2008 hightimes cup results

• Thread starter I B L
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

I hate to sound like the grumpy bastard who didn't go, but the HTCC clearly doesn't represent the smoking habits of the masses anymore - merely an exercise in marketing, and not a reflection of quality as it used to.

What people are voting for are their impressions on a weed in a totally biased atmosphere, whilst being bombarded with marketing messages. Once they leave Amsterdam, the hype is left behind. This explains why the 07 winner, G13 Haze, is hardly grown or smoked, but an older winner, like White Widow or SSH, are cornerstone smokes around the globe. The best endorsement for a weed is the number of people that enjoy it. I am willing to bet anyone that Utopia Haze is never heard of again in grow diaries.

And so, it raises the question: what's the value of the HTCC? As a big convention? Yes. As a big annual meetup? Yes. Opportunity to charge Americans 65eu/gm for icelator? Yes. Annual decider on the best pot? No.

I still need to go, but I'm surprised at the voting outcomes in recent years. Seems that voters are being influenced, or are just clueless - but it doesn't represent the leaps being made in breeding imho....

H

hazyfontazy

I hate to sound like the grumpy bastard who didn't go, but the HTCC clearly doesn't represent the smoking habits of the masses anymore - merely an exercise in marketing, and not a reflection of quality as it used to.

What people are voting for are their impressions on a weed in a totally biased atmosphere, whilst being bombarded with marketing messages. Once they leave Amsterdam, the hype is left behind. This explains why the 07 winner, G13 Haze, is hardly grown or smoked, but an older winner, like White Widow or SSH, are cornerstone smokes around the globe. The best endorsement for a weed is the number of people that enjoy it. I am willing to bet anyone that Utopia Haze is never heard of again in grow diaries.

And so, it raises the question: what's the value of the HTCC? As a big convention? Yes. As a big annual meetup? Yes. Opportunity to charge Americans 65eu/gm for icelator? Yes. Annual decider on the best pot? No.

I still need to go, but I'm surprised at the voting outcomes in recent years. Seems that voters are being influenced, or are just clueless - but it doesn't represent the leaps being made in breeding imho....

yes it does ,,,we all know the htcc is just to boost sales ,,sure looks like a lotta fun though ,,,you need to goto and enter the ic420 cup ,that'll cheer u up :rock

F

franco.gh

yes, the 420Cup (as any other blind-judging context) is far more valuable when it comes to select good pot.
But the HTCC is the biggest and most fun cannabis event on the calendar, something every smoker and grower should try once in their lives.
It's awesome to see so many people in Amsterdam at the same time, racing through the coffeeshops and smoking huge amounts of pot, and partying together.
The concerts are grat, the atmosphere is killer....
people make friends with total strangers in less than a minute, and before it's all over the crews are tighter than they have ever been.

In my opinion, the HTCC rocks. :yes

H

hazyfontazy

was big buddha auditioning for the blues brothers ?

:giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle:giggle

i agree franco ,,the parties looked awesome and meeting/making new friends is what weed is all about ,,i'm gutted i never went ,,i wouldve love to see steal pulse ,,i'll be there next year for sure:clapping

F

FastForward

Yeah, that's the impression I'm getting - and it makes me even more jealous! Next year for sure. It absolutely seems like the most amazing smokeout and get together, and a chance to catch up with friends at least once a year.

Will check out the 420 Cup. Blind judging sounds awesome...

What I'd really like to see is a global Cannabis Council or something, with all the main breeders represented (think United Nations of Ganja) - irrespective of interpersonal politics. It would be the opinion of those guys who I'd really value...if they could ever agree on anything ;)

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah I will def make the next one also.

I also want to enter the 420 cup. I feel some long cured nevilles and sssdh will do well.

K

Kilo

looked like fun man!! im in on the next one trust me! thxs for the shots franco...some hot lookin chicks aswell ...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
More Euro-Chick shots please.....I could look at them all day..

Thanks for the pics Franko..

Tex

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
I will also be out at the cup next year so I'll see ya guys their .:clapping

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
That would be excelletn Zoo.

M

Mr Green

on my list to do next year.. have always wanted to go and about time i make it happen next year.. thanks for sharing the the pics franco.. your right texas kid,, i could look at the pics of the euro chicks all day..lol

K

Karma Genetics

It was fun for sure. Gongratz to Mo from Greenplace with the 3rd price Chocolope. Its was perfectly grown batch. In my eyes the real winner and underdog. Its was great meeting up and the smoke out at HUnters was great. A lot of great people all together and the overall smoke was better then normal.

The Utopia haze was just ................... not good.
The Super lemon haze was much better then the utopia haze but not a winner in my eyes. It was a nice smoke do and defantly one in the top 10 of the weed samples

jah_hoover

jah_hoover

It was fun for sure. Gongratz to Mo from Greenplace with the 3rd price Chocolope. Its was perfectly grown batch. In my eyes the real winner and underdog. Its was great meeting up and the smoke out at HUnters was great. A lot of great people all together and the overall smoke was better then normal.

The Utopia haze was just ................... not good.
The Super lemon haze was much better then the utopia haze but not a winner in my eyes. It was a nice smoke do and defantly one in the top 10 of the weed samples

totally agree karma, the chocolope at greenplace was the real winner and it was gr8 to meet all the guys and session for a solid 3 days, just got back from the airport. Banana and his m8 mash up in the airport smoking joints at the entrance lol bananas m8s pass posrt stunk of stunk at customs lmao

F

franco.gh

last update from the 420 closing party on friday afternoon @ Green House...
and the last big joint of the 21st Cup!

see you next year!!!

O

ograskal

Thanks for the pics Franco and congratz on the win....Wish i was there!...~ogr

C

cheesyblues

i also went to the cup and i think that the green place should have won the cup by miles greenhouse/barnys just try to buy people and as for the entry's they were poor they should not have wont tweed camer had some shit hot la con and greenplace chocolaope was good and the staff and cof shop its self is ten times better than greenhouse and barnys

B

bannana man

totally agree karma, the chocolope at greenplace was the real winner and it was gr8 to meet all the guys and session for a solid 3 days, just got back from the airport. Banana and his m8 mash up in the airport smoking joints at the entrance lol bananas m8s pass posrt stunk of stunk at customs lmao
ye it was fun mate ,,green place for 1st next year lol

CBF

CBF

Supporter
does anyone know what the actual requirements are to enter the cup?

Latest posts

Top Bottom