with nine plants each about a week ago! 55 I noticed you have wheels that spin to move them around, heads up the troughs get real heavy and i'v noticed the casters that aren't a huge PITA are ones that move only back and fourth (no spin). The ones that spin never seem to be pointing in the direction you want to go and it doesn't slide over smoothly.
yep doesn’t slide well at all, and my fabric isn’t thick enough so i had to double it up. i’m almost done and my lights should show up tomorrow. i’ll post a pic asap!

quick question for anyone out there, i have a large lung might be too large it’s the same as the grow room itself. 4x7 meters and 6 meters high.

should i bring air into the lung
A) through the elevator shaft that connects to the first floor
B) directly from outside (60-80%RH almost year round)
C) pull air from car park basement (60-80%Rh)
D) don’t bother with it and let air flow through the cracks and windows.

any feed back would be great

Tony69

Tony69

Hort-hog,
Can you share the final bedding mixture you came up with? It seems that you had Pro-mix, coco and perlite. Ratios? I'm curious if you amended the mix with dolmite and what ph did it come out at and what was the ph of your feedings. Also, have you ever looked at Lambert peat moss? They have a mixture of 60% peat, 40% perlite amended with limestone and dolomite.
Thanks.

hort-hog

hort-hog

1:1:2
Hort-hog,
Can you share the final bedding mixture you came up with? It seems that you had Pro-mix, coco and perlite. Ratios? I'm curious if you amended the mix with dolmite and what ph did it come out at and what was the ph of your feedings. Also, have you ever looked at Lambert peat moss? They have a mixture of 60% peat, 40% perlite amended with limestone and dolomite.
Thanks.
1:1:2 perlite, coco, promix. Total 10gal at a time that we mix up with 1/4 cup of dolomite lime, 1 tsp Capulator's "root pack", and 1 cup worm castings.
Although on this run we will be reusing our soil. Already packed with bennies and hella cheaper.

BC farmer

BC farmer

Hi Farmers,

Here are some pics of the last round we took down. Some foxtailing occured despite the lowering of our temps. Time to switch up strains! This was Mighty Mites last round.

Thank you ladies for having supplied us with amazing meds..

Week 7

Week 7

P1010881

Week 10, chop time.
P1010883
P1010884

P1010886

P1010887

One trough to the left done

P1010889

Top Bottom