20 light, 25 plant, Screen of Green

• Thread starter BC farmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
flowamasta

flowamasta

and i think i'm in love.......now that is how it's done, u legend mate, full scale, u grow exactly how i grow.......in my dreams !! ;) beautiful work, just gorgeous, soo clean, soo manageable. soo smart

K

kushtrees

love the pots and drain system very clean set up best of luck to you man im sure ur ganna kill it

this is one of the cleanest set ups ive seen here on the farm looks amazing

hort-hog

hort-hog

excellent! I sure hope that these a-wing guys are right about there layout they planned for you bro. Do you have a light meter you can play with? How much longer are you and hort going to veg?
The wings are set to the minimum spacing as recommended by the AAW inventor. And that'd make two of us hoping...
I think we'll add 5 more 600's next time rgardless. A nice, even, 0ne bulb per plant! We may lose g/W efficiency but I'm sure yield and quality will improve. Hard to have too much light.
No we don't have a light meter but for this round we're following AAW's recommendations..we figure if we do it their way then they've been given a fair shake (aside from using the super-spreaders) and I can shamelessly flame them if they don't perform. We're expecting 2lbs/1000W. They claim 2lbs/600W. Anywhere in between would be fine:).
Really not sure timewise how much longer to veg...until the screen is "full enough", I guess. This strain doesn't stretch too much but we're guessing (because neither of us has ever SCROGGED before:D). Yes. I know..., Crazy first scrog...But I'm thinking like another 10 days veg? Tempted to switch to all HPS a little sooner to get more stretch. Fill those screens.:p
super clean setup props for that, cant wait to see how your screen fills out.
Thank ya Dank. I can't wait to see them full either!
As always, thanks for the updates. Its alot of fun to see your progress. Thanks agan for sharing.
Our pleasure. We've gotten so much from the members here we just wish we had more time to post more. Was hoping to do more of a grow journal than the build. We're having fun posting too, Doc;) . Haven't talked much about feeding, pH and ppm runoff numbers...Phew! Been very busy tweaking. Glad the A/C is holding it's charge now. Bit of a scare.:eek: Not charged from the factory as it's supposed to.
We enjoy sharing our difficulties and challenges, too. All part of the process. Very humbling Humboldt.
Very clean constructions, u got an industry running there:D
Nice to see you Krasi. Thx again for the compliment. We take pride in our workmanship. A great partnership helps too:).
and i think i'm in love.......now that is how it's done, u legend mate, full scale, u grow exactly how i grow.......in my dreams !! ;) beautiful work, just gorgeous, soo clean, soo manageable. soo smart
Coming from a master flowerer such as yourself, that's very complimentary. I just hope our SCROG ends up looking as good as yours bro. Incredible macros of the trichomes, btw. We might have to buy a new camera in a couple months:p. Thanks again.

hort-hog

hort-hog

I installed a low pressure irrigation system today to keep the concrete walls wet. Low tech. Cheap.

I'll be working on automating it tmoro. And adding more nozzles...

Plants are getting close to the size that their evapotranspiration should keep the humidity in check without supplemental humidification.

Here's a look
IMG 0782

I just added this 'T' and brass BV as an allowance for future humidifying considerations. Commercial humidifier on a float valve or maybe a 1000psi fogger setup...Will be fed off RO Res.
The A/C or dehumidifier can catch this water and return it back to the res via a condensate pump. Another beautiful thing about a sealed room.This water should really be filtered before it returns to the holding tank. It'll be distilled water with airborne contaminants in it.
IMG 0770

IMG 0781
hort-hog

hort-hog

Also, in regards to this sealed grow, I'm hoping to get to the point where we will barely be using the RO unit.
Almost all of the water should return to the storage tank, including that which is produced by the CO2 burner. All that we should need to replace is the runoff we dump. Now if we could only run the whole thing on solar and wind:rolleyes:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
That's My Friggin Dream Room Man!:confused:
I totaly dig the fabric raised beds
I think I might be able to do something like that outdoors to keep some critters out of my soil. :)

Really Nice work bro.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Thanks ttystikk! The system is already running on UV/RO water because I didn't want any deposits or unwanted bacterial/fungal growth on the humidifier element (or filter if you prefer).

We could definately try swamp coolers though. I don't like the idea of there being more equipment than need be, and especially don't want to be a slave to refilling it constantly. But these things can be overcome. If misters work, they would be the cheapest option. They're very inexpensive.

Yes! I can't wait until they are transpiring enough to provide their own humidity. At the rate they're growing I think that should be soon!

This may be too late for you if you've already made a purchase, but what I did with my swamp cooler was put a float valve in the water tray, and ran a 1/4" water line to it. Now it works like a built-in whole house swamp cooler, no daily water chore required.

Every week or two you'll want to put some sort of disinfectant in the water tray, lots of stuff will work for this. Other than that, they're pretty robust and don't need much attention. And while they may not be able to handle the whole chore, the cooling they do provide is an awful lot less expensive than AC!

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I would leave the duct. I personally placed 4x 8" metal ducting around each 1K. It will help have the air even IMO.

What do you think your going to get off of each light for weight? You don't look like noobie. Love the clean built with simple. If my eyes are not making a lie to me, your crazy to have water not sitting on the floor

I thought more about some kind of water return. Use rain gutters, sump pumps(with a eletronic float switch), and a bucket or container of some sort to old the run off.

images

BC farmer

BC farmer

That's My Friggin Dream Room Man!:confused:
I totaly dig the fabric raised beds
I think I might be able to do something like that outdoors to keep some critters out of my soil. :)

Really Nice work bro.

Cool man, thanks for the kind words. Please sent a pic when /if you built them. Can't even start to imagine how they would do under outside/ideal conditions. Probably would go with a deeper trough for the massive root system they would develop..

SweetTooth

SweetTooth

Don't mean to crowed up your thread here but while were on the topic of raised fabric beds I have always wanted to try 4x8 suspended fabric soil beds. The design would be simple, Build a 4 x8 box with 2x10" and nail a sheet of 4x4 mesh rebar to the underside with u-shaped nails. Next all you need to do is line it with the Landscape cloth and your done. (you would need a concrete floor with drainage)

tahoe og 510

tahoe og 510

Bad ass set up bro I'm drooling over here .I don't think I've seen cleaner set up..keep up.the good work

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Scroggers say flip when screen is 1/3 full if i remember right. You want to perfectly fill your screen, not overcrowd it.

Great job on the build. very, very clean. You will do well.

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

Scroggers say flip when screen is 1/3 full if i remember right. You want to perfectly fill your screen, not overcrowd it.

Great job on the build. very, very clean. You will do well.

I too wonder???? I know that may be what they say but what if your lid height is 8'+? Will it let your sites grow tall enough to max yeilds? I know in LBH's tutorial... he kept his plants small in a closet and set them on a high table running 600 watt'ers. I know for me... I would like my plants to be atleast 3-4' when finished as that would give me 2' clearence for lights and 2' for magic pot height+room for dtw.

BC farmer

BC farmer

Well moisture levels are ok now (min 58, max 70) It is not consistent though and will be improved on the next run. Want to get the environment optimal.
We will also be adding another row of 600 (5x) even though AWing claims with exactly this lay out it will produce optimum. I would be more confident if they actually got back to us.

Order the root/foliar pack from Cap and can't wait to apply.

We are having a hard time getting our Pro mix Beds PH run-off numbers in line. We have tried Dolomite Lime (sprinkled over top then watered in, about 2 lbs per bed) then hydrated lime (5 ml per gallon, pre diluted before adding to the food) and still the run off is coming out just over 5, even though with Hydro Fuel food at a quarter strength and the PH going in is 12. The Sunshine #4 beds are coming out 6.4 which I am happy with.
Any suggestions?

We noticed a few thrips as well and am now looking into erradicating these little fuckers. Your input on remedies is appreciated. Got a Dr Doom can standby but I have had little success with those.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Azamax destroys thrips FWIW.

Bennies will help buffer pH.

half baked

half baked

i got some deep impact deep clean, was skeptical at first, after 1 application the plants look a helluva lot better plus not see a single thrip since, will be reapplying it in the next few days
heres a link bro
http://www.deepimpactplantcare.co.uk/

honestly best thing ive used for thrips in the 3times ive had them, gonna be keeping this stuff around for sure
hb

Top Bottom